• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is a good pet to solo spawns

KimDeago

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have tried several builds but looking for suggestions on a pet to solo spawns. I have several trained CUs but they are too slow. I have not found the right skills for a lesser to be a good spawn pet. Open to suggestions. Scrolls are not a problem. I try to solo spawns with tamer but so far all pets are just too slow to progress the spawn. Any ideas? Thank you in advance for your help.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Really depends on the Spawn and the Tamer temp.. but the best all round pet for them would either be the AI Cu or the AI/AP Naja imo. The Naja is almost mandatory imo when it comes to Neira, that 140+ resist is great.

Keep in mind this is fpr a Mage/SW/Tamer temp. I do not worry about the pet killing the spawn off quickly because I do that. The pet is just the distraction to keep me alive lol. Get a swarm around the pet and then it's Essence/T-storm/Wildfire etc time.

KimDeago

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Really depends on the Spawn and the Tamer temp.. but the best all round pet for them would either be the AI Cu or the AI/AP Naja imo. The Naja is almost mandatory imo when it comes to Neira, that 140+ resist is great.

Keep in mind this is fpr a Mage/SW/Tamer temp. I do not worry about the pet killing the spawn off quickly because I do that. The pet is just the distraction to keep me alive lol. Get a swarm around the pet and then it's Essence/T-storm/Wildfire etc time.
Thank you for the response. Will try with my naja when it is bonded. I have been relying on the pet mostly instead of how you suggest. Will give it a try.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ah ok.. from what folks say "Goo" is a decent area effect spell but I am not a fan of the small radius the pets area effects hit at... except for the Dimetrosaur and it's poison area effect. May want to try one of those with relying solely on the pet to clear the spawn.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Important question... are the pets you are using scrolled and their skills leveled?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning Kim , what temp is your tamer? I ask because things vary from the amount of aoe the tamer and back up the pet with too.. like I for one am a spell weaving magery tamer so after a good amount of things are on my pet I will surrport its aoe with my own... I've tested a good amount of builds for aoe pets and depending on the build and your temp ya have to use diff tactics like on rat you don't even have to retreat..while on undead its best to move to a clear area and work ya way back to the alter on most wave changes...but any way The most common one that makes for a good solo is the fire beetle with Goo(aoe that only hits greys in oaks spawn), armor ignore, Rune corruption,poison spec.(if you decide to try this pet add the moves in the order they are listed here or you cant add them all). when all 120ed out its hp and mana lvl are around 800ish... Now aside from its passive HP reg and what ever mastery or spells you bring to the table its heal /stand aloe factor is not the best.(but is still very good).. but with high HP ya can run into an area invis (its super tanky)...and watch the fur fly.. they have amazing mana reg and have the pure sustained single target of their cousins the blue beetle ... they fair very well on most of the spawn champs ..with the execption of semidar where she considers most pets to be male so any damage done to her is also done doubled to your pet..so a ai for 150 hits your pet for 300...So make sure back it up with ranged heals as she will switch to you often if you are in melee range.... RC makes the mightiest of bosses and monsters take some huge spike.( on most bosses it lowers all their resistances by -35ishng,50% of the starting rs, but it varies depending on the spawn value).. There are other pets with some great spawn specs as well..the one Im currently testing is one of best solo spawn pets I've worked with...but I want to test a few more things about it before I post my findings on that one... but yeah as common pets go .. while there is a vast amount of pets to pick from ...this one has been one of my favorites.. just because of its tanky nature, huge mana return, and debuffings ways.. bare in mind this has been from the eyes of my play style and may vary from other players... there are many fine options for solo spawn pets.. this is just one of my favorite picks... Hope this helps... should ya have anymore questions feel free to post or message me.. =^-^=

Last edited:

KimDeago

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning Kim , what temp is your tamer? I ask because things vary from the amount of aoe the tamer and back up the pet with too.. like I for one am a spell weaving magery tamer so after a good amount of things are on my pet I will surrport its aoe with my own... I've tested a good amount of builds for aoe pets and depending on the build and your temp ya have to use diff tactics like on rat you don't even have to retreat..while on undead its best to move to a clear area and work ya way back to the alter on most wave changes...but any way The most common one that makes for a good solo is the fire beetle with Goo(aoe that only hits greys in oaks spawn), armor ignore, Rune corruption,poison spec.(if you decide to try this pet add the moves in the order they are listed here or you cant add them all). when all 120ed out its hp and mana lvl are around 800ish... Now aside from its passive HP reg and what ever mastery or spells you bring to the table its heal /stand aloe factor is not the best.(but is still very good).. but with high HP ya can run into an area invis (its super tanky)...and watch the fur fly.. they have amazing mana reg and have the pure sustained single target of their cousins the blue beetle ... they fair very well on most of the spawn champs ..with the execption of semidar where she considers most pets to be male so any damage done to her is also done doubled to your pet..so a ai for 150 hits your pet for 300...So make sure back it up with ranged heals as she will switch to you often if you are in melee range.... RC makes the mightiest of bosses and monsters take some huge spike.( on most bosses it lowers all their resistances by -35ishng,50% of the starting rs, but it varies depending on the spawn value).. There are other pets with some great spawn specs as well..the one Im currently testing is one of best solo spawn pets I've worked with...but I want to test a few more things about it before I post my findings on that one... but yeah as common pets go .. while there is a vast amount of pets to pick from ...this one has been one of my favorites.. just because of its tanky nature, huge mana return, and debuffings ways.. bare in mind this has been from the eyes of my play style and may vary from other players... there are many fine options for solo spawn pets.. this is just one of my favorite picks... Hope this helps... should ya have anymore questions feel free to post or message me.. =^-^=
Thank you very much. I will try a fire beetle. I am also training a naja to see how effective it is at spawns. I run pure tamer with Margery and hide/stealth. Slowed reaction times so I find hide/stealth more user friendly than combat skills. Will make a SW tamer and see how I do with fire beetle and the Naja. Again, thank you for the response. Pets are scrolled 120 and fully trained.

KimDeago

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thank you very much. I will try a fire beetle. I am also training a naja to see how effective it is at spawns. I run pure tamer with Margery and hide/stealth. Slowed reaction times so I find hide/stealth more user friendly than combat skills. Will make a SW tamer and see how I do with fire beetle and the Naja. Again, thank you for the response. Pets are scrolled 120 and fully trained.
Donavon, you mention Goo AI Rune Corruption and poison on a fire beetle build. Just started a fire beetle training. Can you put Goo and Armour ignore on a fire beetle?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Donavon, you mention Goo AI Rune Corruption and poison on a fire beetle build. Just started a fire beetle training. Can you put Goo and Armour ignore on a fire beetle?
I am not Don, but yes, you can have AI and Goo on a fire beetle.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning Miss Kim, Rail is very correct you can indeed have them But with fire beetle its all in the order in which you add the moves... when you get to the first 100% and 1500 points... you want to make sure to add them in this order.. Goo, armor ignore, rune corruption, then poisoning skill... There are a few bugs in the system right now that if you use any other order you will not be able to fit all of the moves on the pet... but so long as ya go in this order you will be fine... As for the Naj you will find its an amazing spawn pet , with many fine builds..make sure you start with a 2 slot one though.. as they come in 2 and 3.. the 2 slot ones will always out shine the 3 slot as they come with 1500 more points of training and make for true beast... One of my favorite builds for them is Armor ignore,Frez whirl wind(this will give it ninja skill that gains passively and gives you the extra damage increase to this move but since it is passive will not remove its poison skill...many get tricked when they see the ninja in red..but that just a warning it cost 500 extra points.. so just hit train and it will go through.. hehe...) its a super strong aoe and single target spec...as armor ignore will bring really strong burst....and frez whirl is not only strong aoe but at 120 ninja will hit in the 160-200 range once all the mini small hits are added together.. .I would jump on test when ya get one to 100% and try the many specs for naj out.... they all have a charm to them.. =^-^=

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
What you think of Naj with AI, FrezWW, and poison area AoE, very powerful area poison at GM poisoning? by the way are there power scrolls for poisoning?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
If no scrolls, then a pet with 120 native poisoning like Runebeetle would do awesome poisoning damage with Poison breath?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon Celticus, poisoning on pets is abit wonky right now... the ones born with poison are far stronger with poison moves then the ones we add it too..sadly there are no PS to increase it beyond GM... I believe they are still balancing it and how it works on pets... I enjoy the the poison breath pets as well...they did some balancing to it since it was release to only effect greys and then only ones that have aggroed on to your pet or you have attacked..they also reduced its range abit since when it first hit... sadly , the when it comes to rune beetles their lore and knowledge page is slammed full..which means we cant add any other moves to it.. =* [