• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What if I wanted to come back and start on Siege Perilous?

G

i really enjoy pvp and would give this a try but isn't there some rediculous cap on skill gain so its going to take me 3x as long just to train tedious skills?

I

imported_Spiritless

Yes it's called RoT, or Rate over Time. You become subject to RoT when you hit 70.1 skill. From that point:

<ul>70.1 - 80: Skill can be gained at 5 minute intervals, daily cap of 3.6.
80.1 - 98: Skill can be gained at 10 minute intervals, daily cap of 2.1.
98.1 - 120: Skill can be gained at 15 minute intervals, daily cap of 2.1.[/list]These caps apply globally to all skills in RoT, and not just each one. So, you can't gain 3.6 in wrestling and 2.1 in magery daily as both would be counting toward your daily cap.

Basically this translates to it taking months to get a skilled character on the shard, but on the plus side is means predictable gains.

As resources can be scarce on the shard, and often cost more then on production shards with gold becoming more difficult to come by, RoT can save you time spent training and gold as you know exactly when you'll get a guaranteed gain.

Quite a few people on Siege aren't too happy with the daily caps for RoT though and believe it may be preventing new players from being as willing to join the shard, as it is in your case evidently. I definitely think they're onto something with this and there's a small chance that the developers may revisit this area in the future as people have spoken out.

I

imported_tek

<blockquote><hr>

I think you should look for kelmo.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

C

Cat Crimson

<blockquote><hr>

How would I go about that? *winks*

[/ QUOTE ]

Wooo blatant ninja shardseduction programme in the machine !

G

way-uhl, ya see ... if ye be young status, ye must renounce it afore ye kin go to Siege. Then ya needs to slide over to the Siege Perilous forum and make Kelmo work for a change.

Also, I would advise anyone to a) read about the facets in the FAQ (old and new versions) - and seriously read the Siege FAQ before jumping.

G

Siege and Mugen have a RoT (Rate over Time) system that is different. It's fully explained in the Siege Forum FAQ I believe. Link to SP Forum is in my response to Kelmo.

G

Ya thats crazy, actually i am enjoying the pvp on atlantic, but find myself stuck to Yew gate. I would love a pvp server, but there is NO WAY I am going to spend 3 months working on a character.

so much for that idea.