• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What has your runic hammer created?

G

Agapite Runic:

Verite War Fork

Hit Life Leech 57%
Hit Cold Area 46%
Hit Stamina Leech 50%
Hit Lower Defense 42%
Damage Increase 40%

And it's still not as good as glorypaxson's kryss or RavenWinterhawk's copper runic wep.

P

paladin33

I don't know what dev have do again, but weapon crafted with verity and valorite are totaly crap...

Need to burn 100 valorite hammer for make one good weapon

S

slasherofveils

bronze runic = 3 properties x 35 swings = 105 properties
valorite runic = 5 properties x 15 swings = 75 properties

yes all valorites are gonna be higher intensities, but with the properties more consolidated to single weapons, much higher chance per weapon for RNG to roll a less useful property which lacks an intensity (ie, UBWS, Mage wep, SC, slayer, etc)

seriously how many people who have smelted high end runic results would've kept most those weapons had it rolled, say SSI or HLD instead of mage weapon

considering you can purchase about 150 bronze for the price of 1 valorite, you're more likely to find a 'wow thats good' weapon from the midrange hammers, though the best of the best will still only come from the high end and LOTS of luck with the evil RNG

K

Kakitasteel

Bronze runic
Dull Copper ingot's
Katana
"Crocea_Mor's"
HML 55
HLA 40
HLD 50
DI 40

ssi woulda been nice, still not to bad for a bronze....... like everyone else 1 val all junk, 2 verite garbage, agapite is my hammer of choice

M

midiguru

I burnt about 15 Bronze Runic Hammer's these were the three best items i made. I had some others that were pretty nice that i put for sale on my Luna Vendor. These 3 I obviously kept for myself. Gonna try to burn some more this weekend and see if i get anything else nice. I'm really loving the ornate axe right now.

(Golden) Ornate Axe
50 Hit Magic Arrow
60 Hit Mana Leech
40 Luck
30 Swing Speed Increase
40 Damage Increase

(Golden) Katana
50 Hit Fireball
111 Luck
30 Swing Speed Increase
40 Damage Increase

(Golden) Executioner's Axe
44 Hit Magic Arrow
44 Hit Lower Attack
40 Luck
30 Swing Speed Increase
40 Damage Increase

N

nikki4

As far as PvP weapons people want 100% physical damage.
why physical? i think physical damage is the worst type of damage for PvP, because of "reflect physical damage" property, so it's better use weapons with elemental type of damage. Am I wrong?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of those more funny weapons that came out of my hammers were a halberd:
- 100% life leech
- 40% di
- lower req 50%
- UBWS
All I thoguht on it was: Wow, those could be the stats of an pour minor arty. :lick:

(I know, Its not that good. At least it came out when I was filling halberd-sbods with dull or shadow runics.)

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I pulled this with the first swing of a val hammer I recently bought. I have used up 4 other hammers trying for the perfect twink and heavy ornate axe..no luck on the axe, but this is exactly what I was searching for in my scimitar. This is my new everything killer weapon..

S

somoka

Don't feel bad. I spent my valorite hammer, agapite, 2 gold and i smelted every single weapon that came out from it.
what a total waste.... with imbuing coming up, those would be perfect unraveling weapons and hell. that is if you used iron, which is what i use when i burn hammers. that way if i get a near perfect item with just one flaw property, it can be altered.

L

Larry

Is there a difference between using Iron and Dull Copper since both are 100% phys?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
if you use Dull copper, you won't be able to unravel the items with imbuing, in Stygian Abyss. Other than that, not really (just lower minimum STR and increased durability for DC)