What has your runic hammer created?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

Bronze Hammer
Valorite Ore.
Diamond Mace
44% Hit Lightning
30% Swing Speed Increase
34% Hit Lower Attack
36% Damage Increase

Pretty nice for 1 burn through of a bronze runic hammer.

G

Created it on Origin. I figure for a 100k bronze hammer its nice.

G

Noob question here, but why use Valorite ore? Is the scattered damage type desired for some reason? I'm now hesitating to use my hammers even more because now along with what weapon to make, I'm now not sure of ore to use either, hehehehe.

Rey~

G

if you make it iron it goes to 100% physical damage.
If your fightning a foe with great resistance to physical damage, then it makes the weapon less effective, less you use consecrate weapon.

I use any ore that spreads on resistance damages. Just for the sake of it.

I

imported_Wing Chun

As far as PvP weapons people want 100% physical damage. Pvm it does not matter as much.

G

<blockquote><hr>

As far as PvP weapons people want 100% physical damage. Pvm it does not matter as much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why 100% P for PVP?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 13, 2004
California, USA
Nice Weapon!

I normally use Gold to make my weapons. You get the small amount of Luck in case you PvM. You also get 100% physical and Lower Requirements. 100% physical is the only max elemental damage you can be guaranteed on a weapon. Quite a few creatures have Physical as their lowest resist, and even some mages, bards, and tamers in PvP will have it as their lowest resist.

I used to use Verite for the extra poison damage, but that only worked against creatures with low poison resist.

The problem with Valorite ingots is they spread the damage out too much so none of them are effective. You still need Consecrate Weapon to focus the damage on your opponent's weakest resist.

Update 2/16/2008:
I finally used my Valorite Hammer on Pac. I'd been saving it for awhile (I bought about it 8 months ago). I made quite a few really nice items, but this one really stuck out. I'd have to say it's the nicest weapon I've ever created. Maybe the nicest weapon I've ever seen...

My only problem with it is that it has no offensive stuff (HCI, HLD, Hit Spell, SSI) other than DI, but it should make my Paly pretty much indestructible.

Added 2/15/2008:
Here are the results from my first Verite Hammer. Not bad, but not fantastically great either:

There's a couple really nice ones in there (2nd and last in row 2), but nothing that just screams "Go kill some mages!!" I also noticed I had 2 that had more than 50% DI.

G

Someone told me that it used to be the weapon damage type would key in on the weakest resist it could do, but that changed with Mondain's. This would make sense to me since the higher level ores have 3-5 damage type spreads, with Valorite hitting all of them. But now it seems you want 100% of any given damage type, preferably the type yer target is weakest against to save you from having to use consecrate all the time.

Rey~

G

Hi,

nice weapon .
But you havent 100 arms lore?

Regards
The Scandinavian

G

Hi,

what do you mean exactly?

I thought that it was good to spread out because then you make sure that you dont have only the opponents max resist as weapon damage.

Are there any reason to why people would have physical resist as the lowest?
I always make my weapons from valorite ingots,maybe its time to change that old habbit.

Regards
The Scandinavian

G

If I want to be cranky I would say that your weapon is a very good proof to why the intensities should be slightly decreased.

Even if I used a valorite hammer the odds that I would make a better weapon is actually not very high.

Regards
The Scandinavian

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hi,

nice weapon .
But you havent 100 arms lore?

Right, my origin characture isnt fully arms lored for the other 2. Its now at 60. More then when i made that weapon.

Thanks for the iron info too. Iron for all.

Regards
The Scandinavian

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Im sort of torn between the changes.
On the 1 hand, with no proof, I think UO is moving us away from arties, insurance as it is now (maybe a variation), and "the nothing wears out".

So these hammers are key.

But I made my hammer with 1 pass of a bronze. So we will see lots of weapons coming.

I was trying to sell it on origin. No one wants it. But I have to say, my mage uses it, she has 107 macing. And shes a monster killer. Thats her role.

With that weapon. A nearly 70s suit with, defense chance increas of 40 something % and 15% hit chance increase. She can slug it out.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 13, 2004
California, USA
What I mean is it is best to have your weapon at 100% in any of the elemental damages. Since the only 100% damage you can be guaranteed on a crafted weapon is Physical, it's best to go with 100% physical damage (iron, gold, I don't remember the others).

The reason? If you have your damage spread out, you won't know which resist is the lowest on your enemy and at least part of your damage will be lowered because it will be hitting against your enemy's top resists. Now if you had 100% in Physical, at least part of the time you would be hitting against someone's lowest resist. The rest of the time you'd know you had to use CS to get to their lowest resists.

When I get home, I'll try to add an example to help explain this.

G

Hi again,

the reason that no one wants it is mostly because its a mace I think.
Fencer weapons and swords are much more wanted for ,espescially for a mage.

And much people are just in the beguining of hammer swinging.
After one week of getting the wrong properties all the time your weapon will look much better,for them that likes mace weapons that is.

Imo you got 3 of the 4 most wanted properties on a mace weapon.
Well done.

Regards
The Scandinavian

G

Aha,

I do understand now what you mean.
You are saying that if I have 100% physical I know what kind of damage numbers to expect and I can easy calculate what resist they have.
If opponent have 70 resist in physical I will notice that and I can try other elemental damage.

Am I right?

Well I have more than one weapon because of that and I have no chiv.

Regards
The Scandinavian

I

imported_Festus

Just burned a gold hammer for fun to see what would pop out.
These are the only two that caught my eye.

Golden Katana
Hit Life Leech 62%
Hit Mana Leech 60%
Fire Elemental Slayer
Luck 40
Faster Cast 1
Damage Increase 40%
Lower Requirements 50%

Golden Katana
Hit Mana Leech 50%
Hit Harm 50%
Luck 40%
Hit Chance Increase 11%
Damage Increase 47%
Lower Requirements 50%

G

Hey
What about this A THUNDERING AXE.
Need Encrusted Cit. Gem for it.

10% hit lightning
44% hit harm
40% hit physical area
27% Hit lower attack.
40% damage increase

Close to that. Doing it off memory.

Now it might not be great for PvP cluster fighting but if you are a lone pvper. It seems pretty nice.

And if you are killing low end monsters for loot its a great cluster weapons.

I take it people like the ORNATE AXE because of the leeching. But is there a difference between an ORNATE AXE, GUARDIAN AXE, and THUNDERING AXE?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 2, 2003
A few things...

I always use Gold for weapons since it adds 40 luck and if I get a luck roll - the weapon can have up to 140 luck.

Since nearly every dexer in the game has chivalry - concecrate weapon takes care of the elemental dmg.

Regarding the weapons stats - if you might be able to sell a few of these now but in the future - these are all near worthless since they are so easy to create.

I burned a bronze hammer making Wounding Assassin Spikes (need ingots and emeralds) and I crafted about 5 that were better than nearly anything my dexer friend already had.

I then busted out an aggy hammer and with 15 swings crafted some crazy stuff. Wounding Assasin spikes have 15% Hit Harm and can also get other spell mods and can be deadly poisoned.

I made one with SSI 20, Lightning 44, Hit Lower Def 44 FC 1 DI 40 Luck 40. Harm 15%. Its a 2s weapon already so nice and fast.

You could hit someone for:
Normal Weapon Dmg
Harm
Lightning
Poison

All on one hit and with high stamina this thing swings at max speed.

Welcome to test center folks. While this is fun for now - its over the top. Within a few weeks weapons are going to be so ubiquitious - no one will have a need for anything.

Realize that Verite and Val hammers are going to start hitting shards in a week or two and its going to get really crazy.

G

Hi,

the lack of speed is killing that weapon.

Wife will be away on a ladies dinner tonight so me and Elvin will have a boys night at home.

Beer,ribs and violent movies for the win.
Or maybe not.
Milk,sausage and Bob the builder is more likely

Anyway,after I have tucked him in to bed I will burn a few hammers and post here.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Regards
The Scandinavian

G

yeah 3.5 speed.

But for a 3 mod hammer. It appears bronzes can create some cool stuff.
Ill save my aggys when I feel I know exactly what I want weapons wise.

This weekend Ill keep experimenting.

What weapon is good for PvP that doesnt need SSI? Anything?

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 14, 2004
Oklahoma USA
<blockquote><hr>

Many of the fencing weapons don't need SSI, War Fork, Kryss, Assassin Spike are all fast enough on their own. I'm not positive, but any weapon with under a 3s delay doesn't need any ssi on a high dex/stamina warrior. My poison/dexxer swings plenty fast with a no ssi war fork (the slowest of the 3 mentioned).

Rey~

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a PvPer and I prefer as high SSI as I can get on my weps. When you PvP you take damage and taht reduced your actual stam. Causes you too swing slower. SSI means you dont have to keep max stam all the time saving pots and mana.

G

I made these:

Kryss: 40 DI, 25 SSI, 11 HCI, 48% Hit Lightning
Kryss: 40 DI, 13 HCI, 14 DCI, 46% Hit lightning
Mace: 40 DI, 20 SSI, 15 DCI, 48% Hit Harm

And like 50 other nice weps so far

G

Hi again,

depends on your stamina.The faster the weapon is the less damage it makes,normally thats the way it is.

I first decide what weapon I want depending on the special moves.
After that I decidee how much stamina I need to swing it as fast as possible.

But if you have very high stamina maybe you want to choose a slower weapon because they normally have higher base damage,if you can still swing at fastest speed ofcourse.

As Steven says above you want the fastest weapon possible in your range of stamina.Its no use to use a weapon that will drop in speed if you loose a few stamina points.If pvp that is.

I hope I did make some sense.

Regards
The Scandinavian

G

what about a double blade axe

It would be slower, assuming you dont crank up your dex, is the double STRIKE a special that can make up for the speed.

A double strike with axe damage and lightning. Seems nice.

I know 30% SSI is 1 full tick of speed. Do you think weapons must be 30% SSI or would a PvPer have +5 or +10 SSI on them to make up for a weapon with a SSI of say 20 or 25%.

As a smith I want to supply the weapons and weapon types. Im not going to PvP, but want a selection for my vendors.

It might be nice to have a list of what PvPers want.

G

I PvP alot.

Poison fencers like krysses, for the poison hit AI combo. Its fast and if you got parry u need a one handed. But most poison people like to use one handed because they would be able to pot.

Axes. Ornate axes are pretty common on the pvp scene.
Also for mace users: Diamond maces and maces for the con blow.
Fencers. Krysses, war forks.

Here are some for you.

(few people also use spears/small spears)

G

Hi,
I was making some kryss's to fill a bod using a shadow runic hammer, and made a kryss with 50% hit lightning 48% hit lower defense and 39 damge (only 80 armslore).
Which i kept,heh

G

Im a fencer so Im not sure about the other weapons.

Im not using any double strike weapons but Im fairly sure that both swings will check if they hit or not seperatly from each other.I dont think double strike is widely used on the pvp arena.

The slower the weapon is the more important it is to have higher ssi.
I have myself thought of wearing other items to get higher ssi,but I do believe that if people are willingly to use a slot to have extra ssi they will still want the max ssi from weapon.

Im not an expert in pvp so I would rather listen to HolaHola if I were you,or other pvper ofcourse.

Regards
The Scandinavian

G

Thanks All
I want to open 3 vendors for each type of weapon class.

So what i gather here, Ill transfer to my merchants.

TY

G

And,
one more think before you burn all your hammers.

Keep in mind that ALOT of hammers will be burn in the near future,this will make it rather hard to sell any weapons.If I were you I would only make weapons that I want for myself.In that case you can enjoy them by yourself if they are not selling.

I have used alot of hammers in my days but I have never made any weapons that I dont use myself.

Im using mostly warforks and krysses.
After that leafblades and spears.

Regards
The Scandinavian

G

Oh I have a supply for myself.
My merchant tends to sell first while selling is ripe and then buy back stuff for himself later.

A good formula for the merchant.

J

Jhym

Dull copper, 76% mana leech, 75% life leech hammer pick.

I will try a copper later on this weekend, I didn't have any bronzes stocked so I have to fill some bods.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

Contrary to what everyone else said about PvP weps. It is best to have either or both fire and poison damage. With Corpse skin these resists are lowered, thus doing greater damage to your opponents. Physical resist is usually the first thing covered in setting up a suit of armor.

G

Hi,

I have now made 5 swings with a Valorite hammer.

And none of the weapons is even close to be as good as your weapon made from a bronze hammer.

This is was I was afraid of when they made the intensities changes.

I made as most 2 usable properties per weapon.
Maybe I will post all properties from this Valorite hammer fiasco.
If I recover from it that is.

"sobs"

Regards
The Scandinavian

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 13, 2004
California, USA
I posted a picture of a weapon I made with my Val Hammer in my first post in this thread. I'm extemely happy with that one. Of course it is possible to make that very same weapon with a Verite Hammer now.

G

Yupp,

that weapon looks very good.
edit

But I want a few other properties.

I rechecked my newly home cooked weapons and to my surprise two of them was similar in a way to your weapon.

Both of my weapons had one\two property less than your because of damage conversion and\or di.

EDIT Post to show all weapons made.
All 5 weapons below I made from Valorite hammer.

1*Warfork with Valorite ingots.
Hit Lower Defence 44
Hit Stamina Leech 46
Hit Mana Leech 62
Hit Chance Increase 15
Physical Resist 14
Dmage Increase 40

2*Warfork with Valorite ingots.
Hit Lower Attack 42
Hit Life Leech 55
Hit Chance Increase 14
Damage conversion
Damage Increase 54

3*Warfork with Valorite ingots.
Hit Dispel
SC(-1)
Spider Slayer
Damage Conversion
Damage Increase 55

4*Kryss with Golden ingots.
Hit Fireball
Posion Elemental slayer
FC 1
UBWS
Damage Conversion
Damage Increase 40

5*Kryss with Golden ingots.
Hit Lower Defence 44
Spider Slayer
Hit Chance Increase 13
Damage Conversion
Damage Increase 54

Mybe I should not cry but I want hit spell,ssi,sc.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 13, 2004
California, USA
Actually that's brand new. I made it today. You are thinking of the one I made about a year ago with a Verite Hammer.

S

sean_lo

Don't feel bad. I spent my valorite hammer, agapite, 2 gold and i smelted every single weapon that came out from it.

S

sean_lo

The weapon that i'm actually using is a ornate axe that came from a bronze runic. +40 DI, +20 SSI, +40 lifeleech and mana leech. Sigh.. pathetic.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

Made this kryss with a DC hammer today.

Hit Lightning 46%
Hit Lower Attack 46%
Damage increase 39%

Not to shabby if I say so myself. What I figure is the low end hammers are better suited for 2-2.5 second weapons while high end ones would be a better choice for 3+ second weapons which would have a greater chance of getting both SSI and hit spell.

G

Hi,

I like your top left weapon best.

SC,HLD,Hit spell.
yummie

I have updated my post above to show all 5 swings with Valorite hammer.

Regards
The Scandinavian

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2005
so u see as a bad thing others us that did bods as a hobby see that years into now pay off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love that i claim a valorite hammer in game other than buying from scripter

G

Yeah I went to an aggy. Garbage.
So I think in the end, its still RNG, with great potential.

I might be more inclined to sell my hammers and buy the weapon.

Though its a lot of fun to hammer away.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Made this kryss with a DC hammer today.

Hit Lightning 46%
Hit Lower Attack 46%
Damage increase 39%

Not to shabby if I say so myself. What I figure is the low end hammers are better suited for 2-2.5 second weapons while high end ones would be a better choice for 3+ second weapons which would have a greater chance of getting both SSI and hit spell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats good info. Thats what I think too. I am using dulls, and shadows for all 2-2.5 second weapons.

Maybe copper and bronze for all 3-3.5 speed weapons.

Perhaps thats how I should approach things.

I

imported_Kallie Pigeon

I haven't had as much time as you all to burn runics nor do I have the high end runics but I did make a dagger using a dc runic and iron
34 stamina leach
50 life leach
40 damage increase

G

has bleed attack
50% hit ligtning
46% HLD
60% life leech
40% damage increase
made from verite

2.5 swing speed.

made it with A COPPER RUNIC.