• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What happened to....

M

Morgan

Nice read. My thief only just joined the guild and only has one theft to his name: 100 x sulfurous ash. His second attempt saw him guard-whacked lol. One day not to far down the track I'll hopefully have something worth entering.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I slowed down only because fo the lack of entries. I can't see a scroll being the only thing that was stolen. I'll fix it up today if the work load here in the office slows a bit, otherwise I'll do it tonight...la

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I slowed down only because fo the lack of entries. I can't see a scroll being the only thing that was stolen. I'll fix it up today if the work load here in the office slows a bit, otherwise I'll do it tonight...la
Yah I know Scrolls are too easy to get and too common, I put that link up more in the interest of the Staff. They aren't quite as common to find since people like them for the 220 luck, especially since I do most my stealing on Chesapeake. It's really rough trying to find decent items to steal on shards with insurance :lick:.

S

Sweeney

I've stolen 2 10th anniv. sculptures in the past 2 days, but those were spur of the moment steals.. I almost never take pics unless I'm stalking someone.

U

UltimaSword

I took my pics after the steals. Both my (katrinas crook and scroll) were spur of the moment. Also yes I'd like to see something beat my crappy 115 scroll.

A

Arch Magus

I don't know the rules of this Theft of the Week stuff...

but this past week I've stolen
120 Necro
120 Archery
120 Tactics

all of which I gave back because I don't want to make enemies of certain people =).

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't know the rules of this Theft of the Week stuff...

but this past week I've stolen
120 Necro
120 Archery
120 Tactics

all of which I gave back because I don't want to make enemies of certain people =).
Take what ye can! Give nothing back!

S

ShadowJack

Don't want to make enemies? That's why you need to use the disguise kit or not care

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Don't want to make enemies? That's why you need to use the disguise kit or not care
Me personally I don't care...other than a select few players most people don't know all my alts. That and usually people don't know I've ripped them off until after I've gotten the item and I'm running away...once I hit Wolf Form about 90% of the time I get away....

A

Arch Magus

Yeah, I just don't care.....about the scrolls. I've stolen plenty.

Believe me, certain people I like to smear it all in their faces.

S

ShadowJack

One thing I always liked about playing a thief is when people not only kill you on sight, they learn your chars (by being neighbors, etc..) and make them kos

fun stuff

That and I always liked to have a same named char that wasn't a thief hiding around a corner, run around with my thief, hide, switch really fast (if done right the people chasing you wont even notice) and then turning blues red

of course, when it would get thief heavy, I loved taking a mage and killing packys and suiciding on thieves in town

you used to be able to use forensics on a person and if you got a skill gain, then it was a thief

dunno if that still works

R

RedDaTeef

If you guys knew what I stole on a weekly basis you would all crap yer pants. So I'll spare ye that humiliation...

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say the Champ Spawns are the best, but I have always prefered to grab those that spawn in players packs near vendors or at the bank...la

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I mean do you go for starroom gate steals or right at the spawn?
I've done both. I've had times when I blow a steal at a spawn cause the guy steps away as I hit my steal last target key...When this happens I hide in the star room and wait for him to come to the gate to leave and take it while he's selecting his destination.

S

Sweeney

5 days ago :scholar:

A

Arch Magus

Whats the best way to get the scrolls?
Here are some general guidelines I like to follow.

As the Champ pops, get his lifebar up so you can tell how much time you have, as well as all protectors and whoever else may be hitting the Champ. I like to stay within screen of all the players as well as opening paperdolls of the characters so I know who is who.

I don't even attempt to Snoop packs until the boss is at least 1/8 HP's or less,it's not worth getting noticed UNLESS you have already been seen and they are onto you. If you've already been seen it's a whole other ball game altogether.

Depending on the veterancy of the spawners, they will know how to make things extremely tough for you, fellow thief. Lots like to Invis a lot before the boss dies, making things difficult. Poison fields and EQ's are your worst enemy, from REDS that is. If you're BLUE, other blues can do whatever they want, eq, poison, meteors, lightning, it won't matter. They can't hit you.:scholar:

Keep the target bars UP, at all times. If no raid is present, the spawners may linger afterwards. Lots bolt for the gate after the Champ drops, usually protectors.

A good strategy is to get the PROTECTOR'S pack on 'last object'. Head to the starroom before the boss drops. Wait in front of the gate ready to steal, blocking their run path. Open their pack as soon as they run into you. Blocking their path gives you a few extra very precious seconds to check the scrolls out.:scholar:

Hopefully you'll be heading out of there with a scroll worth a few million.

**Extra tip**
Pick yourself up a pair of old school 'Invisibility Charged Boots'.:love:
Make that steal, slip em on, and disappear instantly. One of my favorite tools of the trade. Don't leave them on your character and log off, they will revert to normal boots if you do so. :eek:

Any questions, just ask. I'll be here all night.

A

Arch Magus

I've done both. I've had times when I blow a steal at a spawn cause the guy steps away as I hit my steal last target key...When this happens I hide in the star room and wait for him to come to the gate to leave and take it while he's selecting his destination.
Question. Do you have "Steal>last target" on one key?

Because that can potentially cause problems. Using 2 separate keys allows you to hit Steal, then possibly run past the person on foot before you need to hit Last Target.

Just my 2 cents brother Thief.

S

Sweeney

Because that can potentially cause problems. Using 2 separate keys allows you to hit Steal, then possibly run past the person on foot before you need to hit Last Target.

What kind of problems? I use the one-key macro all the time. I'm usually hidden before a steal so I like having the one-key setup for the minimum visible time possible.

A

Arch Magus

What kind of problems? I use the one-key macro all the time. I'm usually hidden before a steal so I like having the one-key setup for the minimum visible time possible.
I like the 2 button setup.
Though, the more I think about it a 1 button macro should potentially work the same way.

For some reason I like to sometimes hold my Steal target cursor, then run in for the Last target.
I'm not sure why now lol :blushing: :loser:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

I have 2 Steal Hotkeys.

One is for Steal

The other is

Steal
Last Target.

I keep another hotkey set up for Invoke Virtue Valor and use it to target things in snooped packs to set the last target on an item I like.

I might have to make one strictly for last target it's a pretty good idea, I do most my stealing on Chessy around Yew Gate though so I usually have time as I try to do a running grab when the stop to fire with an archer or are casting Rez on someone or looting a corpse...Note this is after setting an item on Last Target though....I've waited 30-45 minutes for the perfect opportunity to show up to steal and item.

saveuo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got an Tally the say Ice Slayer, is it any good never seen one before? Now i just got a ring called Ecru Citrine 1 str bonus 50% pots and 2 fcr. Any Good?

S

Sweeney

You'd have to check your shard for the current prices. Unless you're on Siege, I'd say they aren't worth a lot (comparatively).

S

Sweeney

It's now the week of 10-26 to 11-1. 4 weeks without an update to theft of the week. Changing it to Theft of the Month would only take 2 minutes of editing the title of the sticky and a brief memo in the post.

As much as I'd like to delete the pics from my attempted boat theft, I still say I have the best thefts of the week twice in a row!

PS: Rico take 2 minutes to edit the Theft of the Week, to make it Theft of the the Month. As the last 2 thefts with pics I say I win! due to a lack of other entries; besides I tried your boat-stealing method of GM calling. At least I got the GM to check whether the boat was still on the water or not (After 3 hours).