• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What few small changes would you like the dev to do? I SAID SMALL

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina I am tired of the pvp players who dictate what the majority of the players have to put up with..... ok
i have a solution If the Dev do remove ethys off list I will except that Tamers while in pvp mode Cant mount....
can you show me an example of this?

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. blessed bag (not the items inside) It will keep cursed and blessed items in the bag after death

2. Dye tub that makes robes see through. Not everyone wants to see the robes but wants the properties

3. Add more to the house friends list. I am out of space

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
example: Spine Male leather norm - exc books. Spine Female leather norm - exc books. Spine Studded norm - exc books. Spine Bone normal - exc & footwear Books. Keep only 10 each of the armor smalls being the larges a far and few. Most BOD hoarders have ten complete sets of each the armor smalls before the bribery system. Anything more then ten smalls kept with the large BOD drop rate for tailoring is just a meter of ones laziness.
Sure am glad you don't run UO and dictate how others should play thier game as they see fit.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
4. Make the Bod rewards list a weekly change of items, the bods rewards are getting old... now the cloth can stay as it has a use for making bods and some do use it for clothing.. but the vast majority of bods ..especialy the bone bods have nothing worth your time doing them for... Revamping the gift list could make a good deal of the bods more desireable.
Please do not do this, changing the rewards weekly are you kidding.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would this be a wise change to make from a PvP perspective, i.e., giving tamers using such a powerful pet in PvP the ability to also get away at mounted speed if attacked? Maybe it's pointless to worry about it, though, since gargoyles already can fly at mounted speed while using a greater dragon. Although maybe it could be argued that's just one of the racial bonuses for gargoyles and perhaps it shouldn't be extended to the other races by letting them use an ethereal mount with a 5-slot pet. Also, since we don't know what other kinds of powerful 5-slot pets we might get in the future, perhaps it's premature to make this kind of a change until it's known how those 5-slot pets might affect the PvP scene. Some people have a very low disregard for PvP tamers and I'm not sure we really need to exacerbate the situation at this point and possibly drive away even more players to change something we've lived with already for almost 3.5 years.
So you must have forgotten when all our pets were NERFED all because of PvP and it carried over into PvM. This would couse no harm for anyone or make flying take a control slot.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok Lord Frodo up it to every other month This so New items and the old will still be gettable. or how about changing it to a choice instead of random... would that satisfy all?
Might be a better idea too as if you get a choice then the item you pick is a non complain thing....

Last edited:

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A blessed box or a bag we could have in our pack that would hold all our Rune Books, so upon death the Rune Books didn't scatter all over in our back packs making finding the correct book we ONCE knew where it was located now who knows where in the pack (color coding helps but still a pain) & re-finding things like a small blessed item impossible because it's buried under 10 rune books.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure am glad you don't run UO and dictate how others should play thier game as they see fit.
Just the way I sort my BODs. EXAMPLE first word used is in pixels not stone. After retiring and playing 14+ hours a day four 4 years got close look at the drop rate. There is no reason to hold onto something like 53 spine leather 10 normal cap smalls with the drop rate of all the tailoring armor larges. Take in all the waste smalls in just spine and the amount of spine gathering it would take just to rotate the junk ones is massive. With the outdated BOD rewards and not even a hint of an update most rewards are best for turn-in points. Players have the ability to sort their BODs with what is in the game already. So just limit dev time to blanket pricing of BODs in a book is all that is needed. An updated rewards system would solve the problem of players squatting on piles of unsorted BOD books. I could care less how players wish to play their UO. When dev time is being used to combat hoarding and lazines, it is an issue.

Just make the BOD books auto spit out BOD sets when one is complete while adding BODs in backpack. Even that is a fail from keeping a container or vendor from becoming filled. Cloth only book doesn't need 27 15n floppy hats at the drop rate of that small's large. Just need a blanket pricing of BODs in the books and move on to making more thing stack. There is a whole new batch of items in the next pub alone that don't stack.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A blessed box or a bag we could have in our pack that would hold all our Rune Books, so upon death the Rune Books didn't scatter all over in our back packs making finding the correct book we ONCE knew where it was located now who knows where in the pack (color coding helps but still a pain) & re-finding things like a small blessed item impossible because it's buried under 10 rune books.

Like to see new type of runebooks with greater rune count holding and higher recall charge count.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok Lord Frodo up it to every other month This so New items and the old will still be gettable. or how about changing it to a choice instead of random... would that satisfy all?
Might be a better idea too as if you get a choice then the item you pick is a non complain thing....
And what would you change them to? Right now the only things that crafters get is PoF, Runics and Clothing Bless Deed. So if you start changing these around then crafters will have nothing to sell. NO TY You wanna change the other stuff fine but do not ruin crafting any more than it already is.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just the way I sort my BODs. EXAMPLE first word used is in pixels not stone. After retiring and playing 14+ hours a day four 4 years got close look at the drop rate. There is no reason to hold onto something like 53 spine leather 10 normal cap smalls with the drop rate of all the tailoring armor larges. Take in all the waste smalls in just spine and the amount of spine gathering it would take just to rotate the junk ones is massive. With the outdated BOD rewards and not even a hint of an update most rewards are best for turn-in points. Players have the ability to sort their BODs with what is in the game already. So just limit dev time to blanket pricing of BODs in a book is all that is needed. An updated rewards system would solve the problem of players squatting on piles of unsorted BOD books. I could care less how players wish to play their UO. When dev time is being used to combat hoarding and lazines, it is an issue.

Just make the BOD books auto spit out BOD sets when one is complete while adding BODs in backpack. Even that is a fail from keeping a container or vendor from becoming filled. Cloth only book doesn't need 27 15n floppy hats at the drop rate of that small's large. Just need a blanket pricing of BODs in the books and move on to making more thing stack. There is a whole new batch of items in the next pub alone that don't stack.
And that is fine, you do how ever you want to do BODs and stop trying to make it out that you are better than the rest of the players by stating this
Anything more then ten smalls kept with the large BOD drop rate for tailoring is just a meter of ones laziness.
I have been doing BODs from day one and I know others with larger collections than mine and if that is what we wish to do then who are you to say we are just lazy. Sorry not everyone plays UO the way you do.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How About a Blessed reagent bag ? (could open up for some intresting templates if you didnt need the annoying LRC, and not to forget a gold sink)

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How About a Blessed reagent bag ? (could open up for some intresting templates if you didnt need the annoying LRC, and not to forget a gold sink)
Am I the only player left that still carries reagents in a bag? I can see the need for LRC in pvp but in pvm I just feel it's a waste of an imbuing slot.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
* wishes there was an option to make "robes" transparent, or invisible to others outside of maybe having an icon for it or something in the paperdoll, so you could see they were indeed wearing a robe, but there would be a little bit more visual customization.
Where are the people posting pictures of easy buttons or saying that this idea "disgusts" them?

*chuckles*

-Galen's player

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And that is fine, you do how ever you want to do BODs and stop trying to make it out that you are better than the rest of the players by stating this I have been doing BODs from day one and I know others with larger collections than mine and if that is what we wish to do then who are you to say we are just lazy. Sorry not everyone plays UO the way you do.
I could care less how players wish to play their UO. When dev time is being used to combat hoarding and lazines, it is an issue. An answer clipped for your targeted clip.
Fine lazy is a strong word. Disorganized. I also been at it from day one and claim / fill BODs everyday. Friends from the start realized the monumental task of maintaining a sorting system for them. And without BOD books and EC grid BOD sorting was no small task. Here is cure to wasting dev time for BOD sorting issues. Current game mechanics and setting overflow BOD count based on game time spent at BODing is all that is needed. Asking for dev time to help your system might be a clue it is broke. There comes a time in every BOD collection when excess smalls need to be filled and excess larges need to be tossed or bribed. Having the largest BOD collection is just that, gathered BODs. Bulls nuts on a field mouse factor.

Vendor holding saves house locks. If BOD books worked while locked down like the trans book. Vendor holding would vannish without needing many low count filled books that can be held in backpack without being naked. BOD easy button (right click like quiver refill option) and book spits large w/smalls collected sets in your backpack. If having less books around is not a house locks issue, see next.

Group BOD types in their own book. Why have 6 books just labled "dull ingot BODS" Every IDOC with BOD books had no system of sorting through books I've seen. When players can have 6 books sorting by armor type and norm from exc. Example: you pick up the "Dull Chain Exc" book and look at the 15 request ones only. See there are 22 larges, 15 legging and 3 tunics. History tells me I can toss 15 of the larges. RNG will return 5 those larges before 3 coif come up. We also now what the RNG and bribery will do to a 15x iron coif.

I think most player aggravation with the game stems from not admitting one doesn't have enough time to do all they want to accomplish.

Last edited:

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My suggestion is for the producers, not the developers. Get EA/Mythic to include a one month free coupon / pass to UO with purchase of any new EA game (within the first 3 months of its release). For example, I would receive the coupon for purchasing the new Sim City. Coupons could be redeemed for 1 free month of UO on a new account subscription or account reactivated after being closed for a minimum of the last 15 days. Each EA/Mythic master account may redeem up to one coupon annually.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if I show an example of the outcome of the tool deed's I am thinking of is as follows:

150 Shovals = add 10 to a deed and get 1500 uses item 15 to a deed = 3000 20 to a deed = 4000 use item

200 Shovals = Add a 10, 15 & 20 deed converter as above

Prospector Tools = 10 count in and get a 500 use tool out

Sewing kits = a # count could be done I think say add in 50 sewing kits and get a 500 use super kit out

Tinker tools = same as sewing kits

Mortar and pestle = Same

I can see this system used for most major used tools it would promote use of skills and end alot of clutter

Scribes could make the deeds like the scroll binders... It can cover Fletchers, Smiths, Tailors, Tinkers, Carpenters, Miners..... heck just about all skills which need tons of tools..

The saved storage is well worth the look into this and might just be alot easer then stacking them....
Just think you can take a few chests of badly needed space and turn it into a well used system

Your Trusted Pixel artist can be of great use in making new gifts from the bods... oh and I think a bod system for the rest of the crafts is way over due... think of the ways players will train new and old moth eaten crafters back to use.....

Just thought of somethig we do need and might liven up hunting and spur on gardening ... a Rare Seed from some random critter/monster... it could be as silly as killing and looting a bunny to Navery.... Add in chance to grow a 10 fruit/no seed Tribal Berry tree. Becomes a fruited deco after you pick the fruit... Players will have to look in each kill for this seed and it will not be on same kind of critter so farming will be moot.

Take how the Bag of Sending works. Can be charged up. Recharged. And then gets burned out and wont recharge and requires a replacement. New Holding Tools with the BoS lifecycle would work better then some simple combining method. Also Holding Tools will be more interesting if they are cursed.

Add new Holding tools to the BOD reward list and as quest rewards for other crafting that have not had a BOD system added yet. The elf city non runic questers need a continued use after getting the recipes. Runic quest givers just need new a quest for holding tools where the better the wood use the more the RNG bends your way. Theese holding tools can absorb like tools charges up to a certain cap. After a while they will need to be replaced making a loop of activity or market or fresh trap to nail scripters. Having holding tools crafted instead of a reward would only work if they are made by limited charge holding tool tinker kit. Gotten from the revamped Doom drop list.

Last edited:

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Consumable item that turns an artifact robe into a fancy dresses, or just a good artifact with conjurer garb-like stats that has fancy dress appearance.
I would even go beyond this and say that they need to find a way to make artifact robes able to change into certain specific types of clothing. Maybe a full dress, kilt, tunic, etc. etc.
I miss the old days when you could customize what you were wearing more. It's a bit boring seeing every person in some form of armor, a robe, and most likely a shield.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sand / Beach floor tiles for house customizing.
Add water and dirt tiles, to that request. And make is so we can customize the stairs in pieces to save the trouble with breaking them up with teleporter tiles.

As for my "small" requests...get rid of the "useless" skills by combining them together (this would also lessen the chance of pulling SoTs and Alacrity scrolls for those useless skills)

e.g.

1) Get rid of the Taste ID and Camping skills and make them bonus abilities for anyone who has over 125 cumulative points in Alchemy and Cooking or just make it an ability that goes with Cooking.
2) Combine Tracking, Detect Hidden and Forensics into a new skill called "Detective" with the different abilities becoming available as you raise your skill. (e.g. Forensic skills to 35, Tracking at 50, Detecting Hidden at 75).
3) Combine Lockpicking and Remove Trap.
4) Bring Herding into the Taming Family by allowing the skill to enhance that template (i.e. improved pack behavior (i.e. increased Damage, HCI etc) to make those animals a legitimate option for tamers instead of just GDs, or increase the rate at which animals gain skill, etc etc - okay this would be a big request)
5) Combine Snooping and Begging (i.e. you can snoop a citizen to see if they have any gold, then when you beg they can't claim to have nothing on them - heh)
6) Item ID - gives a bonus to the odds of enhancing and imbuing an item. Or make it so that Item ID gets more gold when you sell to NPCs since you know the true value of the items...or lowers the cost of bribing BODs...or improves the chance of making an item exceptional...or unlocks properties currently unavailiable to imbuers - then change the name of the skill to reflect the change.

And now for a truly small request no one else would care about...make it so we can turn off the sound effects on the mistletoe! I love having them as a year round deco, but it's embarassing when guests come over :oops:

oh yeah, and make it so that you can select what type of food you can summon with magic...kinda silly, we can summon a daemon, but takes us 10 tries to summon the right food - but please don't waste too much time on this request.

Last edited:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BOD book upgrades.

BOD addition and removal while locked down. Security settings - yes plz. Lock down only option akin to the rune drop from rune books. A select material, count and type of BOD can spit out of the book at GO button.

BOD blanket pricing. Any empty BOD in a book with a price on it when placed on a vendor auto prices all the other same empty BODs. Want to keep 5 of those 15x horned leather shorts for your own use? Simply add at least one pair of shorts to the 5 BODs you don't want priced. The auto pricing only works on empty BODs. This will allow players to maintain a count of a BOD for their own use on a vendor while being able to easily get excess BODs to other players that can use them. As a safety measure BOD books with even one BOD in it should always "no sale" when placed on a vendor. Any BODs filled to any level will need to be priced one at a time like it is now.

Add the BOD book dye tub as on those moonstone type rares to the BOD reward list.

Add when a BOD is dropped in a book and the window pops up auto displays BODs of that material, count and type. Only cloth larges will be left out in the cold due to the footwear. And players that thinks everything that is horn leather or dull copper should all be tossed in the same book will still have a mess to page through.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frodo sweety ...
Thats all there is ... pof, scrolls, runics, and the c bless deed....
On the Tailoring side.... there is room for change...
The cloth is well used and still has some use beyond filling more bods.
The sandals are good but we have a glut of them.... a change of perhaps adding stats to them? or movement speed... just an idea
Scrolls are ok still ......
The small and medium hides??? OMG time to go! lets see some other usefull item here...
Now I will say the wall hangings and rugs I still get and use and do sell but .... how about a change in styles and types ..there are more then bear skins used as rugs... zebra's, lions, Tigers, etc get creative...
The Bless is ok as well as the runics but perhaps add in a chance for a super runic with double charges... something to boost the want to do the bods is what I am after.
Bone Bods are tossed away as the players have evaluated them to the point they have no value to do... perhaps change the gift lvl on them... make them usefull and it will promote bone hunting ..a double gain in my book for the dev to do this one.
Smith bods......
While i use all my shovals and picks and the prospecting hammers .... alot of players have a glut of them so see my idea for a deed you can stack them in and make a good size hand full down to 1 unit to carry..
The gloves ...while the 1 and 3+ gloves are turn in prospects they are not a well used as the 5+ .... the change here might be one glove that allows you a # of charges to smelt 100% say 1 charge, 3 charge and a 5 charge... as well as keep the gloves in play for the +5 mining skill
Gar picks and PoF are still well used and worked for on a good basis .... as are the runics and anchients.... the scrolls as with the tailoring ones are fine... no change needed there..

I would like to see the deed for combining the tools not just for the space they would save not only in your pack but in lockdowns in your home.

Moderate changes noting spectacular Frodo ......

Last edited:

angshere

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I keep the leathers in normal and exc books of no more then ten of a BOD single type. Larges for tailoring are the only raree BOD drop so anything over 10 of a small BOD is just for rotation. Cloth larges different story. I only keep 2 each 20exc of the cloth BOD smalls and turn in the rest for maybe a rare leather large. 10 & 15 cloth large rewards are worthless and bribery makes them all 20. The leather excess go into their own books in a normal spine and horn container. Bone small extras get tossed. The excess containers get full 5x125 - the books. Anything more I just admit I don't have time to get to the ones in the box I don't need more. Most BOD collectors need a hoarder intervention. For mine we can gather at an 18x18 dedicated to BODs and a dozen battle chicken lizards coops. Not fed or cleaned the coops in few years so don't mind the smell.

The butt burn is being a vet player and starting a new account and knowing that accounts restrictions for skill cap and vet reward use. The newb account hates it when the 15 year account sings "Neener Neener Neeeeeener"

Two things way overdue.

Dull Copper eli having 25 ore like other rare ores. And Goyl pick spawning Dulls.

New one slot tames for pack hunting. Doubt stop using my prepub 16 frenzy ........... memories. Just like an option besides hellcat and hounds. Something not on the elemental fire damage side.
Have 9 yrs worth of undone BOD's

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Have 9 yrs worth of undone BOD's
I quit doing or collecting bods soon after I figured it would take longer than my UO lifetime to collect anything worth keeping or I'd have to invest 95% of my UO time in doing them.

angshere

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I would like to see, maybe as a low level vet reward, a small portable container (blessed or not) that can be carried on your person and used as a trash can and adds the points to your cleanup point balance.
I would also like to see "Slim the Fence" in the exodus dungeon area to trade unwanted exodus keys for the ones you need. Great Lakes

angshere

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I quit doing or collecting bods soon after I figured it would take longer than my UO lifetime to collect anything worth keeping or I'd have to invest 95% of my UO time in doing them.
Ya, last time I got them out to try to do some I had a panic attack when I tried to sort thru them. :gee: Great Lakes

Last edited:

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A switch to turn of the tillerman's inane stories. At first they were cute, Now i find them annoying and the text limits seeing things while fishing.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately, its a bug that causes me the most daily aggravation. Please, Please fix the healthbars so they update. I would also like to be able to mark treasure map locations on the world map like you can with sos messages. (assuming everyone can do this. I use Pinco's and lose track of what is mod related and out of the box related).

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's my small request: Let us be able to drop items on a pack animal's health/status bar so it drops into the animal's backpack. Or be able to drop food items onto a pet's health/status bar to feed it. We used to be able to do this with the old Third Dawn client and it is one of the things about that old client that I still miss.

Another small request that goes back to the old Third Dawn client: You used to be able to click somewhere near the top of the backpack and be able to pull up a list that showed you the quantities of all stackable items that were in your backpack. I know most people don't carry reagents anymore, but on all my characters that have the potential to pick up the small gems, I keep at least two of every gem in the same section of the backpack so they always end up in that area when I drop more on the character's backpack. Then I periodically clean out the extras. Sometimes I do the same with reagents if I'm hunting something that consistently drop more than 5 or so of any one reagent. It would be nice to be able to pull out a list again of the stackable items like the gems instead of having to mouse over the piles to see if any need to be taken out. (I don't use UO Assist.) I think you also used to be able to get this kind of a list on other containers when using the Third Dawn client, but I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly. I can't remember if I could look at a box/bag in the house or bankbox that held stackable stuff and just pull out the list to the side and see how many of each item was there, or if that feature only applied to backpacks. Anyway, I miss it. But not nearly as much as being able to drop items or food on pet health/status bars!

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BOD book upgrades.

BOD addition and removal while locked down. Security settings - yes plz. Lock down only option akin to the rune drop from rune books. A select material, count and type of BOD can spit out of the book at GO button.

BOD blanket pricing. Any empty BOD in a book with a price on it when placed on a vendor auto prices all the other same empty BODs.
Easier ways of doing the above suggestions:

1. Have BOD books accessible in the same way as SoT books (locked down, bod drops in pack when pulled), but with the main page (Where the groups are) being for each category of large (separate pages for smith, tailor leather, and tailor cloth), based on the books' current filters for material type. Sub-pages will be for specific sets.
Example:
  • First page, choose from Smith Weapon, Smith armor, Smith Helmet/FPA, Smith Shield, Tailor Cloth, Tailor Leather. Selection takes you to second page - let's use tailor leather as the example.
  • This second page has Filters on both sides. The Left has one filter set up for leather, spined, horned or barbed, and a second one for 10, 15 or 20. Both MUST be selected. On the right side has footwear, studded, bone, female, male as the 5 choices. At this step, assume you pick horned, 15-count and male.
  • The third page is set up similar to the pages for the SoT books. On the left side, you have H15 Normal Cap, H15 Normal Gloves, H15 Normal Gorget, H15 Normal Sleeves, H15 Normal Leggings, H15 Normal Tunic, H15 normal Male LBOD. On the Right side are the exceptionals. Each one that is present in the book will show up with their blue stone lit. Claim BODs from the book by clicking the stones, first in, first out (so you may have to pull several BODs and return a few to the book to find the one that's already been filled, in a book with a bunch of empties).
You can see how the system would work for the other sub-types, as well.

2. BOD Book Blanket pricing. This will sound more complex than it actually is.
  • Add an additional context menu to the books, when clicking on them (like you would to change names, or internally).
  • Choose Tailor or Smith
  • Once inside the skill-specific menu, it will have the following options: "Price as single" or "price by LBOD value". The first will price all smalls based on the point value if turned in small (ignores the LBOD value for the smalls). The second option will cross-check the BOD type ID to see what the additional points for its large would be. Of course, in either case, LBODs would be priced as the latter. There will also be check marks for "price only empty BODs" and "price only unpriced BODs"
  • Below this numbers, you will have the point values of each Reward step, with a corresponding Box for your bulk pricing. You put in the prices only for those point categories you want to price.
  • For example, there are 24 reward steps in the Blacksmith BOD system. http://stratics.com/community/threads/smith-faq-updated-21-august-2008.62865/#post-789859
  • In this list, 450-475 points (the 6th tier) is the 90% Chance of POF, 10% chance of mining gloves.
  • So, if you marked "price as small", putting 50,000 into the box by "450-475" (or could be written 450-499) would price all your DC Ex 20, Shadow Ex 10 & Ex 15, Gold Normal 20, and Agapite Normal 10 & Normal 15 smalls not already priced, to 50,000 gold. It would also price all the LBODs that work out to 450-475 points as 50,000 (the smalls would have their own prices, substantially lower - only an ass prices each of the 5 parts of a Ringmail LBOD (large & 4 smalls) where the large is required for the POF, at the price of a POF - and I've had the misfortune of shopping at a lot of donkey farms)
  • The "Price as Large" option is more useful for pricing for the LBOD-only top-end hammers (Gold and higher), as Bronze Hammers and PS up to 115 can be gotten from smalls. So, what you feel is a fair fraction of the reward value in, with that option, into the reward's slot, and all the smalls AND the large will get that price, across all possible LBODs. While some might be a little low (a Chain LBOD compared to a lower-metal Plate LBOD with the same reward), you can always go in and adjust prices manually, or just price somewhere in the middle (to factor in what the poor guy filling it's gonna have to pay in ingots - give a fellow crafter a break), like pricing the chain & plate LBODs as if they had the same number of parts as ringmail - or, just sort your books to where chain, ring and plate are in separate books.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the Locked down part. Spitting out complete sets from the books as a wish. If the the book has a way to tell a bone BOD from a studded BOD OR a chain BOD from a plate BOD. Why even put in a display option for the different armor types? Why not just spit out any complete sets as an option if the book has the ability to tell the difference? When collecting loads of BODs. Figured out long ago there is no need ever for smith and tailor BODs to be in the same book. And if you want to be able to put a book in your pack to remove bunch of BODs. That each armor type gets their own book and the norm to exc of an armor type are in their own book. To those that think I am forcing my game play and will on others. It just boiled down to common sense using a few more books to sort by types. Without type sorting or complete set spitting, being able to lock down a BOD book and add/remove BODs will be useless. Be a bunch of naked crafters with just a handfull of tools in pack w/rune&spell book just to pick up a BOD book and pull a few BODs. Worse so to return from a BOD run with your 6 new BODs and pick up that spine only BOD book with 400+ BODs to add one more.

And the vendor is limited also on how much they can hold. Just a fancy container you can dress in a set of spine female leather armor to hold your norm and exc BOD books of that armor type.

On the pricing of BODs based on the BODs reward grade as a blanket pricing I quickly dropped the ideal. When it comes to simple upgrades in the game I like to think about the Code Mages. If ever there are revamps of the BOD reward list. Then the BOD books would also have to be updated. Extra work. Don't want to discourage any chance for a reward revamp ever happening. Domino effect. Why the armor,weapons and skill compounded by PVP vs PVM is so hairy. And the PVPet tattered rope bridge. Multiple domino paths that criss cross each other many times.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
More spells for Paladins. Dev's could borrow some spells from D&D. Two spells I'd like to see are both AoE. Mass Heal,and also Mass Greater Heal.Also I'd like to see a buff spell or two when it comes to combat. AoE DCI/HCI: if you are within three tiles of the paladin that cast the spell your DCI or HCI is raised based on the paladins weapon skill/parry skill and chivalry.Duration is determined by the Paladin's karma.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I would like to see the loot in the remodeled dungeons drop 100% elemental weapons as the only mod. I have been hunting in Shame and Covetous a couple of hours a night the last few weeks in,and I have yet to see even one 100% elemental weapon at all. Is it not on the loot tables in any of the remodeled dungeons? I have been hunting in vain for a 100% cold broad sword with no other mods as a base to create a dragon slayer.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see the loot in the remodeled dungeons drop 100% elemental weapons as the only mod. I have been hunting in Shame and Covetous a couple of hours a night the last few weeks in,and I have yet to see even one 100% elemental weapon at all. Is it not on the loot tables in any of the remodeled dungeons? I have been hunting in vain for a 100% cold broad sword with no other mods as a base to create a dragon slayer.
Not sure if this helps you or not. Here are screen shots of two elemental weapons my tamer got as loot in Shame some time in the last two weeks.

elemental weapons.jpg

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is another small change: Put more options on the context menus of tailor guildmasters and guildmistresses. Let us use them for more than just purchasing training in tailoring or opening their paperdoll. They don't give BODs. They don't accept bribes. They don't sell anything, nor do they buy anything.

They are semi-useless on most shards and completely useless on Siege and Mugen where you can't buy skill training from NPCs.
siege tailor guildmaster.jpg

Also, the blacksmith and tailor NPCs in the Royal City (Ter Mur) only buy, sell, and train. They don't hand out BODs or accept bribes. Perhaps business has picked up sufficiently for them that they might be talked into joining the blacksmith and tailor guilds?

One more thought here too would be that it might be interesting if the blacksmiths and tailors in Tokuno (and Ter Mur if they can be adjusted to hand out BODs) handed out BODs for items that were added with the Samurai Empire (or Stygian Abyss) expansion. Perhaps even extend that idea to Heartwood and station some elven smithing and tailoring NPCs in Heartwood and let them hand out BODs for items added with the Mondains Legacy expansion. (Edited to add: I thought I'd better double check on this because it's been a while since I visited there. I just confirmed that the metal and cloth weavers in Heartwood only do skill training in meditation and focus and, of course, give out quests. They don't sell, buy, or give BODs or train in their specialties.) That would probably be more than a "small" change however. But it might open up an opportunity to add some different BOD rewards associated with the BODs from those areas.

Last edited:

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Not sure if this helps you or not. Here are screen shots of two elemental weapons my tamer got as loot in Shame some time in the last two weeks.

View attachment 13039
Are you hunting with a lot of luck? I usually go in with about 700 luck on my suit. I get great items worth using,but I would like to see some items that have max intensity one mod items to imbue around.

Last edited:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is another adition Id like to see added...
A "Special Food" the would make older pets up to their newer replacements... like the WW and regular Dragons we have had for ages and mares. This would bring theWW up to the state of Elder WW that would be same stats and power of the GD. Make dragons into GD and convert nightmares to Dread mares...
Oh I know the selfish will scream UNFAIR cause they make millions to billions on these hard to get and often no longer available for tame. But in the long run the players that are left will have some fun with old friends.
Open back up the taming of Anchient Wyrms an add in the Shadow Wyrms ...

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you hunting with a lot of luck? I usually go in with about 700 luck on my suit. I get great items worth using,but I would like to see some items that have max intensity one mod items to imbue around.
175 luck. The tamer that got those is wearing a Sorcerer's suit, Robe of the Eclipse (95 luck), and Soles of Providence (80 luck) she got about 2 weeks ago from tossing a lucky coin in the fountain in the Underworld.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How deep into Shame did you have to go?
Second level. 175 luck, didn't use the luck statue. I kind of bounce all over that level, including across the water, depending on who else is there hunting.

Last edited:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You and me both!!!
Housekeeper is me I am afraid ..but then how else could I know where every tid bit is at? Well it was a nice dream...

Many here have good ideas keep it up.
Who knows that proof reader might see something they meaning the dev might like to snich.... hint DEV you can snich it all most of us would greatly like if you looked in on a god deal of it,

I would also like to see a Bod system for the other skills .... I am quit sure one of them has seen at one time or another piles of spyglasses all over bank grounds...

Tinker - this one would be easy to make the table for and gifts for them would be just as easy to plate up.

Carpenter - Same here ... the number required though for both should be much higher as the skills do produce much more then the others.

Scribe - think of all the spell books and such you could turn to bods higher up could require like spider slayers and so on....

Alchemy - now here is a dilly would take gold out of the game... kegs required filled with the set potion and stregth..... and the gifts fill my mind with all sorts of goodies

See there is alot the Dev could do and it would not be hard....

Last edited:

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please make it so my acquired by begging flowered headband is a flowered headband instead of looking like a bandana. But please don't make it look tacky like something an elf would wear.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about changing the scream on the cat statue to a purrrr that sound is irritating