• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What does Mystic Insight really do?

• Thread starter JohnAlexander
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

JohnAlexander

I just finished my Gargoyle Legendary Artificer/Inscribe Mage, her template is far from Min/Maxed but that is okay I never intended on her to be one of my core PvE toons, though she is quite enjoyable to play and her template is pretty nice for raising Loyalty with the Queen (plus I have to admit being able to simply recall to a Soulforge and Unravel all her junk loot is quite convenient).

120 Imbue
100 Item ID
100 Alchemy
100 Inscription
110 Magery (+10 Ring)
100 Eval Int
100 Meditation

Anyway, I was interested in taking advantage of her "Mystic Insight" racial ability but I was interested in if anyone actually knew what it does. Is is like the hidden +20 Humans get from JoaT?

I

imperterritus

I believe Gargoyle's start with an effective 30-level in both Mysticism and Throwing. It's like JoaT, though, in that you don't actually start improving in those skills until your real skill exceeds the racial level.

Does your ItemID skill help your imbuing any? I know it lets you see what things will unravel to, but I didn't think it did any more than that. If not, you might consider stoning the ItemID and become a GM Mystic. Get double benefit from both your Imbuing and EvalInt ...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe Gargoyle's start with an effective 30-level in both Mysticism and Throwing. It's like JoaT, though, in that you don't actually start improving in those skills until your real skill exceeds the racial level.

Does your ItemID skill help your imbuing any? I know it lets you see what things will unravel to, but I didn't think it did any more than that. If not, you might consider stoning the ItemID and become a GM Mystic. Get double benefit from both your Imbuing and EvalInt ...

I think the Garg Insight is only 30% to Mysticism (not Throwing), the caveat is only Gargoyles can use Throwing, while any race can make a Mystic (therefore humans have a 20% JOAT in Mysticism).

Item ID really serves no purpose other than to identify what an item will become when unraveled, and is not entirely accurate :/ so sort of a waste due to Unravel Bags which you can buy from the npcs by the public soulforge for like maybe 5k or something.

I

imperterritus

I think the Garg Insight is only 30% to Mysticism (not Throwing), the caveat is only Gargoyles can use Throwing, while any race can make a Mystic (therefore humans have a 20% JOAT in Mysticism).
GvP, you are correct that Mystic Insight only offers beginner skill to Mysticism. However, Gargoyles have another racial trait, called Deadly Aim

"All gargoyles are trained from childhood in the skill of throwing, giving them a basic competence with missile weapons."

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GvP, you are correct that Mystic Insight only offers beginner skill to Mysticism. However, Gargoyles have another racial trait, called Deadly Aim

"All gargoyles are trained from childhood in the skill of throwing, giving them a basic competence with missile weapons."

Ah ok :), sorry. Hm I wonder if that's 20 or 30 then.

J

JohnAlexander

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I have also noticed that Item ID tends to be inaccurate... it seems when they nerfed Unraveling to combat resource production that they neglected to go back and change the code for Item ID as well. Most of the time Items that I consider Unravel trash just go in Unravel bag but occasionally I am curious as to what something will turn into. It was very hard to raise and I liked the the Grandmaster Merchant title but now that I have 120 Imbue that does not really matter anymore. Item ID was already my first choice to go if I decided to raise Mage to 120 real, which I would really like to do for the Inscription bonus, but I can not afford a +20 scroll.

30% Free Mystic isn't really that bad... too bad they don't also get a bonus at GM, if you raise it past 30 your racial is just meaningless. That is what almost 75% chance to cast 1st and 2nd circle spells?

The spell Rising Colossus, are those summons controllable like Tamer pets or do they just do their own thing like EV's... I hate that I can't control my EV's (or if you can I have not figured out how). I am really new to using Mage as an offensive skill, usually I have just used it for utility and healing in the past.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The spell Rising Colossus, are those summons controllable like Tamer pets or do they just do their own thing like EV's... I hate that I can't control my EV's (or if you can I have not figured out how). I am really new to using Mage as an offensive skill, usually I have just used it for utility and healing in the past.
Rising Colossus is like an EV, except it takes 5 slots (neither can be controlled hehe). Therefore, if you aren't a Gargoyle, they are tough to use sometimes, being on foot. Gargs can cast them while in flight mode since flight doesn't take a slot.

Cool thing about Colossus is it has an armor ignore special, more life than an EV, and mysticism spells. Bad thing is the duration the Colossus will stay in the game is a lot shorter than that of an EV, so sometimes two EVs are better crowd control than a Colossus. A group of Mystics are really powerful though when they can chain Colossus on a boss.