• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What does 'Failed to find a path' when I try to Honor a monster mean

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Occasionally Honor works vs daemons, normally it says this.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Means you don't have a clear line of sight. Can include spells like e-field, likely items like bagball, candelabra, etc. I see it quite often when I do Lady Mel.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basically it means, no path for the monster can be calculated to reach one of the 8 adjacent tiles, which surround your character. Usually something is blocking it.
Not sure if LoS is the same. IMHO LoS can be maintained, but the path blocked. I.e. mob can't reach you, but you can still throw spells at it.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Means you don't have a clear line of sight. Can include spells like e-field, likely items like bagball, candelabra, etc. I see it quite often when I do Lady Mel.
O.k. There is a clear path with nothing in the way. I've stood under the daemon and tryed to Honor it, no go. Must be something kinky about the graphics.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It happens when flying monsters are in the air. Although it looks like they are standing in the air, they are kinda one level up. Normally happens when you face them the first time. Next respawning monster is down to bottom level. You can still honor those monsters. You just have to wait a bit so they walk down and dont hit them before and hope they dont bless themselves.

PaulCH

Journeyman
Key with the daemons and balrons is to target them as soon as they spawn. Annoying as hades.
Absolutely agree.

I've always thought that it happens because they're flying / hovering. Trick that I use with my mage is that I start by cursing the demon or dragon (happens with both for me) so it causes them to come after me then I honor them with last target. Also has the advantage of preventing them being too damaged to be honored if they start by blessing themselves.