• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What do you want from your shards new EM?

• Thread starter sapphirediablo11
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

sapphirediablo11

Heheh i had to make this, since the one that was catskills only was well... only Catskills.... this one is for every shard :D
Just two very simple questions with very simple to complex answers :D
What is your home shard?
What do you want to get from the EMs that will be Creating events on your shard???

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
just to come to taverns every now and then and hang out. do some party tricks. chug some ale.

P

peanutbutter

whatever stuff they have on their home shard. for free.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is your home shard?

Lake Superior

What do you want to get from the EMs that will be Creating events on your shard???

1. Events that are not facet/land specific. I want events that will range from Tokuno, Malas, Tram, Fel, and use unused or out of the ordinary areas.

2. I do not want my EM to create anything that can be duped.

3. I want my EM to be clean! Don't leave something hanging around, spawning, or blocking locations.

4. Make use of the town criers, Sherry the Mouse, or ingame announcements for events. Before we'd have to check if the lantern was lit in Brit Castle then wait forever. *Thinks of the night everyone gathered and it was a bug*

5. Hang out! Come to auctions, meetings, hunts, hang out at a tavern somewhere. We offer a wide variety of things to do on LS. Help the players get stuff more organized. *Thinks of the nightmares and stress of organizing city seasonal festivals*

6. Bring yer friends. GM's and Devs are always welcome to pop in. We like to see folks that run the game come play the game. *Fond memories of seeing GM's race at the Yew Race Track and a giant chess match in Nujelm*

Best wishes to those folks that get hired for the jobs! I look forward to meeting the new EM for Lake Superior.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do I wanna see on Atlantic?
Simply the best events they can come up with that are exciting for everyone involved!
I also hope, as said above, that they'll pop in from time to time just for a chat with players in a tavern, maybe some light role play as well. It's fun just having chats with the EMs, no event in particular going on, just chatting. Like we used to do with Nikademus and Tulkas. Both were good EM's!

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Fond memories of seeing GM's race at the Yew Race Track and a giant chess match in Nujelm*
That wasn't a chess match, that was a slaughter, and I was the meat.

Stellerex wtfpwnzored me in like 12 moves, bleh...

E

eccentricjules

2. I do not want my EM to create anything that can be duped.
Umm I like the concept but is that possible? Is anything dup proof? I'm ignorant, I don't even know how dup's are made but my understanding is that basically anything could be dup'd!

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LS.

To be more active and less annoying than Glamdring. Thinking things through fully is a plus.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umm I like the concept but is that possible? Is anything dup proof? I'm ignorant, I don't even know how dup's are made but my understanding is that basically anything could be dup'd!

Yeah good luck with that one. While they are at it players can also stop "making" runic tools by not doing the BOD system and farming artifacts, because you know, those can't be duped either.

S

Sunrise

Napa Valley The home of the mad. :D

Not to sound to greedy..But events at least once a month if thats possible..

Heck just simple events that are part of that shard history..and heck make NEW history with these events..every shard is different..every shard has its own history..lets make new history and new stories from our home shards..

Save up for the big ones..But if they had an very simple event once a week or heck once a month..Im sure more people would get excited about this game again..and start coming back...

Also as a reward..Ale..and lots of it... :D

:spider: <--thats for you :D

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too bad Octoberfest already passed. Would have been fun to see a massive brew drinking event. Tavern hopping and LOTS of drinking!

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sonoma

Just give us cool events with stories. Also, no artifacts or rares aside from maybe clothing. Bring back the whole PvM with purpose other than riches and godly items.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic

Events that have content and aren't just a race to kill stuff and get items. Examples of this can be seen on most of the Asian shards. They have awesome locations made by the EMs here, there, and everywhere. The locations are weaved into the events and then left up as a new part of the history of that shard. I have seen awesome docks with ponds and picnic areas, beautiful gardens with seating and paths to roam, and my favorite was a huge maze area with monster statues not in game locked down in strategic locations. I was told the last was some huge game that players were involved in and the huge multiscreen playing board was left there as a part of history. Most of these areas have gates to them from main towns and have markers and information about the event. On one shard, I even found shops that had been named as superior shops, given huge standards and benches outside of their houses and then a runebook library was erected at an event site with runes to the shops locked there by the EM. I thought that was very cool.

This kind of advancement of the history of the shard and interaction with its people is what I am looking for in an EM. Items are nice, but they are boring for 99% of the participants without more depth then kill this and hope you are one of the few lucky ones... O.K. the event is done, now leave...

Even if I didn't get one of the items, I would figure it time well spent if some killer new location or decoration of an existing location came from the events. Heck a few nice benches around WBB and a plant or two would make me smile forever more when I recalled in to do my banking.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic