• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What do you like about UO?

V

Velandra

What keeps you playing? How long have you played?

I'm finding it pretty boring unless I'm getting murdered nowadays.. (yes, GETTING murdered, I couldn't murder someone if I tried)

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm finding it pretty boring unless I'm getting murdered nowadays.. (yes, GETTING murdered, I couldn't murder someone if I tried)
I have been playing technically for 12 years, but have taken about 3 years off all-together...

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Played from 99-01; just started back last October.

My favorite aspect is template dynamism: I love trying new skills/toons. I think I like building/adjusting toons more than I like playing them, in fact. Very fun.

G

Gellor

Since late 98 with little one to two month breaks here and there(maybe 1 year total off time)

Syrus hit on one of my UO vices: making templates. Not sure why but I like tweaking templates and seeing what kind of screwed up ideas I can come up with:thumbsup:

I also like hanging around with the honest, honorable, and less drama involved people I've met in game. Sadly, those seem to be drying up fast.

Andsteel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

????
One of your alter egos is Oksana , right? She murdered me. Not that it matters but lets keep it truthful :)

V

Velandra

OMG?!?!

I killed you?

Wow... you must be terrible.. because really.. I get murdered like.. 93804083274 times a day. I don't even try anymore.. when I get the "XXX is attacking you message" I disarm and die quietly.. no need to waste arrows.. :p

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG?!?!

I killed you?

Wow... you must be terrible.. because really.. I get murdered like.. 93804083274 times a day. I don't even try anymore.. when I get the "XXX is attacking you message" I disarm and die quietly.. no need to waste arrows.. :p
That has got to be the saddest thing I have ever heard... Like really sad.

Not in a pathetic way but a puppy dog, old person way.

S

suprshadow

showing Zerg guilds that just because they have 12 people and we only got 3, Us 3 are still able to kill about 5-6.. and that zergs never truely win...

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
showing Zerg guilds that just because they have 12 people and we only got 3, Us 3 are still able to kill about 5-6.. and that zergs never truely win...
Unless they walk away with the spawn and scrolls... which happens a lot.

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats funny cause I thought u where showing us how to nerd rage in vent, then get booted from vent and disowned by the guild.

S

SUPRsalad

before you guys get this thread locked..

I don't know why i play uo.. I've played since i was like 15. (thats over a decade) on and off.. What keeps me coming back is a strange feeling the game only gives me when im NOT playing it. I love nostalgia. I love the feeling you have when you've had those dreams about flying all night and then you wake up. I love how an old episode of Thundercats makes me feel. I love playing with legos. I love gasoline-rainbows in the puddles. I love bike ride. Especially motor-bike ride. I love the way it smells when it rains. I love starbust, and orange julius. I love helping my nephews make toy guns, and then wtf powning them with my invis-bullets.
I love the smell of spent 12guage shells.

I love this game for these same reasons. I love the stupid trees. I love the stupid paperdoll. I love killing helpless miners and things. I love just walking around looking for things.. anythings.. I love all things that remind me of my youth.

Tom waits nailed it on the head:

When Im lyin in my bed at night
I dont wanna grow up
Nothin ever seems to turn out right
I dont wanna grow up
How do you move in a world of fog
Thats always changing things
Makes me wish that I could be a dog
When I see the price that you pay
I dont wanna grow up
I dont ever wanna be that way
I dont wanna grow up

Seems like folks turn into things
That theyd never want
The only thing to live for
Is today...
Im gonna put a hole in my tv set
I dont wanna grow up
Open up the medicine chest
And I dont wanna grow up
I dont wanna have to shout it out
I dont want my hair to fall out
I dont wanna be filled with doubt
I dont wanna be a good boy scout
I dont wanna have to learn to count
I dont wanna have the biggest amount
I dont wanna grow up

Well when I see my parents fight
I dont wanna grow up
They all go out and drinking all night
And I dont wanna grow up
Id rather stay here in my room
Nothin out there but sad and gloom
I dont wanna live in a big old tomb
On grand street

When I see the 5 oclock news
I dont wanna grow up
Comb their hair and shine their shoes
I dont wanna grow up
Stay around in my old hometown
I dont wanna put no money down
I dont wanna get me a big old loan
Work them fingers to the bone
I dont wanna float a broom
Fall in love and get married then boom
How the hell did I get here so soon
I dont wanna grow up

that should sum it up.. Thats why my wife has no problem with me playing.

edit: thats also why we left M to start supr.. They stripped us of our nostalgia, and they still don't get it. we pay our ****ing accts too... its our reality to **** with too.

M

mutau

Good redirect back to the OP. Lets keep it to the OP. Anything other than that, start a new thread before we go off on another tangent again. hmm?

B

Balian of Asgard

it is the idiots that keep me playing, its very gratifying to kill them repeatedly and RK them and RK them and make them fearful of every step they take in fel.

O

Ooguk [Cove]

I like... Decorating my house, Stocking my vendor, Collecting Rares, Looting dead people, And Doing Sanctuary. I also like long walks on the Beaches of Cove.

B

Balian of Asgard

This guy ^ cracks me up lol,

that was gay baron, walks on the beach, how sweet

BR, when I get back to UO, lets hook up bro, and kill some ****

S

SUPRsalad

lawls. good one baron. i love you. :thumbup:

edit.. funny thing was, i dont think he was trying to be funny..

S

SUPRsalad

i know, hes so trammy..
barons so cute i just wanna crush him like a kitten.. wait, what? no, dudes, i only did that once.. i mean.. wait..

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like... Decorating my house, Stocking my vendor, Collecting Rares, Looting dead people, And Doing Sanctuary. I also like long walks on the Beaches of Cove.
And somehow running in front of people to block them while you AI AI AI?

Hitting the "play" button takes skill eh Moron... I mean Baron?