• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What do we Europa players hope to see from our EMs?

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As we know, one hour every night our new EMs, EM Sarakan and EM Emile Layne, waits for us to come and see them at the Councellors Guild in NW Britain.

They want to get to know the community and hear what kind of events we hope for,time, rewards..everything. They cant reply on forums but they read everything they can find and hope we will post suggestions and lots of them.

Tonight it was a small crowd there , most RP people and leaders , but also Lord Paidric and some other people. The air was spammed with suggestions and normal RP speech so sometimes it was hard to catch everything. Also the furniture and decorations arrived during this hour so we moved around a bit and ended up outside.
The EMs took notes and hopefully they typed fast, but maybe it could be of help if we put our suggestions here, now that we know they read here without being able to comment.

Minerva Foxglove is somewhat shy and did not have that much to contribute with .. only when it came to rewards and people spammed they wanted no fancy rewards with properties or maybe no rewards etc.. she asked how it would be if the people of Europa could get a community reward , like some ugly corner of the realm redecorated.. (As this just was happening outside the building ..hedges and cherry trees and message board popped up while we stood there ).. as a reward for a good job.

First on Minervas wish list is a prettier Haven to welcome the new people. It has been improved but compared to old Haven it still needs some work. The ugly thing at the center ,,where you first arrive.. has benches you cant sit on , and no trees etc..
Others knew of other places that could do with some make ower..

Please fill in here all your hopes and ideas, realistic or not, they will plant seeds in other ppls heads too and hopefully give the EMs ideas to pick from when they know what their powers will be!

P

Paidric

I would have expected more people awaited something from our EMs :D
I'll post here if I ever get done with the post I started on the Haven Helpers website.. but I'd be glad to see what others have in mind for events!

I'm all in for a prettier Haven by the way... I really can't get used to that ugly stone thing which blocks new players when they arrive.
Though it might feel like being a bit of Harry Potter when you arrive between a lamppost and a staircase...

G

Goodoljoe

I think New Haven should be full of pretty flowers and the middle stone with the bugged benches(you cant sit on them) have to go.Buildings could use a liftover too it looks like a far west town.A small introductory dungeon would help..

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do we Europa players hope to see from our EMs?
I expect a kiss on each cheek, a slow massage and possibly some gentle combing of my delicate locks.

S'not too much to ask right...?

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few things came to mind but I bet loads more will come to mind once I’v posted.

1. No silly very late/early morning events please.

2. A notification system at least an hour in advance that everyone is aware of that an event is about to take place. (we know the old events were limited to a few nights a week, keeping to regular nights helps, perhaps a book explaining what warning systems in use placed in office would also help).

3. Events with a good story running throughout, (not just unrelated things happening each week).

4. If there is any drops for them to not be anything overpowered and for them to be relating to the story.

5. I prefer not to go to fel where its too easy to grief.

6. A report written up in the office each week so if we miss an events we can still keep up with it in game as well as getting the EM’s in game thoughts/views that he wants to pass on. (it is also incredible when an EM mentions characters in there journals, drops at events can be lost or sold, but to have your character mentioned in a permanent journal in game makes you a part of Europa history that will live on).

(I must admit I thought Elendrick did a very good job of EM and is a good place to start to look for ideas).

Lastly a good reporting system on stratics for every even please

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm right out of events, being in Australia until the beginning of February...
But...
A pretty New Haven with benches where the old folks can gather and chat and jump on newbies to help them would be lovely. I hate to complain since somebody clearly tried with the decor, but they did not get it quite right. A ring or two of benches in the town square, after the spirit of old Haven, with the odd bit of flower colour, small tree, and so on, would make it a nice place to hang out quietly.
But...
I do not think this is in the power of EMs.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All i want is a fair system this time ....wereby a little more notification is given prior to any new event taking place, just a simple post on the bulletin board at the hall maybe? the day before would be great for everyone or at least a few hours if not...

Hey a Big Welcome to our new EMs and lets have some fun and enjoy any new storylines events that come our way....

P

Paidric

I said to the EMs when I saw them than using the town criers 2-3 days in advance sounds like a plan to me...
And it will entice people to use the town criers more.

Also, I think they should use GMT or CET times... certainly not those american times...

K

Kiminality

All i want is a fair system this time ....wereby a little more notification is given prior to any new event taking place, just a simple post on the bulletin board at the hall maybe? the day before would be great for everyone or at least a few hours if not...
That's pretty much what the old system was, with the lantern in the throne room.

Although, Emile pointed out last night that there are plans for events to be run multiple times, at different times, to allow more people to attend.
Also, to spread the load a little, since too much attendance would effectively ruin the event, with the combined idiots, and lag.

T

Tak

Me too wants a fair "event warning" system. Its not fair if you have to sleep with a guild leader to get enough informations to participate.

Sure, too many people are a valid argument. But that must not mean that only a small group of "elite" players with good connections should have a chance to take part.

My DREAM: NON EM events to get the entrance key for special EM events. That could be a way to sort people with different interests or abbilities out, limit the ammount of people in a sportive way and could prevend that too many greedy "shardhoppers" blow things up. At least its more fair to say:"No Candle of Light? You cant enter." then to say "No guild, no connections? Hahah..whatch the lantern next two weeks, noob".

Nothing against random events too... :lick:

S

Sirus_Europa

What time of the evening are they around? Sorry if there's an obvious place I should be looking for this, but I can't seem to find it...

P

Paidric

No obvious place to find this :)

Britain Counselor Guild (near Blackthorne Castle) around 8 PM UK time or 21 CET.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A prettier haven would be nice. the old haven had nice seating areas by the bank.

i also agree that even as a rares collector i dont wish to see overpowered stuff. event related so its kind of a history.

and how about the occasional item just dropped in yer bag randomly or reward for people that get fully involved in long running events.
oh and a use for cloaks of corruption.

:)