• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mysticism] What do the spells actually do?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Healing Stone:
Creates a large red gem in your backpack with a stored amount of healing points. The amount of healing points depends on your Mysticism & Focus or Imbuing skill (300 points at 120 Mysticism/Focus or Imbuing). When used the Healing Stone will attempt to cure you or heal you for, initially, 39 health (at 120 Mysticism/Focus or Imbuing), if used again before recharging (takes 20 seconds) it heals for a lesser amount (for example if used immediately it heals for 3-4). Cure attempts and amount healed are subtracted from the points on the stone. The stone lasts until the points are used up, or it is dropped on the floor (stays through log out/in & server maintenance). The Healing Stone requires you to have a hand free, the same as potions. Attempts to Cure, may vary depending on the strength of the Poison, however a failed attempt on Deadly Poison used 20 of the stones healing points, and a successful attempt used 60. The amount healed is a direct subtraction from the stones points (if you heal for 39 it takes 39, if you heal for 10 it takes 10 etc).

Purge Magic:
Attempts to remove a beneficial ward (such as Bless/Protection/Str or Dex potions/Necro forms... but no longer Ninjitsu forms) from the target. The spell is a type of Curse, meaning success is determined by a comparison between the caster's Mysticism and Focus or Imbuing against the target's Resisting Spells. The skill level required to cast the ward also now plays a part in the success of the Purging calculation.
If there are no wards to Purge it places a curse on the target that increases their mana cost until the target damages something. When removed the target takes damage proportionate to how long the effect has been in place. The effect ends after 8 seconds and the damage type is Chaos (targets a random resist).

Enchant:
Adds up to 60 Hit Spell (Fireball, Harm, Magic Arrow, Lightning, Dispel) to a weapon. If Focus or Imbuing are over 80 it also adds Spell Channeling -1 Faster Casting to looted or crafted weapons, or just Spell Channel to artifacts weapons. It can not make a weapon -2 Faster Casting. At 120 Mysticism and 120 Focus or Imbuing the effect lasts 2 minutes or until the weapon is unequipped/reequipped.

Sleep:
Places a type of Curse on the target that, initially makes them lose target, however they can now attack again immediately with a swing speed penalty. They are forced to walk for the duration of Sleep and their Faster Casting and Faster Casting Recovery are reduced though they can still cast spells, the effect is broken on damage, and the duration of the effect is affected by the target's Resisting Spells skill. Hit and Defense chance are also reduced.

Stone Form:
As before but you are no longer forced to unmounted walk speed. (So you can move at unmounted run speed.)

Cleansing Winds:
Looks like you've already updated.

Spell Plague:
The target takes Chaos damage (targets a random resist) and is inflilcted with a Curse (affected by the target's Resist), when the target takes additional damage under the effect of the Curse they may take additonal Chaos damage up to 3 additional times. The inital chance to trigger the curse's explosion is 90% and reduced by 30% for each additional explosion. The curse ends after 3 explosions or 8 seconds which ever comes first. Spell Plague will stack with other Spell Plagues each inital damage triggering the previous one's curse effect. There is a 1 second gap between each curse effect explosion.

I hope this helps and feel free to use or edit any of this as required.

Edited: I had previous posted that EP affected Healing Stone, it appears this was wrong, I sent you a PM so you can alter the other page.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you!
Yes, I did 'cleansing winds', but then I got totally confused by the others. My brain kinda went 'ohh, mommy! help!!' and gave up. :D