• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Bards would REALLY need...

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
..is shorter reuse timer of the skills, if you provoke something you have to wait 11 or 12 seconds before you can use ANY skill again(even if you fail), wich is ....way too long!

(Id like to add that I like the new addition to bards in pub 66) *thumbs up*

L

Luke Carjacker

..is shorter reuse timer of the skills, if you provoke something you have to wait 11 or 12 seconds before you can use ANY skill again(even if you fail), wich is ....way too long!

(Id like to add that I like the new addition to bards in pub 66) *thumbs up*
Actually that's not entirely true. The cool down timer is shorter when you fail. Never timed it myself but it's around 1/2 the time of when you succeed. Still, I do believe that something along the lines of FC/FCR or SSI or playing speed based on dexterity or stamina would be an appropriate addition (personally I think it's most akin to FCR). Those types of mods have revolutionized the types of combat that mages, archers & warriors can engage in, while bards skills are stuck in the stone ages.

I would suggest maybe some type of FCR instrument that works as an exceptional item (non-slayer) that bards can carry around as a primary instrument. Make it repairable (like all other equipment) so it lasts for a while. Have it drop as a semi-rare arty (like the fey slayer bow which is definitely useful) or craftable with some type of rare ingredient. Like a dread flute, except useful as an exceptional item, with some FCR added in. How about the horn of the abyssal infernal maybe?

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its been a little while since I played my bard now but I do seem to remember that disco and peace timers are halfed or so when failing, but provocation does not. I might remember wrongly tho.. *shrugs*

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i still like my thread better, but to each his own on what bards need. hehe
seriously, even if we did get a lowered timer by either straight from the devs or by items.
the new abilities would require a complete overhaul on what to outfit a bard with equipment and overall template. all the above should be looked at before it even hits test center.
i would also like to state since i prolly havent in any posts prior.

i am truly thankful the powers of the game are considering something new for the bard skill, i just hope its something truly beneficial when all is said and done. ive waited this long i can wait a little longer for any ironing out or tweaks that will give the majority what they want