• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What are you favorite skills to pair up with taming?

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
have 2 soulstones... want to add to my tamer... thought necro... bard... mystic.... craft skills? tactics to be a bola tamer? any suggestions? Im open to ALL IDEAS.. thanks

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Animal lore and Veterinary :lick:

Unfortunately my main tamer is pure tamer, but i have always been told disco tamers are very good for hunting and that interested me :), Ive seen a fair few of them over the years and they seem to do well :)

Ive seen a few people try archer tamer as well, didn't hear much feedback from them though. Could potentially do alot of damage.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am a mage tamer....I am very stubborn in my old age and refuse to change her template. My friends, however....say that Disco is good....either spellweaving or mysticism or both if you can swing it....Disco is AWESOME, I am training it up on an alternate character and MIGHT use it on my other tamer...Maharia is human and won't ever change but my original tamer from Napa I actually transferrred over and turned her in to a Garg though I really REALLY don't like gargs....hate to be the thing that *Everyone else is* and will put disco and mystic or SW on her...I guess disco/WoD is a good combo but when Maharia goes out....if something happens to one of my pets....I do have Vet and am able to rez but what if I can't? Or what if I'm stuck in a situation where I can't or don't have time...I am not helpless without my pet....I can summon EV's (Depending on what pet I have out) most people would think that I am wasting points having Magery/Med/Eval on a tamer but I like it because I don't NEED a pet, I have a choice.

Just wish my Dragon Turtle could fly ;)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
provo? disco? peace?
I norm run a Peace Discord Tamer and in the process of training up Provo to swap around to see what I like best.
HRH Liz.jpg
As soon as I get a 120 Mage that will also be 120 for a total of 840 skill points.

Last edited:

archero

Visitor
I like to have flexibility depending on what I am doing. I run 120 Taming, Lore, Vet, and Magic. The other two skills I use are Med/weaving, med/eval, Music/peace, music/disco. I find myself using Med/weaving more than anything. Its nice to run the consume mastery with gift of renewal, firing off WOD.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For the investment in a few soulstones you can mix and match for the current encounter.

My main guy has available:
120 mage
120 eval
120 resist
120 mystic
120 focus
120 necro
120 spirit speak
120 taming
120 lore
120 spellweaving
100 scribe
100 poisoning

I pick my skills for what I'm hunting, for example:

When I do shadowguard, I do the fountain as a necro mage with resist. Then swap to a tamer mage for the other rooms using a greater dragon. Then swap resist for spellweaving and my greater dragon for a Cu for the roof. With the SG teleporter it's pretty fast to recall home, swap skills and pop right back.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is a Cu better than a GD on the roof?
I usually go with 4 accounts...
2 tamers running mastery on greater dragons
1 tamer with a beetle/tiger
1 tamer with a cu

Cu is nice because it does cold damage on Anon when it's in earth form and cold is virtuebanes weakest resist.