• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What are we now?

• Thread starter imported_eggchick7
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_eggchick7

As someone in the game (who had it on higher authority) told me, we are not sims anymore we are avatars. Do I assume then there is now no such thing as Sims On Line, that the new revamping called EALand is comprised of Avators making it I guess Avatarring? So if we got a anniversary gift (simmie) it would be an avatarrer? I feel Ive lost my identity...and does this apply now to any Maxis game such as Sims 2 etc?? Im gonna dig myself a hole and bury myself can't cope anymore..:(

M

Monkeybear

Simmies arn't anniversary gifts they were gifts for founders they won't be handed out anymore except in the amnesty.

G

<blockquote><hr>

As someone in the game (who had it on higher authority) told me, we are not sims anymore we are avatars. Do I assume then there is now no such thing as Sims On Line, that the new revamping called EALand is comprised of Avators making it I guess Avatarring? So if we got a anniversary gift (simmie) it would be an avatarrer? I feel Ive lost my identity...and does this apply now to any Maxis game such as Sims 2 etc?? Im gonna dig myself a hole and bury myself can't cope anymore..:(

[/ QUOTE ]We aren't sims anymore... though i refuse to call us Avatars. This is one of the big ways for EA to get the game as far away from Maxis and The Sims brand. I am not sure how this affects the Sims 2 or even the upcoming Sims 3 but I know The Sims Online is no more. If you have logged into TC3 recently you will see the new splash screen. Nowhere will you see The Sims Online.

It's a tough thing to realize but The Sims Online is dead. EA Land is now the new game. Just wait for the official changing of Simoleans... lol

G

The offlines were not a flop. Nothing will change for offline.
TSO was a flop. A total revamping was necessary.

I

imported_eggchick7

So hey, the amnesty is about due sometime..doesnt answer my question tho..its like 'There are no such things as Sims' they wouldnt be called simmies. This is a my vent about feeling insecure not a 'dig' at the devs incase anyone is feeling protective.

M

Monkeybear

A sim isn't a simmie.. A simmie is a white statue with a ball on it.

I

imported_eggchick7

Why does the log in still say 'Now hosting the (dead) Sims Online'

M

Monkeybear

It dosn't for TC3
EAL just havn't received TC3s update yet

K

krazykara

I really don't care what any one else says as to 'what we are'. To me, when I am in the game, I am not an avatar, I am a 'Sim'. I refer to them as 'Sims' and will always be a 'Sim' to me.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

We could be like the artist Prince, excuse my blunder...."The artist formerly known as Prince."

We would be "The pixels formerly known as Sims"...also knows as....Pfkas....can anyone pronounce that?

I

imported_Qute Pi

This is exactly whats crossed my mind lately.
On a few occasions I've said "sim..." something or other then thought to myself, thats gonna sound real dumb with avatar in its place.

lol, can't think of my examples now tho...

I

imported_Danny Dots

i will always call the sims.. they look like sims dont they, lol. I also have a hard time not calling it TSO... its going to be a sad day when someone in the game asks me what TSO is, lol.

G

It's going to feel like the first time I got asked "What is an 8-track?" To me, once a sim always a sim.

S

Sativa L

I think that once the Simolean is renamed we should vote on a new name for Sim. The name voting contest "could" have been for both Simolean and Sim!

I starting to wonder if we are going to be orphans without a MOMI and DADI

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol what simoleans name contest? We were supposed to get to vote over a week ago...
Either they didn't like our suggestions, or there are too many to choose from...lol

OT: I was watching the popeye movie last night, you know their money is called simoleans? lol...I thought I misheard lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

lol what simoleans name contest? We were supposed to get to vote over a week ago...
Either they didn't like our suggestions, or there are too many to choose from...lol

OT: I was watching the popeye movie last night, you know their money is called simoleans? lol...I thought I misheard lol.

[/ QUOTE ]I think they are still trying to figure out what to call simoleans. To me? It will always be simoleans and Sims. Avatars just sounds so odd. Besides, I would like to think we are all creative people. I would think out of all the people who knew about the contest SOMEONE would have a good idea... lol

OT: I think you are right. I think it was simoleans in Popeye... lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

We could be like the artist Prince, excuse my blunder...."The artist formerly known as Prince."

[/ QUOTE ]

You were right the first time, he is now "The artist who can once again be referred to as Prince."

G

What are we now?

We're two inch pixelated wonders of fun with never ending pockets.

Polly

Disclaimer: size of <s>sim</s> avatar guestimated by Niki King. No responsibility or liablity accepted for any variances in height or size.

C

Carter'

<blockquote><hr>

Simmies arn't anniversary gifts they were gifts for founders they won't be handed out anymore except in the amnesty.

[/ QUOTE ] What is a simmie?

G

<blockquote><hr>

What are we now?

Polly

Disclaimer: size of &lt;s&gt;sim&lt;/s&gt; avatar guestimated by Niki King. No responsibility or liablity accepted for any variances in height or size.

[/ QUOTE ]

K

Krystal Bell

<blockquote><hr>

YAYYYYY a bit of moral support!! I am not alone

[/ QUOTE ]

No you're not alone. I dont care what EA wants, I will always refer to my sims as SIMS and will never call them avatars.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What are we now?

Polly

Disclaimer: size of &lt;s&gt;sim&lt;/s&gt; avatar guestimated by Niki King. No responsibility or liablity accepted for any variances in height or size.

[/ QUOTE ]Hey! Mine are only one and a quarter inches!!!

I think I'm having avatar envy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ] What is a simmie?

[/ QUOTE ]

A Simmie is an object given to original beta players at the launch of The Sims Online.

There is a picture of it in this game guide on the front page.

I

imported_Starrfoxx

The only time I mention "avatars" is when I make fun of the whole stupid thing on my radio show.

Otherwise, I call them "sims" and this game is TSO to me.

Yeah, TSO was a flop, but they could have revived this game and still called it Sims Online if they really wanted to. I think Sims Online would be more popular then some silly name called EA Land.

G

Once a SIM always a SIM and The avatars are only wind benders. LOL.

A

Aelisa

I will not be an Avatar
I will not be one, not by far.

I will not be one on a lot,
I will not be one with the bots.

I will not be one playing chess,
I will not be one getting dressed.

I will not be one making jams,
I will not be one sending spam.

I will not be one Sam I am.

I will always make simoleans,
I will always be a TSO'lian.

I will not change in any way,
I will not conform at all I say.

I will not accept the suits' decree,
I will not even when I pee.

I won't give in, don't say I can
I won't, I won't, oh Sam I am.

*apologies to you-know-who*

G

Fantastic. Loved the rhyming.

Anyways, EA can call it whatever they want but I will always call it The Sims Online and I will always refer to us as Sims. The reasons are very well known as to why they need to change the name. Maxis sold this off in the effort to distance itself with the Sims brand. The offline games have been huge successes. TSO? Yeah, not so much in their eyes (In my eyes, it has been great). This is why the name of the game has changed. This is why we are no longer Sims but now avatars. Simoleans will no longer exsist but be called something else.

This is the cold hard truth... but they cannot make us call ourselves Avatars. Rise up again the man and call yourself a Sim!

lol...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What are we now?

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

*snort*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why does the log in still say 'Now hosting the (dead) Sims Online'

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

It dosn't for TC3 EAL just havn't received TC3s update yet

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you log into TC3-test it doesn't but when I log into TC3 every day since that is the city I've been playing in primarily, it still does. I'll try to log into TC3-test and see if it doesn't to find out if that is where this statement came from.

But yeah, they need to take that out of there....it only serves to confuse people when you talk in game about how this new game is separate from what we knew as TSO, and I think it hinders the adjustment process we all are having to go through getting used to the new way things are done.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What are we now?

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

*snort*

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, Now....it's not the size of the pixel that counts...it's knowing how to play with it that counts.....

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What are we now?

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

*snort*

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, Now....it's not the size of the pixel that counts...it's knowing how to play with it that counts.....

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way I can add to this line of pun without going from dancing on the RoC cliff to falling straight over it.

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What are we now?

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

*snort*

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL