• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What about Test Center???

• Thread starter Caesar Weezer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Caesar Weezer

So about 10 minutes ago, while remodelling my lot in Test Center, I got a message from Parizad advertising Pizza Payouts in EALand will go up considerably.

This kinda stirred me a bit.

What does this game have in store for the people who aren't in EA Land?! I understand the point of Test Center is to have it for testing new features only. But what about the dedicated people in Test Center, patiently waiting out the Bug storm in EA Land??? We have to put up with the low payouts at work and everywhere else, why is it that only EA Land gets the increased payouts?

Seems it's EA's plot to get us over into EA Land, and get new subscribers.

This opens up a new can of worms for me, because I've been a paying player for a while now, and refuse to move to EA Land until it's out of Beta.

G

well, makes sense now why all our money has been disappearing to. They are also paying 3 times the amount in the jobs for the next 3 hours. What about the TC3 players? For the past couple of days our money has been going poof everytime we work or go to a money house. How about some incentive for those who have been loosing out?

G

How do you know that this is not exactly that? An "incentive"?

Seems like the extra money on various things, are a nice compensation.....without the extra manhours, time and confusion of trying to individually identify everyone with money bugs.

Just saying....

G

dont get me wrong this is a really nice incentive for those that are in EA-LAnd but TC3 has been loosing money.

G

An incentive for what? To go to EA Land and make a new sim, skill up, start ALL OVER AGAIN?

Some of us don't want to do that. I spent enough time skilling the Sim I have in TC3. Why can't we get any incentives? We pay our monthly fees just like the EA Land folks do.

G

Test centers tend to be second class citizens in any game. Just goes with the territory.

C

Caesar Weezer

<blockquote><hr>

How do you know that this is not exactly that? An "incentive"?

Seems like the extra money on various things, are a nice compensation.....without the extra manhours, time and confusion of trying to individually identify everyone with money bugs.

Just saying....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well than that's stupid, unfair, and ridiculously pathetic from a gamers point of view. "Bribing" players to go to EA Land....how could they stoop so low.

*smacks self*

Oh wait...it's EA, I almost forgot.

G

I am a gamer, and this is not stupid or low to me....TC3 is not my only sim.....and it should not be anyones.

I know everyone loves to hate on EA, but it isn't any different with the other games I play, which are not run by EA.

P

PB Three

If I had thought that (although it might be right), I might've quit long before now. Seeing that I've been almost a 100% TC person since Jan '03.

TC is my TSO heart &amp; soul's home; EA Land is more-or-less my sim-physical home now.

I will never forget... the glorious city that TC1 was.
We will never forget... the glorious city that TC1 was.

P.S. I realise I like to talk TC with any excuse I can get; but the above states why.

PB Three

C

Caesar Weezer

<blockquote><hr>

I am a gamer, and this is not stupid or low to me....TC3 is not my only sim.....and it should not be anyones.

I know everyone loves to hate on EA, but it isn't any different with the other games I play, which are not run by EA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then why dont they close off the city unless something needs to be tested.

Then maybe, just maybe...I'll consider going there.

G

First of all at the very beginning everyone was told that it was in fact a "test city" subject to wipes, rollbcks and all sorts of things that regular cities may not see. It is generally understood that would not be the best city to make your permanent sims/homes in. Just because people dont want to change now they cant say they havent been told.

TC3 is the testing grounds if you want the incentives and fun stuuf then i suggest moving to the designated cities thatrecieve those goods, not the test cities that told us not to make our permanent sims.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

Just consider yourself lucky that your city is still there. Really. It's spilled milk compared to other problems. You can't even get into Betaville as of lately...which is a permanent city. But we're complaining about Test Center...which was never a permanent city...

o_O

Test Center has it's own forum I believe, btw

<blockquote><hr>

Seems it's EA's plot to get us over into EA Land, and get new subscribers[./quote]
All part of being a company looking for profit

G

I enjoyed the payouts for pizza but next time make it 1 hour of 3X payout for pizza and not 15 mins because people had a hard time greening!

Keep the payouts coming tonight! We need them!

C

Caesar Weezer

<blockquote><hr>

First of all at the very beginning everyone was told that it was in fact a "test city" subject to wipes, rollbcks and all sorts of things that regular cities may not see. It is generally understood that would not be the best city to make your permanent sims/homes in. Just because people dont want to change now they cant say they havent been told.

TC3 is the testing grounds if you want the incentives and fun stuuf then i suggest moving to the designated cities thatrecieve those goods, not the test cities that told us not to make our permanent sims.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was to my understanding that what you just mentioned, about not making it your permanent home etc was back when the city was new. Before the TC and TC3 mergers...thats why they didn't advise moving your sims from BF or AV there.

But what about those people who were forced to move there when TC1 merged with TC3?

I didn't go to EA Land simply because it's still in Beta...meaning BUGS! But all of the sudden TC3 is getting hit with the bugs...and nothing is being done about it. EALanders are being rewarded with increased payouts, while the loyal TC3 people get nothing.

It's just like what was said ealier, we're getting tosses aside like yesterday's lunch meat. No one gives a crap about us.

I

imported_Lady_D

Test Center has it's own forum I believe, btw

<blockquote><hr>

Seems it's EA's plot to get us over into EA Land, and get new subscribers[./quote]
All part of being a company looking for profit

[/ QUOTE ]

I beleive city hall is for ALL users.. but thanks for putting us down.
Also, what will happen if there is no established city in tc3 and everyone runs off to ealand and leaves tc3 a ghost town (as it almost is now). Where &amp; with whom will you be testing if noone is home?

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

You're very welcome

I wasn't trying to put anyone down, I was just stating that "Test Center has it's own forum" and how EA wants a profit. I seriously do not see how getting a pop up message from Parizad in TSO is so bad - don't we WANT updates?

Ugh, I will just never understand...

C

Caesar Weezer

<blockquote><hr>

You're very welcome

I wasn't trying to put anyone down, I was just stating that "Test Center has it's own forum" and how EA wants a profit. I seriously do not see how getting a pop up message from Parizad in TSO is so bad - don't we WANT updates?

Ugh, I will just never understand...

[/ QUOTE ]

YES! I want my money issue fixed, thats all I want. If I can get that, I'll crawl back under my rock...but I don't see what giving money to people in EA Land does to help me, or anyone else.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It was to my understanding that what you just mentioned, about not making it your permanent home etc was back when the city was new. Before the TC and TC3 mergers...thats why they didn't advise moving your sims from BF or AV there.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

But what about those people who were forced to move there when TC1 merged with TC3?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> Well where were you at this time? They DID give ALL Test Center sims the option to move to ANY regular production city prior to being merged with TC3. NOBODY was forced to merge into TC3, they in fact had a choice of 10 cities to move to besides TC3. </font>

<blockquote><hr>

I didn't go to EA Land simply because it's still in Beta...meaning BUGS! But all of the sudden TC3 is getting hit with the bugs...and nothing is being done about it. EALanders are being rewarded with increased payouts, while the loyal TC3 people get nothing.

It's just like what was said ealier, we're getting tosses aside like yesterday's lunch meat. No one gives a crap about us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm if you think EA Land is beta then for that fact TC3 is ALPHA - Pre-beta and thats why you get bugs, worse bugs 1st. That you should understand and if you want less bugs then EA Land would be the better alternative.

The choice as they say is yours and if you choose not to move you can't blame others.

C

Caesar Weezer

<blockquote><hr>

Umm if you think EA Land is beta then for that fact TC3 is ALPHA - Pre-beta and thats why you get bugs, worse bugs 1st. That you should understand and if you want less bugs then EA Land would be the better alternative.

The choice as they say is yours and if you choose not to move you can't blame others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the timeline. TC3 was released in July? (I cant remember the exact date). EA Land was released in February?

Something there tells me, that maybe TC3 shouldn't have as many bugs. TC3 didn't use to be the way it is now. Somewhere along the lines it got bad (probably with the Trains...thats not the point). Sometime after the opening of EA Land? Am I shunning EA Land altogether? NO, I'm simply saying they shouldn't throw aside TC3 like no is there anymore, when in fact there are people still playing there.

I guess my point is....TC3 should still get the same incentives and rewards as EA Land, if not instead of.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

I thought this was about the first Test Center...
my bad. Totally dude o_O

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the timeline. TC3 was released in July? (I cant remember the exact date). EA Land was released in February?

Something there tells me, that maybe TC3 shouldn't have as many bugs. TC3 didn't use to be the way it is now. Somewhere along the lines it got bad (probably with the Trains...thats not the point). Sometime after the opening of EA Land? Am I shunning EA Land altogether? NO, I'm simply saying they shouldn't throw aside TC3 like no is there anymore, when in fact there are people still playing there.

I guess my point is....TC3 should still get the same incentives and rewards as EA Land, if not instead of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of TC3's being created first why can you NOT understand that ALL new builds (updates) of the game go into TC3 first. Therefore ANY bugs which there always is are in TC3 first and if they get fixed which most haven't then the build goes to EA Land after, in most cases. Although we do know most if not all the same bugs are in both cities.

Sorry but the test center was basically always shunned or got different things like when other cities got green free etc, TC3 is no different apparently. Again they told us at the start we were not required to delete/recreate and make sims there and/or merge there or just create there. That was our choice knowing that it would always be different there.

Now as for newbies having no choice but to create there (i think?) well yes that sux!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Something there tells me, that maybe TC3 shouldn't have as many bugs. TC3 didn't use to be the way it is now. Somewhere along the lines it got bad (probably with the Trains...thats not the point). Sometime after the opening of EA Land? Am I shunning EA Land altogether? NO, I'm simply saying they shouldn't throw aside TC3 like no is there anymore, when in fact there are people still playing there

I guess my point is....TC3 should still get the same incentives and rewards as EA Land, if not instead of. .

[/ QUOTE ]

TC3 is the test centre for EA-Land. New releases for EA-Land are tested in TC3 first. That is why TC3 is now buggy, its getting weekly updates, they're using it to test things in.

There are some fundamental differences between TC3 and EA-Land. No sim can ever move into or out of TC3. There will never be a cash-out option in TC3. Free players will have no limitations in TC3 and will be able to experience full game play, in EA-Land there will be restrictions on free play.

TC3 is a test city - the clue is in the name. If anyone chooses to make TC3 their main city, then so be it, but do so with full realisation that it is a test city and therefore subject to testing, bugs, instability, roll-backs and wipes.

Polly

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

omg...no limitations on free play in TC3?

*squeals of joy* xD

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All TC1 residents were given the opportunity to leave Test Center before it was merged to TC3.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Test centers tend to be second class citizens in any game. Just goes with the territory.

[/ QUOTE ]Perhaps. But at least the test citizens in most games can afford to feed themselves. Nobody has been getting paid in TC3 for a long time. Money earned at a job or on money objects goes away the moment the sim leaves the lot. In other words, THERE ARE NO FAUCETS IN TC3!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*puts on flame resistent suit*

Personally, I wish they'd give people a set amount of days/weeks to ensure that their TC3 sims were skilled up, and then close it in between times that there was nothing to test. It's been said for almost 3 years now that TC3 is a Test Center and should NOT be used as a primary residence....yet many people still dig their heels in and do it anyway, and I'd bet a good amount of simoleans that 80% of those sims would come here and scream bloody murder when a wipe takes place, even though we've been told since day 1 that the TC's can be wiped at any time. The only way I can think of that we are going to get players to use the TC's as they are intended is to close them when then there is no function for them, that is when there's nothing to TEST. Keep all the sims on database, but just make the city inaccessible......not talking about wiping anybody's sims, money, houses, none of that, just not letting them play there until there's something to do there.

*waits for attempts of murder by flames*

C

Caesar Weezer

Bah. Forgive my last post. I wasn't thinking clearly when I posted it, I'm sure most of you understand that frustration sometimes causes stupidity.

But something was mentioned that I need to verify on....

Theres lots of bugs. You said it was due to the testing and whatnot of a few different addons. Well I've been playing everyday for the last two weeks, and I haven't noticed anything. What exactly is being added???

G

When there aren't major bugs to be fixed, the team was making TC3 releases every week, so the idea of closing down TC3 in between updates makes no sense to me.

However, I would advise all TC3'ers to have a sim in EA-Land. It makes no sense NOT to. Unless you are stuck in TC3 because of a free trial account, you have a free slot to create on EA-Land regardless of production city sims. EA-Land will probably be seeing a lot more "Special Promotions" than TC3, purely because TC3 is just that, a TEST CENTER. EA-Land is the actual GAME. You might as well get a jump start...

I

imported_Gracie Nito

This week many tests and tuning was done with store discounts. I was in test center trying out the new graphics in the robot factories. Tuning is obviously still being done to money objects while they test weapons against botters. I doubt very seriously you will ever see what that weapon is unless you happen to get caught at it.

I almost always find something to test when I'm in Test Center.

G

<blockquote><hr>

When there aren't major bugs to be fixed, the team was making TC3 releases every week, so the idea of closing down TC3 in between updates makes no sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but there have been and probably will be for a while, major bugs to be fixed, and also I doubt the weekly updates to TC3 will keep up. If they do, then that's great keep it going cuz that means things will always need to be tested if there's updates that aren't just back end coding stuff that won't have an effect on gameplay. All I meant was when we get back to the point with TC3 that we were with TC1, that there's no new updates or the updates are few and far between, shut the access to TC3 down so more players must create in EA Land. I canNOT believe that there are people in this thread calling themselves dedicated testers that are saying they are fed up with bugs.
I thought part of being a natural-born tester was taking bugs in stride and being able to roll with the punches so to speak.....seems I had a vast misconception.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Personally, I wish they'd give people a set amount of days/weeks to ensure that their TC3 sims were skilled up, and then close it in between times that there was nothing to test. It's been said for almost 3 years now that TC3 is a Test Center and should NOT be used as a primary residence....yet many people still dig their heels in and do it anyway, and I'd bet a good amount of simoleans that 80% of those sims would come here and scream bloody murder when a wipe takes place, even though we've been told since day 1 that the TC's can be wiped at any time. The only way I can think of that we are going to get players to use the TC's as they are intended is to close them when then there is no function for them, that is when there's nothing to TEST. Keep all the sims on database, but just make the city inaccessible......not talking about wiping anybody's sims, money, houses, none of that, just not letting them play there until there's something to do there.

[/ QUOTE ]While I would normally agree with you here, given the classic definition of a Test Center, the idea that TC3 is nothing but a test center went out the window the moment it became the only city where new players can "try before they buy". This means that TC3 becomes THE representative for TSO/EA-LAND. If you shut it down between updates, then this negates the free subscription model that TSO will need to bring in new players. It is also the very first place many newbies see; if it's completely bug-ridden with no care or concern whatsoever about the playability of the game, these newbies would think twice about giving their money to EA in the form of a subscription so they can play in "the less-buggy city".

Over this last weekend, I have encountered a large number of newbies in TC3. In fact, nearly 40% of all the sims I had encountered this past weekend were so new, they didn't even know about CTRL-H. What impression do you think these people are getting of our game?

S

Sweetdesiderata

What about the free players that cant go to EA Land? If it was up to me, I wouldnt be in TC3 complaining about getting stiffed of all my money. But I cant create a sim in EA Land as it is for paying members only.... so I am forced to put up with all these bugs. I dont even care about all the extra bonuses... I just want what I work for!

G

*Tagging to last*

However you slice and dice it, a test center (and everyone in it) is and always will be <u>expendable</u>. That is what it is created for, that is *why* it exists.

No one is encouraged to make it their *only* home....not even Free Players.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]While I would normally agree with you here, given the classic definition of a Test Center, the idea that TC3 is nothing but a test center went out the window the moment it became the only city where new players can "try before they buy". This means that TC3 becomes THE representative for TSO/EA-LAND. If you shut it down between updates, then this negates the free subscription model that TSO will need to bring in new players. It is also the very first place many newbies see; if it's completely bug-ridden with no care or concern whatsoever about the playability of the game, these newbies would think twice about giving their money to EA in the form of a subscription so they can play in "the less-buggy city".

Over this last weekend, I have encountered a large number of newbies in TC3. In fact, nearly 40% of all the sims I had encountered this past weekend were so new, they didn't even know about CTRL-H. What impression do you think these people are getting of our game?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good point...and one that I hadn't considered. Since they have the capability to keep new players restricted to TC3 though, I wonder if, when the version numbers are identical between the two cities, they would have the ability to keep paying subscribers out of TC3 in the same way. This would mean that when there was nothing new to test, the free players would have less people to play with, but didn't I read somewhere today that free players would eventually have access to EA Land, but be limited to residential lots there? Once that was put into place, if they made friends who are subscribing players, they could always chat with them via the in-game IM system while they were on a residential lot and the subscribing player was where ever they were, or of course the subscribing player could join the free player on the residential lot they were at.

Barring that, I'm not sure what the solution is, but we've GOT to do something to prevent players from making TC3 their home base, even going so far as to, as we've seen here, not play in EA Land at all, which totally negates the purpose of making the new city, and misuses TC3 in a way that it was not intended. And no, that's not *my* opinion (cuz I know that's what's gonna be said next) it's been said by devs here time and time again. I believe Parizad was the last one to say it when I made the comment before EAL was open that I wasn't even playing in the production cities anymore and had made TC3 my home. I can hunt the post down if someone *must* have a link to prove it.....but alot probably remember that statement at the time.

C

Caesar Weezer

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That is probably the most intelligent thing I've heard all day, and it also sums up everything I've ranted about in this thread.

I hope everyone would agree a bug free TC would attract new players, and in the long run increase the amount of "free-players" that subscribe. A game that is problem free would surely keep people interested, and in the long run keep them playing. Some might say that it is imperative to get TC bug free ASAP....but I don't want to stir anything up.

However, once the players are subscribing, they move on to EA Land, find it is chock full of bugs, and turn around running back to TC. This creates a negative effect, and leaves people whining on Stratics (similar to me
).

So what should be done? Clean up TC3 and start fresh? IE no bugs and regular payouts. Or keep everything the way it is, and work from the ground up in both cities, fixing bugs and issues as they come along?

I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So what should be done?Clean up TC3 and start fresh? IE no bugs and regular payouts. Or keep everything the way it is, and work from the ground up in both cities, fixing bugs and issues as they come along?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rut roh, I surely hope you put on your flame resistant suits for this one.....I can just imagine how loud the screams are going to be in the morning at any *hint* of the most dreaded 4 letter word on TSO.....wipe, which is exactly what I said in one of my other posts. This especially now that TC1/TC3 have already been merged, and the wipe would probably need to be everything other than avatars including objects and properties to make it totally clean and bug-free.....or worse, be like The Great Wipe immediately before the game went live when we lost avatars and everything. I swear if that happens anybody that doesn't want a migraine just needs to stay away from the board for a solid month or so....some people haven't been through that yet and will surely have a melt down.

On the other hand, since the TC's have always come with the disclaimers that wipes would/could happen at any time it was deemed necessary and to whatever extent was necessary to fix whatever problem there was, it certainly would help drive home why there's also the warning about not making the TC's your permanent home.....plus we're still in 'beta' with this game like we were with TSO when The Great Wipe took place, so that warning doubly applies......hmm.....*ponders*

See Caesar, I'm trying to share some of that rotten fruit that is gonna be thrown at you over the next 24 hours while this post gets replied to.

I

Inge Jones

<blockquote><hr>

the idea that TC3 is nothing but a test center went out the window the moment it became the only city where new players can "try before they buy".

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not so sure this is going to be the way. I think they were putting the "return to play" old players in there for the duration of this "14 day trial" (fully featured) initiative. I think once EA-Land is up and running, the permanent free (restricted features) accounts will be mingling with subscribers in EA Land.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That is probably the most intelligent thing I've heard all day, and it also sums up everything I've ranted about in this thread.

I hope everyone would agree a bug free TC would attract new players, and in the long run increase the amount of "free-players" that subscribe. A game that is problem free would surely keep people interested, and in the long run keep them playing. Some might say that it is imperative to get TC bug free ASAP....but I don't want to stir anything up.

However, once the players are subscribing, they move on to EA Land, find it is chock full of bugs, and turn around running back to TC. This creates a negative effect, and leaves people whining on Stratics (similar to me
).

So what should be done? Clean up TC3 and start fresh? IE no bugs and regular payouts. Or keep everything the way it is, and work from the ground up in both cities, fixing bugs and issues as they come along?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude when are you going to understand that EA Land has the exact same bugs as TC3 for the most part, most times its actually less.

TC3 obviously gets the bugs 1st because they get the new builds first. Once any bugs are fixed and the devs determine that the build is stable they then move it out to EA Land which is generally a day or two later, rarely any loger then that.
You make EA Land sound like is totally screwed up and tc3 is much better when theyre practically the same, except any newer bugs are introduced into tc3 1st, but also fixed there firest too, but wkithin 2 days is updated at EA Land too.

Anybody moving fro n TC3 to EA Land then gos bck to TC3 is *not at all well*
why leave a bustling city full of people and places to go back to a pretty much dead city where u r hard presed to find places open to visit.

<font color="blue"> Maybe what is needed is a 2nd city, possibly that one they crated when they merged the two test centers and let that be the city for all new players to have full access instead of it being in a test center.

This way they can test all things and be less buggy and test center 3 can be exactly what it was meant to be *a test city*. </font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

On the other hand, since the TC's have always come with the disclaimers that wipes would/could happen at any time it was deemed necessary and to whatever extent was necessary to fix whatever problem there was, it certainly would help drive home why there's also the warning about not making the TC's your permanent home.....plus we're still in 'beta' with this game like we were with TSO when The Great Wipe took place, so that warning doubly applies......hmm.....*ponders*

[/ QUOTE ]Heaven forbid TC3 needs a wipe, but - just in case...

C

Caesar Weezer

<blockquote><hr>

Dude when are you going to understand that EA Land has the exact same bugs as TC3 for the most part, most times its actually less.

TC3 obviously gets the bugs 1st because they get the new builds first. Once any bugs are fixed and the devs determine that the build is stable they then move it out to EA Land which is generally a day or two later, rarely any loger then that.
You make EA Land sound like is totally screwed up and tc3 is much better when theyre practically the same, except any newer bugs are introduced into tc3 1st, but also fixed there firest too, but wkithin 2 days is updated at EA Land too.

Anybody moving fro n TC3 to EA Land then gos bck to TC3 is *not at all well*
why leave a bustling city full of people and places to go back to a pretty much dead city where u r hard presed to find places open to visit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that.

I was simply saying that the newbies, if inserted in a clean game that doesnt have "as many" bugs, they will most likely be willing to stay in game. I was saying that the current state of the game isn't something that most would want to come back into and subscribe to.

What you dont understand is that I was actually agreeing with you, and only because I did some more reading and I have gotten a better understanding on the situation. I've been "put in my place" so to say.

I still have a hard time understanding how there are bugs in EA Land when everything was tested in TC and supposedly 'bug-free' when coded for EAL.

G

Sorry not meanin g to put u in your place at all.

I agree on newbies and tc3 too i even think regardless of t3 just the limitations alone on newbies makes it difficult to want to stay.

Now:
<blockquote><hr>

I still have a hard time understanding how there are bugs in EA Land when everything was tested in TC and supposedly 'bug-free' when coded for EAL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a statement we ALL want to know. The old test center was used exactly to test and fix bugs and when fixed they sent the update to all cities.

EA Land is beig rushed out too fast i think theyre trying to get subscriptions up by having it released and trying o get players back.

They most definitely are not utilizing it properly because they send everything almost instantly to EA Land, but shouldn't.

What they NEED to do is concentrate on fixing all the bugs before releasing the newer builds to the new city. They are too concerned with tryibg to add too much new content and rush it out the door tryig to keep sims quiet because theyve complained so much about not having fun or new updates.

I'd much rather wait and have stable proper woring updates then getting somethig new that works like crap.

G

Bugs have level of severity and depending on that it will usually get fixed eventually. Some bugs are basically harmless and go to the bottom of the list. Some cause game issues and are a much higher priority. Exploits receive highest priority especially now in the tender new economy. In fact an exploit will shut down the game until its fixed. Some bugs get fixed just by some change in a later update.

Ea Land will always have some bugs...some we pray they never fix.
TC3 will get fixes first, but often a fix of one bug causes another one. Such is life in the gaming world. Another thing to consider is EA Land and TC3 are completely new code, which is to say the old cities are not the same code. Merging objects from the old code to the new is likely to cause issues. Its only logical.

G

We understand niki ty, but still they are more interested in adding new things each week and old bugs should be taken care of 1st. having bugs in the game and introducing new content can only make the bugs worse and most likely cause newer bugs.

EA Land is definitely to rushed, they ned to chill out and get many things fixed b4 all these new features etc. The game isnt quite all new code, it's just being written into a different code or programming language although yes the new features and changes are new, but the majority of the code is the old tso code rewritten using the new progamming language.

Well as far as meges go there should be no, none, zero bugs and why? Because they have internal cities that they test with to practice with and our city merges shouldn't even be tried u nless their test merges on ionternal cities work out 100% perfect. BUT I do realize the unexpected can happen at times and cause triouble.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry not meanin g to put u in your place at all.

I agree on newbies and tc3 too i even think regardless of t3 just the limitations alone on newbies makes it difficult to want to stay.

Now:
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a statement we ALL want to know. The old test center was used exactly to test and fix bugs and when fixed they sent the update to all cities.

EA Land is beig rushed out too fast i think theyre trying to get subscriptions up by having it released and trying o get players back.

They most definitely are not utilizing it properly because they send everything almost instantly to EA Land, but shouldn't.

What they NEED to do is concentrate on fixing all the bugs before releasing the newer builds to the new city. They are too concerned with tryibg to add too much new content and rush it out the door tryig to keep sims quiet because theyve complained so much about not having fun or new updates.

I'd much rather wait and have stable proper woring updates then getting somethig new that works like crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is they are caught by the short and curlies now.....which yes is sort of a problem of their own making, but not totally since the devs we have now are not the same individual people that have been neglecting the game for 2 years, that's EA's fault as a company....but now from what I'm gathering EA has told Luc "OK schmuck, we really want to pull the plug on this game, but if you want to save it, you've got this limited window of time to make it profitable, or your funding is GONE *ie the plug WILL be pulled*". So now instead of being able to take the time to work stuff out like they should in TC3 before releasing a 'perfect-as-possible' (because even between TC1 and the production cities the bugs differed due mostly to population differences in the numbers) updates, they have to rush things and wing it and fix it as they go along.....yet somehow they are still supposed to pull a profitable game basically out of their ass. The only only only way this is going to happen is if there are enough people that can look past all the issues and do what they can to put EA in the black for at least a time period beyond this golden deadline, so that the plug ISN'T pulled, and then our current dev team will have that time they need to fix what's broken if it is stuff that can't be fixed. They've been straight with us since last March (stating that the merges were delayed 'indefinitely' is a HUGE recent example of that, they could have sat on that info) so I have no doubt that when things become truly a lost cause no matter what timeline, that they will have the cajones to make the announcement and lower the final 90 day boom.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I so agree with you. It's hard to keep the newbies motivated when they are getting no money for working. I've had many newbie visitors and all say it's not worth paying for a game that is full of bugs. Sure does not look good on EA nor does it encourage anyone to become paying member. Nothing we say will make them become member unless they fix the bugs in TC3... I came to TC3 not only cause of testing but also knowing this is were the newbies are and I like to help them get started.

So hopefully the bugs here will be fixed... Hopefully we will have new players become subscribers... at this rate if I was starting out as a new player, I would of said the same as most of these players are saying.. Not worth the money. Since they can't experience Full Game options as is... and the wonderful presents that EAland now gets... why would it be worth it to them?

G

*ttl*

Carrie beat me to the point.....we are under a time limit to get the game up to speed with paying members.

I do think they sent the announcements a bit pre-maturely, but I also understand the urgency.

Free Play in TC3 is going to be more fulsome than Free Play in EA-Land, because TC3 will never have the ability to cash out our simoleons.

Free Play is a permenant option to paying/playing the full game. There will be many players that never convert, and TC3 is not any better an environement for permanant Free players, than it is a place to set up our main sim for premium players, but they will still chose it because it has more options for free play....bugs or not.

Looking at Free Players, like they are the tender seedling of a premium account, that must be coaxed, coddled and catered to, until it grows up, is not going to be very realistic. So special cities or even special attention to TC3 because of them, is a mis-use of limited resources and time.
(LOL...look at them, more as perenials bushes, that must be pruned and staked vigorously, in order to grow into something attractive!
)

A far better way to get new subscribers (and convert some free players) is to continue the refining of Custom Content, cash-out, merges, and all the better features coming to the game, that only a paying player will get to use.

Having played a game with a large open-ended free [trial] player base, it has been proven to be a bad idea to give them too much, or they become as entitled and demanding as paying players, with no concept of why they do not deserve all the same benefits for free as those who pay for them.

edited for clarity

S

Sweetdesiderata

<blockquote><hr>

No one is encouraged to make it their *only* home....not even Free Players.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we arent encouraged... we are FORCED. It is the only place Free Players can make their home... we cannot go to EA Land as of yet.

The idea in the end will be to gain subscribers.... but what about all these people that are completely new to TSO and are wondering why they cant make money and cant buy a property, cant build a house, etc. due to all these money bugs? They are getting completely turned off to the game, since again... the only place they can create is in TC3 and cant see the full benefits of a less buggy city. I know every game has its bugs, and even the non test cities are going to have their bugs... but dont they usually FIX the bugs? Even in TC3??

I am not new to TSO, I started back in '04. I was excited to get that email from Luc inviting me back into game. I only hope I can hang in there long enough to be able to create in Ea Land... on my FREE account. I sure am not going to subscribe for this untill I see that I can play the game and enjoy it without all these bugs.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

*TTL*

Fire up your flamers.

When TC3 was being encouraged, before the first merge. I asked Lee at the pub about TC3 being given back casinos since, unlike EA Land, there would be no cash outs. Lee answered that this was logical, but could not be done because TC3 and EA Land needed to be exactly the same, otherwise the testing would not be valid.

There was no hint at the time of the merge that TC3 would be relegated to "second class status," as one poster had pegged it. Now we see that EA Land is getting all the bonus payouts and bonus skilling, and instead of being respected for testing many of you are calling those of us who planted roots in TC3 fools.

I've always lived in a Test Center. TC was never "second class." The population was less, because many of you preferred the production cities. Everything that entered the game as a whole entered via TC. Many of us liked that. We endured the bugs, even enjoyed the bugs. But, we were never treated differently than the production cities. Payouts and skill rates were the same for all cities.

We were told that TC3 would not have cash out. We were never told that payouts and skill rates would be different. Based on the lack of cash out, if I had heard of higher payouts I would have guessed TC3 would get them, but nothing is logical these days.

Maybe paying TC3 players need to be given the chance to merge into EA Land. Leave TC3 to the free play. This is not the TC3 that was talked about at the time players were being wooed.

C

Caesar Weezer

In my opinion, Luc got our hopes up too soon.

It was announced last summer sometime in June that some major changes were going to happen to the game...long before any of the changes were actually being done. They were just being set-in-stone. The result was an excited community, and I think that rushed everything off. Everyone was so excited and wanting this new city, that IMO the team has been rushing everything off the line.

To me, I think this was a mistake. Think of all the time they could be saving if they had started the game, rewritten everything and added it in the game WITHOUT RELEASING it to the public. That way they could keep it contained, fix the bugs, and once they felt they had everything they would need in game and a stable code to play, they could release everything at once.

And by this, I mean all custom content, and a good basis of what exactly happens when cities are merged.

To sum it all up, cause I know I like to ramble on and on..I think they should have kept the game as it was before all the TC3 and EAL bs, and started over without releasing anything to the public until they were sure how it was going to work, bug free.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

The public has been a very important part of the process. As with any beta testing, public opinion has helped shape the future. To expect developers to think of everything the public may or may not do with their product is not realistic. They must have public input and play to evaluate the processes.