• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event What’s Done Can Be Undone

EM Aurora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What’s Done Can Be Undone

Captain Joseph entered Dupre’s tent to report on his recent mission.

“It appears as if indeed it is true, Dupre? Lord Blackthorn walks among us again?”

Dupre set down his half empty glass of wine to greet Joseph with a cautious smile.

“It would appear so and with quite the story to tell too. What’s more, he says there is a way to fix the broken moongate.”

“Do you trust him?” asked Joseph almost too suddenly. He did not like to betray his fears, not even to Dupre.

“Trust?” was his reply. “Who has time for trust these days? Faith. This is what I have left. Faith in the land we hold dear and faith in the citizens that reside in it. I have faith in Sherry’s wisdom and faith in your service to us all.”

He paused to refill his glass of wine and pour one for Joseph too. Handing a filled glass to Joseph he continued thoughtfully:

“I must have faith that Lord Blackthorn comes to us now of all times and what it could mean for us if his words are true. In the end Joseph, you will find reflection only allows you the luxury of thinking what you may have done differently but the reality is, every decision we make is plagued with unforeseen circumstances. Had I turned left or stepped right at the exact moment a sword grabbed air instead of my flesh, things would indeed be different for me at least eh?” He said with a chuckle.

Sitting down on his cushioned chair that looked more uncomfortable than functional, he began to write a notice for Joseph to carry back to willing men. As he wrote he continued, “Lord Blackthorn says the gate can be repaired so we shall try to repair it. Of course we will be met with adventure on our quest but when is anything worthwhile not fraught with danger? When is something simply handed to us?”

“I would trust it less if that were so,” replied Joseph, touching the glass of wine to his lips with a warrior’s grin. It felt so odd handling a glass instead of gripping a mug of ale with his men though he could get quite used to it.

“Indeed, indeed,” Dupre nodded. “So we search for the ancient scroll Blackthorn says exists. If it is a trap, we make our choices then and only then. If it brings forth the repairs we are told it would do, then we have reason to have trust in our faith if not the man just yet.”

Joseph took the orders once Dupre had finished, bowed his head as he made his exit with the reply, “I will put the call out at once. We will be ready once again.”

After his exit, Dupre turned around to his books and plans thinking to himself, “Easy enough to find the ancient one, I suppose. It’s what we’ll find after it that concerns me.” Grabbing the last of the bottle and finally feeling the effects of the best batch of grapes yet, he sat down alone in his tent and hollered to no one in particular, “This calls for more wine!”

At dawn, Joseph met up with Alicia in town and slipped her the note at the bakery to deliver to his old friend. He trusts Aldric and his motley crew of misfits were up to the task once again of taking on whatever mission was set before them. They saw the destruction of the moongate, who better to see it restored?

The note reads:

What’s done can be undone.
All able bodied with sword and might will quest for an ancient scroll.
Meet Dupre at his camp outside of Trinsic
Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5pm EDT

EM Aurora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
To highlight the date and time better:

Meet Dupre at his camp outside of Trinsic

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5pm EDT