• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We're back!

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a long vacation, my wife and I are back playing Toontown once again. The reasons for this vacation were complicated, but suffice to say there were numerous RL issues to contend with, along with our horrible connection. However, some investigation on that front turned up information pointing to the fact that I now had cable internet service available in my neighborhood. Not only was it MUCH faster than my old satellite connection, it was $20 cheaper per month. They installed it Tuesday night, and now Toontown seems like a whole new game!

Teleporting used to take 15 to 20 seconds, now I can teleport in 2. When toons performed emotions, I would hear the noise but not see them perform the action. Now I can see it instantaneously. Going in and out of doors is a second or less, before it used to take 20 seconds before the screens would appear. Battling is a breeze now because we can see what others are picking as soon as they pick it, instead of 10 seconds later after they've picked. Buildings go super fast because we can board the elevators with no wait. Boss fights are much easier, especially the CFO. I can see the actions taken by other players much faster, and the controls respond immediately when I pick something up. Now, I see immediately when someone's tossed a safe, and I know not to toss mine. (I've done that a couple times, and ended up tossing a split second after they did, ending up giving him a helmet! Fortunately I'm quite good at knocking those off.) I suspect CJs and CEOs will be much easier as well.

With this newfound breath of fresh air, my wife and I are getting back into battling with our McBurps so we can finally finish their Dreamland tasks and max their gags. Last night we knocked down 10 buildings in an hour, it was awesome. Before, we were lucky to get 1 in 20 minutes due to all the lag with the building itself, teleporting and gagging up. It also helps that now we can see when buildings are taken. Before, it would take nearly 30 seconds for the game to catch up and show that a building was taken, so I'd find what I thought was a clear building, only to watch it switch to an occupied one just as Martha Jo teleported to me. Extremely frustrating, and one of the key factors that hampered our enjoyment of the game.

We'll be there Sunday night as well, armed and ready. :D

S

susan4633

WELCOME BACK
here's a dancing brocholi for each of you!:danceb::danceb:

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WB! I talked to Martha the only night and she was telling me how thrilled she was and that TT is like a brand new game to her. Good to hear about the McBurp's MCBURP POWA! :thumbsup:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back, Shane and Martha! It was awesome to see you on last night, and even awesomer (it is TOO a word!) to see you here!

I saved this for you from the other boards. Apparently, no one else wanted it. ;)

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back, Shane and Martha! It was awesome to see you on last night, and even awesomer (it is TOO a word!) to see you here!

I saved this for you from the other boards. Apparently, no one else wanted it. ;)
<glug glug glug!>
Nobody knows... hic! how dry I am.... nobody knows... hic! how dryyy I aaaaam... hic! :beer:

B

Beachmom321

Welcome Back Shane and Martha! I am Connie and have been hanging with stratics during your absense. Glad to hear things are getting back to not so hectic & that your connection is getting you where you need to be (IN THE GAME!) See you around!