• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Welp, Who ever paged on me for my guild title...you won

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup, Ive been banned from Ultima Online for my guild title. I didnt ask for my guild title, asked to have it changed and to no avail. So instead some kid has to resort to paging on me. Good job. Im going to appeal this, and try to get re-instated to play uo again. If not. Ohh wells.

Violation: Inappropriate Title
Shard: Legends
Character: Point and Click
Guild Title: balls deep

At least I know plucky will laugh at this.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
banned? for a title?? not just a suspension or warning, an out and out ban?

S

Sorcon Gartius

I dare the person to actually step forward and admit it.

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh good grief! I am even afraid to tell my guildies what our forum address in game. It is like freaken marshall law!

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obviously, EA doesnt want our money anymore.

Part of me wants to give everything i have left away, and go on a "minor infraction lets-see-how-long-before-I-get-banned" tirade.

Hell, I could get banned for copy pasting from the five on friggin friday.

Maybe I'll make it part of my party in nov, when my account is no longer paid for.

hmmm haha we could take bets, make a game out of it.

::gears begin to turn::

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:eek:snap:

Bit over the top and I am amazed a gm was actually in game to do the deed.

If you get back in game be sure to turn off the option to show guild title until the guildmaster can change it. Then again I would probably just leave it off period.

Hope you get it straightened out sir.

N

Nosuperiors_Damnfewequals

hmmm.

Sorry to hear about it Omni. Did ya have any previous marks? that's the kicker.

A lot of my peeps from and old guild (we had grown to hate the guildmistress and her crooked way) Made a dummy guild similar to hers. And I admit, we did have sexual dirty nasty tacky innuendos in titles. :blushing: But we just got 72'd.

Seems everything now, is either ignored or total ban...no short term sentences or community service anymore for UO!
sheeeesh

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
knowing how passionate the people around here are... particularly when one of our own has been wronged... thought I'd better let y'all know that it's been kicked down to a 72hr ban

does that make it any better? not really, since there seems to be inconsistent punishments for infractions of rules lately... I'm a kinda black and white person, and yeah, I need it all written down in easy-to-understand language, with absolutely no room for interpretation

and paging on another player for what *you* deem inappropriate, and the GM making what amounts to a judgement call on use of language isn't all that black and white to me

all that said.... Omni, yes, you were pushin' just a tad, as was the person that gave and would not remove the title.. but a ban, of any length? no, a warning, if anything

N

NewThunder

Yup, Ive been banned from Ultima Online for my guild title. I didnt ask for my guild title, asked to have it changed and to no avail. So instead some kid has to resort to paging on me. Good job. Im going to appeal this, and try to get re-instated to play uo again. If not. Ohh wells.

The saddest part is that the Guild name is not even that offensive; The GM could have simply removed the title. Clearly the GM do not care about the game or they would not take such stupid actions that will only cause more players to quit.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless I'm missing something, I can't see what's wrong with it ... it takes quite a stretch of the imagination to read vulgarity into it. I hope we're not seeing people starting to game GMs as a PvP strategy.

I

IRS

Im sorry to hear Omni.. Legends.. a place to get paged on.. You cant pvp a day without hearing the word page.. If you have to start over let me know an Im sure we can come up with a suit for you.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Wow, back when Tyrath played he kept naming a Parrot "Long Dong Silver" and GM's just kept changing to "Long Dawg Silver". He never got a banning for it, so if they can simply change the name of a parrot why couldn't they change a guild title that you have no way of changing yourself?

I think the GM's are getting a bit to trigger happy and mis-using their power. It's one thing to enforce the law, it's another thing to take it out of context and hand out whatever punishment you want for them. 0 Tolerance is good in some things but not in a game where you depend on the players for your income on it, warnings are a good thing, perma banning for minor offenses is not.

If anything is should be the Emissaries of the guild that get banned not the person with the guild title.

Heck if they want to ban people there was a guy running around in fel for the longest time, can't remember who but his Hiryu was named "N****r Killer" there's something to ban for, not this crap.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, I knew a guy on LA who got banned for having a hyru named A Tampon. lol so in the one room when it was bleeding it said "A Tampon is bleeding profusely."......I just about died laughing when i saw that...but then someone paged, and got the guy banned.:thumbdown:

P

Pennywise

It's time to move aside.

Play the game, or not.

Meez stock is at stake.

Next step is da Buc's Den Gates of Nos Return.

P

Pennywise

Wells, sometimes yas just gots to be daes mans aboves its all.

Gets out theres ands makes Legends a betters place.

Criticals times. Youz eithers loves daes games or not.

Yers sweets, Pennys.

Oh, by daes ways, I like it whens yous says "meez ass."

D

Danse

ER... What about that language filter thingie...does it not work..or Ignore player..*not that I WOULD ever ignore ANY of you...* *somebady was having a bad day, maybe...*:coco:

Hey Cru...maybe Wildfire's tag should be 'Tree Killer' or 'Ditch Digger' ...JUST in case...:blushing:

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was watching a gameplay video on youtube the other day (not UO gameplay) and the author of the video had the microphone on and was chatting about having set up macros to page the server admins in the game, gloating about the number of people he had gotten banned for made-up stuff (although he mentions that one admin caught on, but undertain what to do had banned bother the pager and pagee). So it looks like it's not just a UO problem.

B

BardMal

Hahahaha; *snarf* hah hah hah; sorry Omni about the laughter, it's not at you - I like the title (can I say title? without a ban?).

I'm trying to picture the person who would ban for this.... was it someone who has never been, or someone who wishes someone else was that in them?

Ya know, when you're really packing, sometimes you have to draw the line before "balls deep" or someone starts to whine - hah hah hah, *snarf* hew hew hah hah; "draw the line...." haw haw haw