• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Well I'm out of here too, bye all

G

I know lots of you will say good luck and think I should really give this game more of a chance.
I have given it a chance, I have been here for 4 months now after playing for over 3 years previously of which the last 12 months, as many of you know was really frustrating.
The last draw this time was the last valid way of making any simoleans in the game is now gone.
Code payouts have been reduced to 30% of what it was paying earlier today.
I can not see this game succeeding where the majority of players will have to fork out real cash to go ahead in the game. Either that or take months to build a small and furnish property that would still not be able to compete against established players.
I don't believe the development team are considering the new and returning players anywhere near enough. I ask all of you, would you seriously recommend this game to anyone now. I certainly cant. A game where the only lots that seem to be getting any sort of consideration are stores, while money lots and skill houses are getting kicked in the teeth. In fact I have to now admit to several people whom I tried earlier to talk into coming back, that they were right when they said this game would never go anywhere. I am sorry to all the players, I do not mean to knock any of you, and there are a lot of very good people in this game. I just don't want to waste any more time on something I can see falling apart very quickly.

P

princessofsh

<blockquote><hr>

I know lots of you will say good luck and think I should really give this game more of a chance.
I have given it a chance, I have been here for 4 months now after playing for over 3 years previously of which the last 12 months, as many of you know was really frustrating.
The last draw this time was the last valid way of making any simoleans in the game is now gone.
Code payouts have been reduced to 30% of what it was paying earlier today.
I can not see this game succeeding where the majority of players will have to fork out real cash to go ahead in the game. Either that or take months to build a small and furnish property that would still not be able to compete against established players.
I don't believe the development team are considering the new and returning players anywhere near enough. I ask all of you, would you seriously recommend this game to anyone now. I certainly cant. A game where the only lots that seem to be getting any sort of consideration are stores, while money lots and skill houses are getting kicked in the teeth. In fact I have to now admit to several people whom I tried earlier to talk into coming back, that they were right when they said this game would never go anywhere. I am sorry to all the players, I do not mean to knock any of you, and there are a lot of very good people in this game. I just don't want to waste any more time on something I can see falling apart very quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry to hear that but I do agree with you. Wish you could stay though.

M

mike1977

I don't think making friends is a waste of time. Everything everyone is complaining about is soo unimportant when compared to friendships. I could care less about payout amounts and everything everyone is complaining about and quitting over.

M

mysticlisa516

I'm sorry, I don't pay money to make friends. I pay to play a game, and at this point the game sux. EA needs to see that they are losing loyal customers because they want to earn money by selling simoleans. Not many people will pay extra money for the lousy rate exchange that they have.

D

Dogsoffour

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sorry, I don't pay money to make friends. I pay to play a game, and at this point the game sux. EA needs to see that they are losing loyal customers because they want to earn money by selling simoleans. Not many people will pay extra money for the lousy rate exchange that they have.

[/ QUOTE ]

The exchange rate will look pretty good in a few weeks if they keep lowering payouts at the rate they have been.

I

imported_fajjaa

The exchange rate will look pretty good in a few weeks if they keep lowering payouts at the rate they have been.

Only to the bots and tree farms.

Between those two selling back simoleons, our economy here in EALand should be looking like the U.S. dollar... China and Saudi Arabia, ooops I mean bots and tree farms dumping simoleons back on EA, and guess who pays. Yup, us little guys who spend 4 minutes trying to make 50 simoleons painting and canning.

Lot prices must be based on the amount of money the bots and tree farms make, because I wont be able to afford any lots that were not purchased the first day here.

H

hollythor

It is funny how we all read these posts and feel your pain. Makes you wonder if those devs are reading as well and do they give a damn? GAME IS GOING NO WHERE BUT DOWN. But hey, maxis is making a bundle or ea is. Hmmm, perhaps I should buy stock in EA. NOT. Anyway, I'm sticking it out...hoping that SOON they will read this and show enough courtesy to post back. Giving us hope, assurance, a pat on the back or something. Kinda feel trapped. Forced into using the ATM to get by in a game. I am staying because I have very dear friends here. I am staying, because this is my pass time until it warms up enough outside to go caving again. I am STAYING because I still have a little faith left in EA to make things right. I'll give it 6 more months. If they don't show any concern and start taking responsibility, then I am out to. All six of my accounts will be OUT.

I

imported_Shirl1211

Well Bite, if youdo decide to reconsider your decision, look me up in the game and I will try and help you as much as I can with items and furnishings. I have played several accounts over the past few years and accumulated alot of things and I crafted till my eyes went crossed. I bought a lot within the 1st few days that EAland opened. I have given many many items to different homes ( mostly the ones I see with 7 piano's and 30 guitars). I know how hard they have struggled and I feel bad that they are facing what seems like a recession. I loaded my hubby's and my 5 accounts befored I moved my sims. He has a sim staying in each city waiting for the merge so we will still have our homes that were built in 2003.. I won't give them up. Anyway, I don't want to see you go and if in any way I can help like I said by providing you with different furnishings and crafts, it would be my pleasure. I am Maiden America in EAland. Just leave me a message and I will come running!!!!! Please reconsider and give it maybe 1 more month.

G

Thinking about things a little clearer, after calming down yet again because of this game. I will keep 1 account open for a while to see what happens. I have very little faith in EA now, I can see the direction they are headed and I do not believe it will work. I have 7 accounts, I can not see any use in keeping the other 6 open, even if I do end up staying. I had those accounts mainly to aid in making simoleans. I am sure many others will be doing the same thing very soon, cancelling their extra accounts for the same reason.

G

<blockquote><hr>

But hey, maxis is making a bundle or ea is. Hmmm, perhaps I should buy stock in EA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious as to your source for that information?

<blockquote><hr>

hoping that SOON they will read this and show enough courtesy to post back. Giving us hope, assurance, a pat on the back or something

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they should rename this to "Hope". Before Luc arrived on the scene last March there was no hope left for the game whatsover. We're seeing lots of changes in a short space of time, some changes we'll like, some we won't, but at least there are changes to talk about ...... personally I'd prefer the current game to no game at all.

Polly

G

Glad to hear you are going to stay around Bite me.

And don't forget that Luc said this on the blog last week.:

<blockquote><hr>

This does not mean that the payout for the skill objects will continue to decrease. They are very low at the moment because of the war against the bots. I believe our latest weapon will be in place this week, and if that is the case, I will be able to raise the payouts again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its clear from other posts, they've been doing a lot of playing around with payouts over the past few days. We don't know yet, what the rates will end up as, it will certainly be interesting to find out.

Polly

G

HI

I am a fairly new player. and before they opened EA land I decided as well to get 7 accounts. (this was only to help in Simoleans) ...but EA, MAXIS and all those who are involved...I will be damned if I am going to use an ATM machine to cheat my way through.. just to make U richer.( paying 10 bux per subsciption should be more then enough...dont you think?) I enjoy the game and would rather cheat using mutiple accounts!!! LOL Ha! so take that , stick it in your pipe and smoke it!!:p

I

imported_Shirl1211

After i use my different sims to help me make money i'm cancelling a few accounts as well. There isnt any need for them anymore. And I am glad your going to hang out with us stragglers LOL.

G

I was working towards building a store, I had worked out how much I would need and was going hard at it. Skilled 1 code team to max, and then a second was almost there as well. I built up neally 200k so i think I was doing ok. Considering most of that was done in the last week. During that time I saw the price of objects go through the roof. So then my store was going to cost a lot more to set up. Yesterday the payouts for code dropped heaps, now my plan has gone out the window. I will likely now just pop in to skill houses every now and then as I am finding it impossible to find any direction in the game. I am sure there a lot of other people feeling exactly the same way.

G

I'm hoping to hear the status of this war on the bots. People are getting very disenchanted with the game as we work harder and harder for less and less it seems. I can't even go to my sim job and make decent $ anymore!