Well, finally left the house (true story)

• Thread starter connelld1965
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
C

connelld1965

I trainied my Mage/Myst pretty much exclisively in my house over a few weeks. After finishing his skills and making an almost (need Repond) complete set of slayer spell books, I finally took my new character out of the house.

Myst 120
Mage 120
Med 120
Eval 120
Focus 120
Inscripton 100

700 points

My plan was to use RC and back him up with damage spells.

Went to Ilshenar and tried out a couple dungeons. There were quite a few paragons that spawned and I got a few chests. Ended up doing Greater Dragons pretty easy. In this trip I died 6 times. Couple of times I had a wrong slayer spell book equiped and got pounded or could not get away from Paragons. Found that with RC and no horse it was very hard to run away.

Then I did the Abyss quest and made my way to Wyvern Paragon. Fought the spawn a couple times and was able to beat the paragon a couple of times. No "Insane Tinkerer Leggings" :) . Took 2-3 RC casts to take it down but it went fast. Most important, I had a lot of fun!

Finally I tried the Labrynth and fought my way to Miasma. The RC could kill the scorpion easy but would time-out just before the second spawn died. This had me running and led to several deaths as I did the sprint of shame to the entrance. Killed Miasma several times and got a few Paragon chests... Need to work on my lockpicker :( . The RC was able to kill a couple of Reptillian dragons at the same time which was pretty cool.

Verdict :thumbup1:, very powerful, need to improve my get-a-way skills. I saw a meelee (assumed Sampire) do pretty much the same thing ... going toe to toe with these mobs but I had a lot more fun. Was a blast. Can't wait to see what else I can solo and I think a Champ spawn is next on my "try list."

Sorry for the long post!

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2008
If just for pvm and using rising colossus, i would recommend making this char a gargoyle. You can fly at mounted speed and it doesn't take a control slot, so you can use your RCs

C

connelld1965

Have not ventured into PvP except to get creamed a bunch of times at the Yew portal for fun. I did not think about changing to Garg but it would give me an excuse to work imbuing so I can stone it out for Focus down the line. Was thinking about trying teleport/Hide, invis potions or something but Garg would have been nice. The bid disadvantage is making a new suit. Thanks for the input!

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2008
Have not ventured into PvP except to get creamed a bunch of times at the Yew portal for fun. I did not think about changing to Garg but it would give me an excuse to work imbuing so I can stone it out for Focus down the line. Was thinking about trying teleport/Hide, invis potions or something but Garg would have been nice. The bid disadvantage is making a new suit. Thanks for the input!
Actually, atleast resist wise, gargoyle suits are easier to make. Just a lack of artifacts