Welcome!

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Seattle, WA.
Hey everyone..welcome to the new forum!

A couple quick things to note...

We've given you the option of using a prefix when you make a post here - you'll see where you can choose one next to the title box.

For this forum, currently these choices are Alchemy, Cooking, Gardening, and Taste ID.

Although using these prefixes is entirely optional, you'll find using them a great tool to help keep the forum neat and also make searching for information easier for everyone.

I will also be starting a new thread to start a new updated combined FAQ, and would very much appreciate your help in gathering info. Any suggestions or ideas any of you have for this forum or if you have any questions, just ask!

F

Flora Green

Is it really necessary to combine the forums? I know it took work to restore them and the effort is appreciated, but they are a jumbled mess now. The old format was orderly and it was easy to find info.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
The Forum will look better, over time....

A lot of the stickies will either be consolidated (while being updated), converted over to actual Stratics content pages, or just let go.

I had to whittle down 25 stickies in the Craftsman Forum (coming soon!) down to about 10, and about half that will become content pages down the line, and another 2 or 3 will run their time needed sticky and be let go.

One of the things that will be done as items become content pages, is probably that the forum's Main FAQ will have links to each former sticky (now content page), giving a lot more room on the forum itself. Other links in the new FAQs that will be done will probably be links to former stickies, so they can "float back up to the top" as normal posts, when someone has a need to add them. At least, that's what I did over on Craftsman, and that's probably a good guess at what will happen here.

Note that this forum system does not archive posts like the last one did - they stay forever.

F

Flora Green

I'm sorry, but weeding out some of the stickies isn't going to make the forums practical to use. The consolidation of the shard trade forums is bad enough. When I login to find info, I'm looking for something specific. Searching through three other shards or three other professions wastes time. Honestly I'm not trying to be terribly negative, just providing feedback. :)