Welcome to My Own Little Corner!

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 28, 2004
Oregon
jpharrod.com
One thing I miss quite often was the ability of the old third dawn paperdoll to allow you to "spin" your character and view them from all angles.

Also Willa being a "Yew-wood" elf should really have more of a wood sort of skintone... so more brownish.... I defaulted to green over giving her a pale pink skintone.

As for the Gargoyles you know when building a gargoyle character the paperdoll in the custom screen has a very awesome robe... however once you make the mistake of picking any sort of magical ability while creating the character that nice looking robe in there vanishes.... and in-game the gargish robes on the paperdolls look terrible... if there was one fix graphically that would make the game more appealing to new players that might be it!

I guess in my opinion the way my character looks both in-game and in my paperdoll should "match"... and should look the best it can.... after all I'm going to be looking at this more than ANYTHING else in the whole game... and it's important when you want to really get into a game to be able to feel an attachment to your character and like the way your character appears.

I always used to think my son was a bit crazy for always playing "Female" characters... I finally asked him once why he more often than not plays the female characters and he said "Well.... I figure if I have to stare at something for hours on end while I play a game I may as well be looking at something nice to look at." I thought this over for awhile and you know.... He's right. To enjoy looking at your character and find it pleasing is an important part of the game in my opinion... after all if you can't relate to your own character you really aren't going to get that into the game.
Yes, having 3D characters is a huge bonus in paper dolls, cause you can spin, animate and put them in different poses for practically nothing.

I've had quite a few posts on the Gargoyle robe - thanks for reminding me about it.

Having a connection to your character is an extremely important aspect of UO.

This thread has inspired me to write a blog post... It will be a task list that emerges from conversations in this forum!

Although feel free to create new posts in this forum instead of packing everything into one thread!

-Grimm
To view the original post, please click here