• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We will miss you Aeric Horn.

G

It is with deep regret and some tears that I must inform you that we have lost Ginsu. Mourn with me now, Siege. He died of a heart attack apparently. I am affectted deeply by this loss. I will post more details when they come to me.

For now I will cry, and i will remember.

F

Førsaken

Sorry to hear this sad news. For anyone that didn't know, he was the GM of MYTH. Was pretty well known and not a bad guy.

Again, sorry to hear.

I

Inari

We all share in your loss. He was a great asset to the shard always willing to help. He will be missed ...

N

Nathan-SP

RIP Aeric.
I don't know what else to say other than that he'll be missed greatly.

I

imported_Trep

what??? damnit..... I've known aeric for years

i'll miss you old friend.....

I

imported_Ibichi

I am so sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you all.

R

Red Shanks

RIP Ginsu, he was definitely a very nice and generous person, he will be missed greatly.

G

My thoughts are with MYTH and their close friends and here is a little something to help say good bye:

I think of you as watching from
A time and space beyond the sky,
A place where we might someday come,

Alexis and I, and we three some
Sweet moments share. Though it's a lie,

This place, and know you're gone, but numb
With grief, I cannot let you die.
There is no place where we can come

Together once again. It's dumb
To think so. Yet when I cry,

A happiness I cannot plumb,
More real than real, more want than why,
A place where we might someday come,

Alexis and I. No heart can sum
The measurements that yield goodbye.
And so I keep you watching from
A place where we might someday come.

S

Sir Ha-ward

Very sorry to hear this, if any of his family play this game, im really sorry to hear of your loss.

G

I will miss the guy. He was a great person to play with and talk to. I feel sorry for MYTH and the alliance as they have lost such a great guild leader.

Siege will miss you, Aeric.

S

Sloan

I'm truly at a loss for words. Aeric was a great guy. He was a good friend for years since we ran in pag together. I'll miss him and so will Siege.

RIP Cliff

G

Aeric was one of me dearest friends, he was my one-time guildmate, my confidant and an inspiration to me. I have lost my friend, but I think of his children, my prayers are for them tonight.

G

I am deeply saddened by the loss.
My prayers to the friends and family.
May peace be found.

G

Our community has lost a great man. You will be missed my friend.
My thoughts are with your family and friends.

R

RobotPlanet

my deepest condolences to everyone involved, To Ginsu where ever you may be tonight I will think of you with good thoughts, goodnight friend to all.

I

imported_mo'gluk

amen to what has been said.... a good man gone ... my thoughts and prayers to his family....

A

Alaric_SP

Today we lossed a member of our UO family.
Aeric has touched many people in UO, some in good ways and some in bad.
He will always be remembered by those that he touched.
Our prayers go out to his family and friends.
We will miss you Aeric Horn!

Cheers! Until next we meet!

S

ShintoMonk

I'm very sorry to hear this, peace be with you, to his family and to all of siege

N

Nerf-Herder

This is horrible news. We really have lost a great guy. Siege will not be the same without him.

Godspeed my friend. You will be sorely missed.

K

kahlia

I am sorry to hear this. My prayers are with his family and friends.

G

With this post, my 7500'th post I become a stratics legend. I had grand ideas for this post. How frivolous it seems now. We get caught up sometimes in this little world of ours.

I am no legend. Ginsu made a mark on this world.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being new to Siege, I only saw him briefly in game and his posts here on Stratics. I am still saddened to hear this news. My prayers go out to his family.

I

imported_SavageSP

I really dont have the words to express what a good guy Aeric Horn/Ginsu was, and the possitive effects he left behind with the People he touched in this Pixel world.
In the short time I was fortunate enough to be around him, I found him to be a Giving, Careing, Funny, and Honorable Person.

My Heart goes out to his Family, his Guild Mates, and anyone that called him Friend.
He will be greatly missed here by many!

Cheers Aeric Horn, you will not be forgotten.

G

Goodah

I have had the pleasure of knowing him as a simple crafter, a villager, a soldier fighting evil, a great storyteller, and a leader of a guild.

Ginsu/Aeric Horn will definitely be missed. He had passion for the the game and Siege, and compromised a lot of his visions in game for the happiness of guildmates and friends around him.

*pours ale on the ground for the fallen*

...my prayers and deepest condolenses to his family

G

I didn't know him long, being kinda new here. But I very much enjoyed his voice in vent and the fun things we did together.

This place is already more lonely without him.

G

Our little world of siege has lost a great person.

Our real world has lost a great gentleman.

Aeric will be missed, but never forgotten.

S

ShadowlordSage

I'll tell you it means a lot to see all this support. I've only been with AO for a short time but the way he shepard-ed(sp?) me into the guild showed me all i needed to know

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Adding him and his family to my prayer list..I hope he is in a better place.

Safe Journies
Riz

Z

Zippididooda

my sincere condolences to everyone, I did not know him as well as some but that does not matter, he was a part of our "family" and in my book, that means something. RIP Ginsu
Luck & Zerial

G

The impact of friendship crosses all boundaries that exist in time and space. I knew Aeric / Ginsu for only a brief moment and only in this world we create online. Yet I feel better having known him at all.

He applied a code in game that not everyone agreed with, but never faltered in its consistency. He was someone who spoke straight and could be trusted at his word... like it or not.

I was honored to be part of his online empire. I will miss him. My heart and prayers go out to everyone touched by this loss, in game or in real life, and especially his family.

Aeric,

Thank you for stopping me on the fields of Malas and asking me to consider entry into your guild. Because of you I have met and friended some wonderful people. With luck you and I shall meet on the other side of another boundary at a later time.

Until then, farewell.

G

Indeed. Love him, hate him, or even ignore him. He was a big part of Siege.

G

I learned many things from Aeric, but the greatest of these was the value of friendship. I wish I had been a better friend to him, that I had made more time, he did so much for me, more than I could tell about if I wished to. I hope that he can hear my thoughts somehow, and know this.

I read back through my old messages from him, and I find this one. I think it shows what a great heart he had, how greatly he loved his friends, and how he thought of others, and what a great quality he had, always seeking to better himself, to bring out the best in others, which is the mark of a great man.

<blockquote><hr>

The times you and I spent together working on KSS, building houses together, fighting evil, and sharing parts of our real lives has meant a great deal to me.
You have inspired me to look for good in myself, and in others. I appreciate you very much, and will always consider you a brother.

Perhaps we may get together for a last ale soon. If I can stay up late enough... lol

Cheers!
Aeric

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a very lucky person to have known him. He was thoughtful and giving, perhaps strong-headed at times, but even when his fire got the better of him, he always came round and was never too proud to say he was sorry. What I admired about him was that he never hid his feelings, he would tell you on a dime whether he was happy with you, or when you had pissed him off. I loved him the second I met him.

Once again, I stay up later than you, perhaps we will meet for that ale someday, but it will have to wait.

Farewell, my brother

*cheers*

B

Breeder of HATE

My prayers go out to his family, his friends, and to all of Siege.

K

Kat SP

It's shocking how short and fragile life can be and that someone can be gone in an instant. I was deeply saddened to hear of Aeric's death. He may be gone from this earth, but the beauty of his friendship, thoughtfulness and wisdom will live on with us.

Aeric, you will be missed. We mourn the loss of the wonderful friendship we had with you. You were truly a gentleman. The impression you have left upon our hearts will be with us for the rest of our lives.

Aeric was a great man, a great friend and a great leader. He had a heart of gold and taught me so much. He was loved and respected in many ways and in my mind, he will forever be the honorable, noble Knight he was in game. That was truly the essence of his spirit.

My deepest and sincerest condolences to his guildmates, friends and especially his children and family. My prayers are that you find peace and comfort, that he was truly happy when he left this world and that he knows how much he meant to us all.

Until we meet again, rest well, honorable Knight.

I

imported_Krystal

i known him a long time in uo but just recently have we become friends, he was fun to play with and to talk to, i will really miss aeric.

my thought and prayers are with u Aeric, u will be missed

G

Damn this is sad news. Gisnu had been with us from the start of Siege I think.

Rest in peace Gisnu, we will miss you, Siege won't be the same without you. We will miss you.

G

I want in many ways to respond to every post in this thread. People have such wonderful comments about our friend. I have read this entire thread several times already... maybe trying to simply grasp this loss.

It is very hard to mourn together over the distances that separate us. No hugs, no hand to hold, not even a simply touch. But for all of you that are deeply hurt by this, believe me when I say I am doing those very things in my mind. I hope you can all feel it in your heart.

I

imported_Luka Melehan

<blockquote><hr>

Damn this is sad news. Gisnu had been with us from the start of Siege I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

He and I were arguing about....something. And he said he was here on day one, standing at the bank crafting. I do not mention that we used to argue in order to put a bad slant on this. It is only that some friendships are not easily made. But those are the ones that stand true in the end....when you can look past the faults of folks different than you and love them just the same. Thats the kind of man Aeric was.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

May his foot steps pass through the shadows of the night until the rising sun
shines upon his face.

Yahaxithonix

K

Kat SP

It is very difficult to grieve this way, but we're right here with ya, Hattori.

Anyone who would like the name of the Funeral Home, address and telephone number, feel free to PM me or Kelmo.

Aeric's funeral will be on Saturday, July 28th, 2007 at 9:30 AM, CST in Nashville Tennessee.

I

imported_Magnolia

His icqs always brought happy moments to my day. A good man.

He will be missed.

a ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am afraid I did not have the pleasure of ever meeting Aeric. But I have been moved deeply by this thread and wish to express my condolences to everyone that is in pain right now. God bless Aeric Horn &amp; his loved ones, may he rest in peace.

G

My tears are selfish ones that I knew him only thrugh his stratics posts and can't even recall a time with him in game. I send my thoughts and prayers to his berieved.
I also call out to the gods of OSI for an oppurtunity to place a memorial to him on siege.