• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We need to come together and tackle the next thing...

Do you support this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • I think there's another issue that needs fixing first...

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've got the ROT changes... and they are better. They might be tweaked down the road and they might not... but, we should not be sitting idle waiting for it.

There's more things we can do to boost our population and make this shard fun for many different types of players. I say the next thing we push to be changed is monster/treasure hunting and fishing.

My suggestion:

Increase the drop rate of all, but the doom artifacts.

This would include:

Increase spawn rate for ML Arties from named creatures in ML dungeons.

Minor Arties from paragon creatures.

Re-introduce tokuno arties but make the spawn rate slower since its guaranteed to drop.

Add the chance for creatures in ML dungeons to drop one peerless ingredient.

Have every doom boss drop cursed artifacts onto their corpses.

Add cursed Artifacts to the possible reward for completing level 6 treasure maps.

Open up Powerscrolls to be obtained from ANY champion spawn done on our shard... that includes, Ilshenar, Tokuno and the peerless dungeons.

[/discuss

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im a fan of why not fix the stuff thats broke first like that dumb trade window bug. also the client crash while moving with house tool in use.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One reason why I think this is extremely important is because it gets people out and about... and rewards them for doing so. Increasing traffic to places brings PKs and anti-PKs there to fight too... and even thieves who will be looking for their spoils =)

Also, we have the super rich on this shard who have oodles of this stuff and the average guy... who locks it down on their porch because they don't know if they can replace it decently.

We also have people who enjoy hunting monsters... that is the main reason they play Ultima Online... and giving them a trade and the ability to sell what they get to the rest of the population opens more vendor locations AND gives them a purpose.

Please show your support or discuss why this idea does not have it! :scholar:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im a fan of why not fix the stuff thats broke first like that dumb trade window bug. also the client crash while moving with house tool in use.
I am too... but those are game-wide problems.

I think we should stick to staying focused on stuff that only applies to our shard. Let the rest of UO push to have those problems fixed... we can support that too, but for Siege... I think it benefits us most to tackle our shard-specific problems.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, don't really agree with most of those things. Can't see what is wrong with champs and peerless as they are now. Maybe the cursed arties have some merit. I am also very wary of introducing something new which is totally out of whack with the other shards without good reason. It takes us ages to get even a simple change done. But as far as monsters dropping extra items, then alacrity scrolls would be best to my mind.

The two priorities for me are: -

a) ROT. Yes, it has increased, but the timing between gains is way too long in my view. I would like it reduced considerably.

b) Having Siege appear on the shard list for young players.

Beyond that I think many of the important things are problems with the game as a whole rather than just Siege.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes but don't forget the crafters :).

Add 2x resources to help the crafters at least in old Britainnia (Felucca), may be easier to code when it already are the case on normal shards.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well... I don't know if people remember when the spawn rates for things were higher, but we'd find people killing swoops, miasma and many other creatures because the drop rates were actually decent. Now they are deserted because no one wants to sit there and have a PK come... while they've not gotten a single thing for hours and hours of work.

Adjusting the drop rate is easy and a quick fix.

Turning on Tokuno is pretty easy...

Adding cursed artifacts to creatures is easy too (they can adjust loot drops really easily.)

I'd even think adding cursed arties to lvl 6 t-maps would be easy enough.

I definitely took how easily this would be to code into consideration...

I also agree with you on completely fixing RoT.... but I really don't think we should waste time by sitting around waiting for that to happen, considering how long it took, to get it to happen (a whole year?)

The server thing... I agree on that completely. I don't see why we can't push both.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RoT was something that was exclusive to Siege. This isn't.

I think the best you can hope for is that the drop rate and double resources that apply on production shards in Felucca could be introduced on Siege.

The trouble is, the more differences there are between Siege and main stream shards the more things have to be taken into account when new items and systems are added, and the higher the chances are that one of those myriad differences will get overlooked and something unexpected and nasty will happen.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Open up Powerscrolls to be obtained from ANY champion spawn done on our shard... that includes, Ilshenar, Tokuno and the peerless dungeons.

[/discuss
I agree with this, except for the Peerless part. Need to be able to have this be more than a PvM way to increase the powerscrolls. There has to be a risk of groups taking over the champ, or other players being able to disrupt the attempt to get scrolls...la

A

Alrich

I agree with this, except for the Peerless part. Need to be able to have this be more than a PvM way to increase the powerscrolls. There has to be a risk of groups taking over the champ, or other players being able to disrupt the attempt to get scrolls...la
I think he meant champ spawns like the one in twisted weald type champ, not the peerless themselves. Which is, completely distruptable :)

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I 2nd Rico's attitude, shouldn't be able to get Power Scrolls with zero chance of being knocked out. Although the Ish, Tokuno/etc spawns should give them.

As far as RoT, I really don't understand why they just can't REMOVE the time in-between all together. The only person RoT hurts is a casual gamer. Your power gamers are going to max those gains every time, or nearly every time. The casual gamer may not have the time to work a single skill for 320minutes every day.

Yes, yes, you can work multiple skills and max your RoT gains, but we all know that in the cosmic scheme of things it's easier to get 1/2 skills to finished or near finished [weapon skill for example] and then work the rest.

If they removed the time between or made it minimal [1 minute for all gains] then all people have a much better chance for max gains that day.

I realize there's an argument for 'well then people have to do stuff, wander around/etc' but I don't think that's the case, most people are going to start playing more once their character is usable IMO.

Anyways, back on track, I agree with Rico & thus, mostly with BR. :)

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Hera. I would set the timer to two minutes between gains. In fact, I wish it was just a much simpler system with something like five points max per day on skills over 70, two minutes between each gain.

However, the reality is that they are unlikely to do something as radical as that (the two minutes per gain part) unless there was a huge majority in favour. The best that will probably happen is a slight reduction in the times.

*wishes there was a way of just sitting face-to-face with the devs to iron some things out*

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like some of your ideas... with a little tweaking...

Minor Arties from paragon creatures. - Okay

Re-introduce tokuno arties but make the spawn rate slower since its guaranteed to drop. - Okay

Have every doom boss drop cursed artifacts onto their corpses. - Make it a chance to drop a cursed arti... it shouldn't be guaranteed

Add cursed Artifacts to the possible reward for completing level 6 treasure maps. - Good idea

Open up Powerscrolls to be obtained from ANY champion spawn done on our shard... that includes, Ilshenar, Tokuno and the peerless dungeons. - I would like to see alacrity scrolls drop instead

Beyond that, I think its important a push for having Siege Perilous added to the list of shards, possibly with a "Felucca Ruleset" description or some such. Perhaps a warning gump that will inform new players that they will not get the young player protection on Siege.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

[/discuss
The champ spawns in the peerless areas are not instanced... anyone can raid them...

All of our facets are Felucca, so we take the same risks doing any champ spawn, including the ones in t2a... I also think it would be more exciting to down some of the new bosses if the rewards weren't as lame as they currently are.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have every doom boss drop cursed artifacts onto their corpses. - Make it a chance to drop a cursed arti... it shouldn't be guaranteed
You're already geting the chance for an actual Arti... so a double chance?

The reason I suggested a cursed arty is because it takes a group of people to go to doom... its a semi-pain to get the gold skull... and this would make it worth while for groups to go to doom, because right now a group can go... do several rounds of the gauntlet and walk away with 1 maybe 2 artifacts if not none...

If each doom bossed dropped a cursed artifact... a group of people could go there, do a few rounds in the gauntlet and everyone's walking away with a reward... with a lucky few, walking away with a real artifact.

This would also entice guilds to raid people doing doom too... it's all relative.

Since we can't siege bless these items... I thought it would be perfect to add to the dungeon...

H

HaHa

Worst thing for me atm is the fireball from the grtr dragons. Id say that needs to be looked at

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like some of the changes. Cursed arti's is a great idea, but scrolls/skulls need to stay how they are. Opening them to everywhere will spread the PvP too thin and all of our time will be spent looking for the PvPers. The major thing I believe needs fixed here is the bags of sending. MAKE THEM ABLE TO SEND ANY WEIGHT AGAIN

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've got the ROT changes... and they are better. They might be tweaked down the road and they might not... but, we should not be sitting idle waiting for it.

There's more things we can do to boost our population and make this shard fun for many different types of players. I say the next thing we push to be changed is monster/treasure hunting and fishing.

My suggestion:

Increase the drop rate of all, but the doom artifacts.

This would include:

Increase spawn rate for ML Arties from named creatures in ML dungeons.

Minor Arties from paragon creatures.

Re-introduce tokuno arties but make the spawn rate slower since its guaranteed to drop.

Add the chance for creatures in ML dungeons to drop one peerless ingredient.

Have every doom boss drop cursed artifacts onto their corpses.

Add cursed Artifacts to the possible reward for completing level 6 treasure maps.

[/discuss
I am a Siege Perilous PvMer! On this and only on this shard I play alone.
I am familar with group activities on Atlantic... yes, I been everywhere on
Atlantic.
But, alone on Siege Perilous I have not.
Black Rain's solution is greared to group activities. This is fine by me.
Nothing he suggests will change the outcome of my activities.
But, there should be in addition of this discussion of Risk/Reward through
PvMing that some of the PvM is one on one with the monsters.
If someone is by themselves, and that person will not be at most group events,
should there be some changes in what is dropped by monsters and should
this include artifacts and scrolls upon the most difficult monsters; such as,
Ancient Wyrm?
Remember that it use to be that those dungeons were filled by just one on one
players. This occurred even when the dungeons got sweeped by guilds of
pkers.
If you make the reward higher in the normal monsters of the anti-virtue
dungeons you will see more activities there.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

O

Ole Cheapy

We've got the ROT changes... and they are better.

All the votes not in on that yet..... I think the ROT system is bugged big time, my gains are never consistent, and for the last 3 days I've only been getting 2.0 gains per day and not 3.0. I got 3.0 gains for like 3 days then it stopped. And I for one think EA needs to give thieves a purpose on this shard besides stealing pots and aids. To me that is way more important, we'ew talking about an entire template here. Not to mention pvp still isn't balanced. And for God's sake... take the damn shield and parry away from mages! It's total bs!

And heaven knows the crafters can use a bit of love too!

This game has become nothing but item based, so why in the world would you want to add more logs on the fire????

C

Corrupted Goblin

All the votes not in on that yet..... I think the ROT system is bugged big time, my gains are never consistent, and for the last 3 days I've only been getting 2.0 gains per day and not 3.0. I got 3.0 gains for like 3 days then it stopped. And I for one think EA needs to give thieves a purpose on this shard besides stealing pots and aids. To me that is way more important, we'ew talking about an entire template here. Not to mention pvp still isn't balanced. And for God's sake... take the damn shield and parry away from mages! It's total bs!

And heaven knows the crafters can use a bit of love too!

This game has become nothing but item based, so why in the world would you want to add more logs on the fire????

Whats wrong with parry mage they have to sacrafice stats in order to make that skill usable.

G

Goron

Adjusting the drop rate is easy and a quick fix.

Turning on Tokuno is pretty easy...

Adding cursed artifacts to creatures is easy too (they can adjust loot drops really easily.)

I'd even think adding cursed arties to lvl 6 t-maps would be easy enough.
These are all easy quick fixes... but do we really want more of the same?
Give it two months and everyone and their mother will have ooodles of cursed arties.

The reason it worked in the first place (maginica) is because it was confined to a single zone. You had to go to maginicia. The drop rate was very fast, but that balanced since there were so often PKs out there (or thieves) to steal your goodies. So in a short time, you could still get some loot while still falling prey to PKs- everyone won.

If you open the cursed arties shard wide... there will be so many floating into the economy that I have no doubt they will become useless quick, and then in two months we will all be back here saying 'we need something new'.

I like the idea of having zone specific drops... like cursed arties in DOOM. then people will run doom, it will cost a gold skull to get there (so its not tooooo easy/cheap) but it will confined enough that it is raidable.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, I do not think any of those changes would bring alot of people to Siege. After reading all of the RoT threads, I think the only thing that will bring in a major influx of players is a second house slot. I don't know if we are willing to give into that yet.

G

Goron

Honestly, I do not think any of those changes would bring alot of people to Siege. After reading all of the RoT threads, I think the only thing that will bring in a major influx of players is a second house slot. I don't know if we are willing to give into that yet.
meh, i think the sheeple just use rot and house slots as excuses for not being able to handle the fel rulset.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shouldn't it be stuff that gets the trammel code bleed off the shard like Instant corpses

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These are all easy quick fixes... but do we really want more of the same?
Give it two months and everyone and their mother will have ooodles of cursed arties.

The reason it worked in the first place (maginica) is because it was confined to a single zone. You had to go to maginicia. The drop rate was very fast, but that balanced since there were so often PKs out there (or thieves) to steal your goodies. So in a short time, you could still get some loot while still falling prey to PKs- everyone won.

If you open the cursed arties shard wide... there will be so many floating into the economy that I have no doubt they will become useless quick, and then in two months we will all be back here saying 'we need something new'.

I like the idea of having zone specific drops... like cursed arties in DOOM. then people will run doom, it will cost a gold skull to get there (so its not tooooo easy/cheap) but it will confined enough that it is raidable.
More activities equals more people, more artifacts equals more trashcan trips.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Dakkon Blackblade

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not trying to come off as a troll or anything, but honestly is there anyway we could ever drum up enough support for Siege to go pre-AOS? it's actually hard for me to post this because I feel like it's probably been addressed before at some point but I am new to Siege and just recently reactivated my account.

I have only been on Siege for two days, but I am very committed to the shard. I just wanted to put this question out here to see if it can go anywhere in an intelligent manner.

For example those of us who have decided to go to Siege have done so primarily to get away from all of the fluff on the production shards. And a lot of people seem to agree that the items are what's gimped everything especially pvp.

It seems we should at least see where this can go if anywhere, and see what we could all come up with. I see a pre-AOS Siege being very interesting in a number of ways.

1) It will give crafters their sense of purpose back, I don't know about any of you other crafters out there but for me merchants drive the community and used to do so in a very face to face personal kind of way.

I think selling things from a vendor and filling Bods is just not fulfilling really..why not bring back the days when we talked to our customers and haggled over prices etc?

2) It should bring pvp back into a more balanced setting where the startup cost is not that high for mages or dexxers.

3) Thieves can have some more fun as well as people will be more willing to gear up and go out without worrying about losing their epic items.

Well I am sure there is more but let me know what you guys think please.

Dakkon Blackblade

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if it's just the amount of work it would take or if there is some other reason for it.. oh well I guess that does figure. If it isn't an issue of too much effort though I can't imagine why they wouldn't do it.

O

Ole Cheapy

I'm not trying to come off as a troll or anything, but honestly is there anyway we could ever drum up enough support for Siege to go pre-AOS? it's actually hard for me to post this because I feel like it's probably been addressed before at some point but I am new to Siege and just recently reactivated my account.

I have only been on Siege for two days, but I am very committed to the shard. I just wanted to put this question out here to see if it can go anywhere in an intelligent manner.

For example those of us who have decided to go to Siege have done so primarily to get away from all of the fluff on the production shards. And a lot of people seem to agree that the items are what's gimped everything especially pvp.

It seems we should at least see where this can go if anywhere, and see what we could all come up with. I see a pre-AOS Siege being very interesting in a number of ways.

1) It will give crafters their sense of purpose back, I don't know about any of you other crafters out there but for me merchants drive the community and used to do so in a very face to face personal kind of way.

I think selling things from a vendor and filling Bods is just not fulfilling really..why not bring back the days when we talked to our customers and haggled over prices etc?

2) It should bring pvp back into a more balanced setting where the startup cost is not that high for mages or dexxers.

3) Thieves can have some more fun as well as people will be more willing to gear up and go out without worrying about losing their epic items.

Well I am sure there is more but let me know what you guys think please.
It will never happen but we can still dream. I think since they have ruined siege so much, they should just go ahead and make it full fledge trammilty, and let all the lil trammilians have their trammelites. And give us a brand new pre AOS shard with the old school ruleset and no instant corpse looting crap.

Like i said, it don't hurt to dream. Also this way EVERYONE is happy, the AOS superstars [Kage :)] get to keep their eye candy, and the old schoolers get to get that old UO feeling back. Not to mention the return players this would bring that has left this game due to the trammelty. This means MORE MONEY for EA! How could this not be appealing to them? *scratches head*