• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We need another 100 Skill points allowance

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, really... we do... It's impossible to make a decent char.

I am gonna build a dexxer...

120 wep
120 tacs
120 parry
120 resist
GM anat
90 healing and 50 chiv

How am I supposed to pwn shizzle with that?

What do you guys suggest?

Istoli/Anubis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 taming
120 lore
120 archery
120 tactics
gm healing
gm anatomy

and a box.

woo for pvp these days!

Hail Satan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i agree that things are out of balance, and i will tell you exactly why no one can build a half assed (pun? is that ***'ed out??) char...

the tactics/weaponskill introduction.

remove that, and PvP will reign in a new light once again.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mage 120
Eval 120
Med 120
resist 120
wres 120
scribe 100
20 pts anywhere lol, being human I havnt found anything worth while.

My next temp is the same as the first but W/O wres, and mystic in its place.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GM's need to drop the required dex cap for parry
Being a new mage, I seemed to fit that in rather nicely... Dexxers wiff on me all the time... 60 DCI 120 parry, 80 dex... Wow... I can stand toe to toe with dexxers... adn they just wiff away LOL.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Besides we dont need another 100 points, we have Soulstones that don't have a 24hr requirement anymore. people can literally carry around 3 mage temps or more in one pocket, almost a house hiders dream.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Besides we dont need another 100 points, we have Soulstones that don't have a 24hr requirement anymore. people can literally carry around 3 mage temps or more in one pocket, almost a house hiders dream.
What? WHen did this happen???

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beta to now they removed the 24hr timer being that you can make 1 charge frags now so its senseless to have the timer. And as of today its still gone as I used one stone to xfer mule skills to another character.

R

Rand Al

With 100 more skill points you know the gimp temps you can make. Right now archers are the most powerful temp just cause they can mortal spam or maneuver to hit you making them the easiest to play. Mages are another powerful temp but you need to have skill and timing to play them to make them one of the harder to play but more fun. dexers same as archers in the pray and hit making it no skill in the hitting part but maneuvering the dexer to hit someone takes some tactics and placing ether a para blow or a timed nerv to kill em in less you are one of the few dexers that are extremely fast just hold down the ai button and if you get down to half life run. if i had 100 more skill points bam instant very hard to kill tamer archer or bring back the bush mage with evade !

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if they allowed another 100.0 skill points... It would make the gimp templates.... EXTREMELY GIMP.

For example...

Everybody knows how hard it is to fight a bushido parry dexxer on another dexxer right? Imagine this..

Bushido
Parry
Swords
Archery...

That would be downright ********.

Think of a tamer mage

The most you can fit is
Necro ( no SS )
Scribe
Mage.

Add another 100.0

You add Spirit Speak

Would that not be gimp as hell?

A necro ( with SS ) scribe mage with a dread under the feet.

I mean that template is possible but you would have to sacrifice med which would be dreadful as a mage.

The gimp templates would just pile up. Including what Rand said about the parry bush mages.

In conclusion , I disagree with adding another 100.0 skill points.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if they allowed another 100.0 skill points... It would make the gimp templates.... EXTREMELY GIMP.

For example...

Everybody knows how hard it is to fight a bushido parry dexxer on another dexxer right? Imagine this..

Bushido
Parry
Swords
Archery...

That would be downright ********.

Think of a tamer mage

The most you can fit is
Necro ( no SS )
Scribe
Mage.

Add another 100.0

You add Spirit Speak

Would that not be gimp as hell?

A necro ( with SS ) scribe mage with a dread under the feet.

I mean that template is possible but you would have to sacrifice med which would be dreadful as a mage.

The gimp templates would just pile up. Including what Rand said about the parry bush mages.

In conclusion , I disagree with adding another 100.0 skill points.
Well, fine then, just 100 points for me then!

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for a dexer an extra 100 could produce something like:

Fence/swords-120
tactics- 110
poison- 90
med- 100
chiv- 75
ss- 120
necro- 105
Bushido/resist- 100
@ 4/6 fc/fcr to me that would be pretty gimp and lame to fight against.

*edit* forgot the extra 100 pts lol forgot to add bush

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can work up whatever skill (like chiv) to a low level like 50 and then just get jewelry to make up for the 50 less skill. I've heard that people have successfully got another 100 skills once they managed to find the perfect suit.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can work up whatever skill (like chiv) to a low level like 50 and then just get jewelry to make up for the 50 less skill. I've heard that people have successfully got another 100 skills once they managed to find the perfect suit.
That is a good point... But I die all the time anyway, not worth throwing down 2-300 mil on a suit.... However a dexxer suit is quite a bit cheaper.

U

UltimateNoob

Being a new mage, I seemed to fit that in rather nicely... Dexxers wiff on me all the time... 60 DCI 120 parry, 80 dex... Wow... I can stand toe to toe with dexxers... adn they just wiff away LOL.
You only have 80 dex? Omen Clumsy FTW

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You really don't need it, Magic Resist is literally worthless these days....theres you 100.0, actually 120.0 you're asking for!
Agreed. Magic Resist needs to be revamped. They totally effed that skill up. I mean, it's useful sometimes but like... seriously? It's not nearly as useful as it used to be.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed. Magic Resist needs to be revamped. They totally effed that skill up. I mean, it's useful sometimes but like... seriously? It's not nearly as useful as it used to be.
All my chars have 120 magic resist... I love not being paraed.... I am not fast enough to double click a box when paraed... Corse a damn Omen parry sucks balls.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All my chars have 120 magic resist... I love not being paraed.... I am not fast enough to double click a box when paraed... Corse a damn Omen parry sucks balls.
Bro , you double click boxes!!??! Set up an UOA macro for the box.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bro , you double click boxes!!??! Set up an UOA macro for the box.
I double click most of my ****... Guess I won't need resists then... that would open a LOT of doors for my chars as far as skill goes. Does anyone use resist anymore?

M

mutau

make a macro on UOA for your box, pots, bandaids, apples, everything. lol

worst case scenario, you forget which macro is what. then you just bang your hand onthe keyboard and it works somehow.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
make a macro on UOA for your box, pots, bandaids, apples, everything. lol

worst case scenario, you forget which macro is what. then you just bang your hand onthe keyboard and it works somehow.
Spoken like a true crazy lady. I think that's how computer people fix computers... We drop it off, they smack the **** out of it, make it work, and charge is 100 bucks LOL.

M

mutau

lol so true.

you know i'm nutz. never denied it. always supported it.

S

SUPRsalad

Basically, if ALL you do is hang out in yew, you don't need resist.. Just a well placed box macro, as well as TONS of cure pots..

If you'd like to use your template for anything besides trailer brawls, its rrrrreally annoying not to have resist..

edit: have you all forgotten what its like to be chain-mana-vamped??