• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] We need a "Target Stored" macro function!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is ridiculous, we should have had this from the start. This has been asked for a number of times, and it needs to be done. Without this function there is no reliable way to set up a hotkey to mount. I cannot count the number of times I have died in pvp because my current mount macro, which uses the "target closest follower" option, has failed to work when I needed it most.

We should probably also have a pure mount stored function as well, but we wouldn't need that if we had a "target stored" function. In case I'm not being clear, by a "target stored" function, I mean you choose the macro function, choose a target, and when you use that function in a macro whatever the stored target is will become the target, similar to the target follower, next friendly, etc. only you can set a specific target.

I'm annoyed, why don't we have this already?

edit: I'm adding this to the suggestion as well from Lucitus further down the thread. The "use current target" should not attack the target, ie. it should properly "use" the target and not attack it, even if you are in combat mode.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There actually IS a "Target Stored" macro, but I cannot for the life of me get it working. Sometimes it doesn't recognise pets as a selected target when edited, but even when it does (and the icon goes black to indicate it has the target) using it doesn't seem to switch to the pet, so the macro doesn't complete. I've tried adding Clear Target Queue, WaitForTarg and a few other tricks, but it just seems to fail on that.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What we need is a use stored target function. We dont need a use (false attack) current target function, we need a use stored target function and this function should only use the pet item or whatever and not attack it.

Then the target stored function should sotre item types equal if the item is in the backpack or not, if it is in again it should use the same type again.

For example poison > target stored > poison pot > target stored > dagger

it works but only as long you do not remove all poison pots, because it is not saving the item type :(

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
There actually IS a "Target Stored" macro, but I cannot for the life of me get it working. Sometimes it doesn't recognise pets as a selected target when edited, but even when it does (and the icon goes black to indicate it has the target) using it doesn't seem to switch to the pet, so the macro doesn't complete. I've tried adding Clear Target Queue, WaitForTarg and a few other tricks, but it just seems to fail on that.
The problem is that you need to have a targeting cursor before that option will work. So for example if you were to have a macro with cast greater heal, then that cursor target stored, it would work, but if wanted to have a target stored, then heal current target, it wouldn't work.

That's what I want. It would be useful for a lot of things, but particularly it would be useful for a mount macro. But Lucitus is right, the use current target shouldn't attack the current target if you are in combat mode.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm... there may be a solution then, but I can't work out where the next fault is. I can create a macro which allows me to mount a specific pet once by using the following to generate a request for a cursor;

Peace > All Stop > All Follow Me > Sacrifice (or Honour, any option which automatically requests a target, but won't work on a pet) > WaitforTarg > Cursor Target Stored > Use Targetted Object.

After creation and running a second time though, it just pulls the character's paperdoll instead from then on, whilst still saying I can't Sacrifice or Honour that target, which indicates it's at least still going for the pet I want. Any thoughts?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hmmm... there may be a solution then, but I can't work out where the next fault is. I can create a macro which allows me to mount a specific pet once by using the following to generate a request for a cursor;

Peace > All Stop > All Follow Me > Sacrifice (or Honour, any option which automatically requests a target, but won't work on a pet) > WaitforTarg > Cursor Target Stored > Use Targetted Object.

After creation and running a second time though, it just pulls the character's paperdoll instead from then on, whilst still saying I can't Sacrifice or Honour that target, which indicates it's at least still going for the pet I want. Any thoughts?
The problem is that cursor target stored doesn't make the stored target the current target. It applies the action to that target without making it the current target.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Lo! A miracle! I was looking at an old thread that Decors posted for her iconpack, and there it was, an example script for using a pet ball! The miraculous thing is that you can use that same script to create a reliable mount macro!

I've cut and pasted it into the "command scripts thread".

It's a bit of a pain to change mounts, but it's far better than having your mount macro fail in the middle of a pvp battle!