• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Way to Block Spawn In Front of House?

R

RenaLynne

I just bought a keep on Ice Island and am finding the Polar bears really love my front steps. Can you still place water barrels or is that illegal? If you can how do you go about doing it? As of now, Im just marking several different rune spots so Im not constantly blocked. Any other ideas?

F

feath

yeah, you can do water barrels.
generally, i just mark a rune behind the house in front of me. since the spawn crowd around front doors, its usually open.

R

RenaLynne

How do you place a water barrel? Never done it before...

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually mark two steps away from the front step for ice island abodes. And yeah, have 2 or 3 different runes marked around the front and then another one for some distance away. Trying to get to an island home when your runes are blocked is very annoying, hehe.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
How do you place a water barrel? Never done it before...
First you need the barrels. ;)

Step 1. Take a pitcher of water and head for the docks.
Step 2. Find a barrel - should be easy on docks - and fill it with water (double-click pitcher and target barrel).
Step 3. Fill the water back into the pitcher (double-click pitcher and target barrel).
Step 4. Grab the barrel.
Step 5. Place the barrel where you want it and fill it with the water from the pitcher.

To avoid that someone just empty your barrels and take them, fill each barrel ewith 10-15 pitchers of water.

Enjoy...

R

RenaLynne

Ok thanks, I think I will keep using the diff runes unless they all end up getting blocked:wall:
Good to know about barrels, I was thing something more along the lines of "I wish to place a water barrel" Wow, was I off.:blushing:

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok thanks, I think I will keep using the diff runes unless they all end up getting blocked:wall:
Good to know about barrels, I was thing something more along the lines of "I wish to place a water barrel" Wow, was I off.:blushing:
"I wish to place a two story statue" - I wish! :D