• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Way-points way-off?

F

Fink

Is there some trick to entering waypoints accurately?

I'm trying to mark places where particular wood spawns. I thought it would be more flexible than marking, storing, using, dropping and re-marking runes. The waypoints are usually off by two or three resource squares (16-24 tiles).

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you checked the settings? I think there must be saved anywhere, there you have to look, i think in the UserSettings.xml.

I rember for KR was a small programm to convert the Waypoints from UOAM to UOKR.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Is there some trick to entering waypoints accurately?

I'm trying to mark places where particular wood spawns. I thought it would be more flexible than marking, storing, using, dropping and re-marking runes. The waypoints are usually off by two or three resource squares (16-24 tiles).
This has been a problem for a while and as far as I know there is no solution!
I have been trying to mark nests and have the same problem I use the round radar screen now when i mark one (seems to get me closer)

F

Fink

I've tried the radar and the atlas (lucitus mod). I might try the new default atlas and see if that's any help.

As for where the data is stored I'm not sure where it is, but I do know I don't want to have to edit a text file or mess with settings or such. It seems to accept the co-ordinates that I am standing on (I have checked with a sextant) but it saves some figures that are off by a degree or more. It's never constant.

At the moment I have glowing waypoints in the forest that tell me a good resource is "somewhere nearby" at best. It's almost as if I have to memorise which locations are off by how much and, if that's the case, I might as well mess about with maintaining & updating runes.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah the waypoints in the EC are almost worthless. Heck, the atlas is almost worthless. The fact that waypoints are the same icon as the character location is obnoxious.

There also needs to be a way to turn the in-game location marker off, but leave the map's on.

I'm not holding my breath...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
There is a new map file in Uhall that was given ok by Petra to be posted! and also by mythic(atleast thats what was stated) I have installed it and it drops markers for me well but i am having problems getting it to track me! but this may be a option for any who are interested!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm experiencing this same problem, and yes, it does render the waypoints virtually useless.