• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Waxing nostalgic

R

Righteous

I was waxing nostalgic this afternoon and thinking what in the past in the game did I really enjoy that isn’t available in the game any longer. I remember the old old Trinsic invasion. Those were the days when at least 70 or 80 would show up to the events, fight monsters that GM’s where controlling (or at least they were a lot smarter than the monster AI at the time). If you went anywhere near the main fight you would die do to lag. I remember fighting a killer yellow skeleton that had 6 or 8 black skeleton guards that surrounded it and if they got distracted they would rubber band back to the yellow skeleton. You could provoke the black skeletons on to guards and they would fight them. Those were the days. How many of you all where there for that invasion I believe it was about the same time we got the lost lands. I wish we could have events like that again with large numbers of people but without the lag. So what past UO event did you really enjoy?

Righteous

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My favorite thing was the Abyss shard. There were always crafters at Brit armory making weapons and armor, choose a color and go defend the castle!

Right now I am looking forward to the Halloween shard.

K

Kith Kanan

Ohhh yeah I remember that... what a blast !!! to bad I lost all my scrennshots from back then :(

N

Nibblets

I think my favorite was the invasion of Yew when Trammel was born. I was on dial-up at the time and for some reason only got lagged out once, hopped back on and I was still alive! But it was interesting to see the tamers with massive amounts of dragons each get mowed down by the poison elementals and dread spiders. And the phoenix that wandered through along with balrons and abyssal lords that just cleared a path. Staunch defenders to the end though. We blocked off the entrance to Empath and waged war from there.

And it made it all the better when Keenonan showed up. Whoever ran him was just excellent. There was verbal bantering galore. We had him boxed in with fighters and mages behind that, healing and casting. I remember he said "You fools! You cannot comprehend what is happening," (or something similar to that) and I shot back, "Well if you're so smart why don't you enlighten us?!"
He started romping on me something fierce. I bolted running back to my house on the corner of the abbey, hit the inside and immediately went "I ban thee." He saw the words and just stood outside the house, cackled madly at me and ran off. After that whenever he was running around and saw me he'd turn from what he was doing to chase me. So much fun. In remembrance I got his bust and the chain mail. Puts a smile on my face whenever I see it. :D