• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warrior Challenge: Travesty

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Tried this last night. Here's my report. Hopefully some of you guys who always wanted to solo Travesty will find this useful.
Prepare for battle: With 120 bushido, use a shield so Travesty doesn't parry your hits! You will need armor ignore so that leaves you with longsword/broadsword/hammer pick/leaf blade/etc. (edit) Hammer Pick (not Pickaxe) is better than broadsword because it damages stamina, so I went with that. Also, Travesty will copy your skills and your gear, but not all the stats on your gear.

Attempt one: Went in with a sampire build. I knew it was a bad idea from people's posts but I wanted to see for myself. Travesty copies necro and chiv. She spams those spells like crazy to no end, I ran out. Journey home. Soulstone necro and returned before the key expired. To my surprise, Travesty REMEMBERS Necro. I got it down to 60% HP and eventually decided to give up because kiting and jousting it was taking too long. I also kept running out of mana because I was using a lot of it to heal.
screenshot_043.jpg

Attempt 2: Soulstoned both necro and chiv. Bought chiv to 40 and necro to 40. Added 80 SS to my template (note these could have been 49.9 with 100 SS but I was lazy and didn't want to train it up). I brought with me +13 necro ring and +30 chiv ring/bracelet for the battle. Travest doesn't copy skills over 50 apparently. So I ran in without ring/bracelet equipped, let Travesty copy me, then equip the ring/brace for EEO, then necro ring for Curse weapon. To my surprise, Travesty STILL copied Chivalry and was spamming holy light on me. Pretty certain I didn't have my +chiv skill gear on when it copied me. Oh well.

A few notes.
1) Don't make my mistake: BRING REGS for CURSE WEAPON! I relied on my 50% LRC to cast it since i forgot regs. It was working fine and then I realized I should have left and bought regs from an NPC and come back.
2) Note that wraith form means you take 25% dmg from undead slayers but Travesty will also take 25% extra damage from your undead slayers. I wore the undead slayer trinket.
3) Travesty mirror images are a huge pain. You can't leech life or mana when you hit it. I wish I imbued hit area on my weapon. If you take about 5 steps away from the mirror image, you can hit Travesty without popping the mirror image. Also heard that WW kills mirror images but I didn't test that.
4) Finally, around 8% hp, Travesty will teleport to the middle and spawn a bunch of ninjas, around 10 of them! They are a handful so honor self, get back on Travesty ASAP. Pull her to a corner and finish her off before honor wears off. Do not let Travesty gain life or she will teleport back and spawn more ninjas.

Total time to kill Travesty without regs....about 20min? I definitely won't be doing this again....

screenshot_045.jpg

Last edited:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, if you use HLL weapons instead of necro, SS or healing, is Travesty pretty easy? I would assume it would be as long as you have a hit area weapon for mirror images.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I do have HLL on my weapon but it wasn't enough to stay healed so I needed to keep curse weapon up at all times. Comparing Travesty to Dreadhorn and Paroxy, I'd say Travesty is harder than both of them but there is more room to run around and kite. Travesty isn't very fast. Also Travesty takes longer to kill not only because of the mirror images but because you're stuck using Armor Ignore. Dreadhorn and Paroxy die faster because Onslaught + Double Swing + Lumberjack does crazy damage. If I tune my gear and build better, I can probably cut the time to kill Travesty in half. I still wouldn't do it again unless someone tells me the drop rate for Mark of Travesty is like 10%+. I really hate farming the honor and having a whole separate build just for the encounter.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Travesty has around 300 Wrestling (seriously) after ToL was introduced. She also has around 900 Stamina, so not even Macing Weapons can slow her attack speed down, unless you're using a Hit Fatigue Weapon. The Fencing Mastery "Pierce" however, can drop her down to 0 Stam and slow down her attack speed.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Travesty has around 300 Wrestling (seriously) after ToL was introduced. She also has around 900 Stamina, so not even Macing Weapons can slow her attack speed down, unless you're using a Hit Fatigue Weapon. The Fencing Mastery "Pierce" however, can drop her down to 0 Stam and slow down her attack speed.
I can confirm it is still do-able to solo post ToL. I came back from a 7+ year break so I never fought Travesty before that. That's a bummer that the Devs thought it should have 300 wrestling though....

Anon in roof has close to that much and he is definitely a pain to kill because of all the whiffs....

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didnt like soloing travesty before the addon. The battle simply needed too long and drops from travesty arent that great. And now they buffed it. Didnt try her yet but I guess not worth the trouble then

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh wow that sounds terrible. Were these Peerless buffs even in the patch notes?

BearCorpse

Adventurer
Let him copy your weapon, he doesn't have high weapon skill.
Taking shield is must.He can't parry with shield.
Bushido interrupts your parrying,put away bushido skill to soulstone.
High hit area helps banish his mirror image.

Skills,Stats,Weapon,Shield
skills.png stats.png longsword.png metalshield.png

BearCorpse

Adventurer
Probably you hit his mirror image.I killed mirror image by Area damage at the same time that he made mirror image.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Probably you hit his mirror image.
'miss' means I swing and don't hit anything. I even was unable to get Honor bonus to 100%.

I killed mirror image by Area damage at the same time that he made mirror image.
When it creates a mirror image I usually hit the mirror image instead of Travesty. This usually means wasting mana for special without leaching back.

Thorn151

Visitor
I have a question, I have read in many posts that if you are doing low damage something is wrong...I average 10-15 damage on Travesty and when I use Armor Ignore I only hit 70 or so....What is the recommendation for doing more damage. I dont' mind taking an hour or so to kill her....but I am unable to inflict any substantial damage

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Get a heavy weapon - a broadsword or a long sword. Take honor and cast EOO for damage bonus.