• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warrior Challenge: Solo Roof

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Finally got around to completing my in game goals. One of which was to solo roof (no multiclient)! Just thought I'd share and offer help for anyone struggling with it. It can be done even after the boss buffs. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask (and be specific please)!

It took me 33min to complete. A lot of time was wasted waiting around for the boss to drop from the ledge and gain its life to 100%. This was so I can honor it the safe way. In a group, I just pull, invis potion, then honor. Also, I still managed to f* up and didn't honor Ozy. This was a huge mistake since it took forever for me to kill him and my mana was often near zero. I needed the tiny extra honor damage for more mana (despite the whiffs)

No drops?!?!?! *sad face* 10 legendaries for loot. Took me three attempts (solo). First attempt and second attempt, I killed the first boss but died to Ozy''s dismount and spawn while having zero mana. No mana = can't heal with confidence and can't WW to kill spawn....

For anyone else who has already done it, feel free to share your times/tips for honoring/etc! =)

Here's a few screenshots. I remembered to turn on the clock after Virtubane. =(
Virtubane.jpg Anon.jpg Ozy.jpg Juo'nar.jpg Roof Solo.jpg

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nice, care to share template and stats?

Edit: noticed skills are displayed in the screenshot

Last edited:

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Nice, care to share template and stats?

Edit: noticed skills are displayed in the screenshot
Yup! Standard sampire. Would be cool to see other builds do it too.

Stats: 144 str, 150 dex, 14 int with 125 125 10 base. I could optimize it better and increase int, use greater str and greater dex potions but it's not necessary. You can see, I don't really use potions other than gheals.

HP 147, Stam 183, Mana 67. All without pots.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
I've also been able to solo roof,(one char),with the paladin build with healing and life leech on wep.

Sometime's its even better than using sampire,in the case like Tabin mentioned above,when dismounted,no mana to heal or kill spawn,a bandage will save your life!.

Yes.I have also soloed it (one char),with the standard sampire build.

Last edited:

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I've also been able to solo roof,(one char),with the paladin build with healing and life leech on wep.

Sometime's its even better than using sampire,in the case like Tabin mentioned above,when dismounted,no mana to heal or kill spawn,a bandage will save your life!.

Yes.I have also soloed it (one char),with the standard sampire build.
Nice! Did your paladin have bushido? Mace or swords?

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Nice! Did your paladin have bushido? Mace or swords?
swords, I'd love to use mace but it only has good one handed weps for Ai"s and double strike , and one handed weps have less imbuing room which sucks.

Yes i also use bushido for virtue bane and ozymandias,cause those boss's have no slayer,without bushido you wont be killing them anytime fast.

That being said i only use 80 bushido no parry and 100 lumberjack to optimize my damage output when i am not using healing skill.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I'd love to use mace but it only has good one handed weps for Ai"s and double strike , and one handed weps have less imbuing room which sucks.
Since you haven't parrying you could use shield to get more mods.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
swords, I'd love to use mace but it only has good one handed weps for Ai"s and double strike , and one handed weps have less imbuing room which sucks.
Yes. Definitely agree. I had a 1h macer and trying to fit extra mods on the 1h weapon was tough without using whetstones. I haven't use my macer in a while because swordsmanship 2h weapons are too good and onslaught is just amazing DPS.

Corwin.
Against bosses; Anon and Ozy, I have max HLD, HML, HSL, HLL, Hit Fatigue. The last two mods are optional. One mod worth testing might be 100% HML since I tend to run low against Ozy.
For Juonar, I run fire weapon, Undead, HML, HSL, HLL, Balance. HLL and balance are optional.
Virtubane, I use a cold weapon with HLL HML HSL, balance and either repond/demon slayer (so when it spawns, I don't need to weapon swap).

If I were to remake the weapons, I'd probably add HLD on Virtubane and Juonar weapons. Maybe drop HLL. I haven't tested it or done the math, but I do think getting in more hits and leeching life from not missing is better than the life leech gained from HLL. I do wear Blackthorn version of Mace and Shield too. I can see someone argue and say 30% HLD is enough since you're almost guaranteed to reapply it after 7 hits, but that assumes you are hitting the boss 100% of the time. In reality, I have to switch to hitting/killing spawn with WW and then back to Onslaught + 4xDS the boss.

Last edited:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Remember that having 30% HLD on your head slot, and another 50 on the weapon != 80% chance to HLD. Instead it is 65% HLD chance, so putting HLD on two slots wastes at least part of it.

I assume that when you're WWing the spawn, you're still standing next to the boss, hitting him with those WWs too. Since your WW can still apply the HLD, I'm not sure what the issue might be.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
HLD, HML, HSL, HLL, Hit Fatigue.
I believe you could do almost just as well with not maxed HLD, HSL, HFat... and get HCI/DI/SSI/DCI and something of FC/Reactive Paralyze/Soul Charge/Damage Eater from your shield.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I believe you could do almost just as well with not maxed HLD, HSL, HFat... and get HCI/DI/SSI/DCI and something of FC/Reactive Paralyze/Soul Charge/Damage Eater from your shield.
What template would you run with a shield? Having a shield means either: 1) drop bushido and have parry or 2) keep bushido and drop parry. Virtubane takes twice as long and becomes more difficult to tank without honor so I'm guessing you want to keep bushido, which means sacrificing parry chance. Are the extra mods worth losing parry chance and damage from 2h wep to 1h wep?

EDIT: I like your comment though. Now that I think about it, Longsword is probably better against Ozy since keeping 35% SSI and 180stam isn't hard (no spellcasters during that fight). Longsword has higher dmg than bladed staff, which means more mana leeched. There is that issue with a few swings at 1.5s if I ever get below 180stam and need to swing for HSL to trigger. Might be minor though. Now I just need to figure out if I want to loose 20% parry chance/instant pot drinking for a shield with damage eater/soulcharge/etc. I think I still prefer double axe for WW/DS damage.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
p.s. I used some templates without parrying:
melee archer
4/6 chiv bushido macer
wraith with LJ (60 necro for corpse skin and course weapon)