Warning Pets lost at sea

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
May 13, 2008
Az
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Three of my friends lost their pets when the ship they were on crossed the server line. They were chasing a pirate, crossed the server and poof no pets. They checked the character status, shows no pets out. Did the log out and log in nothing. Recrossed the server line, nothing. Checked the stables nothing. This happened at midnight pacfic time on the tokuno seas. Friends just told me the pets had actually teleported to the pirate ship when it crossed server line. so really watch those pets that do that

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
I've found my Unicorn with magery mastery teleporting onto the beacons.... he also teleports onto pirate ships... but a simple log in and out and he's back at my side. Thank goodness for that.

Mad Mim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 9, 2009
Legends
I've noticed my nightmare would appear on the pirate ships while i'm attacking them. Tis strange!

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
May 13, 2008
Az
Thank heavens least one of the mares was not scrolled up. But they were heartbroken to lose pets that they had for a while. I know it seems silly, but we do get attached to our babies. Acid Rain hat is a great suggestion about pet balls. I wish I had thought about that.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Apr 13, 2015
Awards
Drakelord#5598
Ya that happen to a friend of mine same area, she lost a dragon she had for a very long time and was very upset over its loss.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 12, 2005
Awards
Atlantic born and raised
This is something I have ran across a lot in the past. I always had to go back to the area where I put the ship in the water, log off and log on.. then the pet was there.

The hard part? Remembering exactly where ya put the damn ship in the water....

Reactions: PageBoy

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
Since the Pet Revamp I've lost 2 pets... 1 a lesser hiryu I'd just spent 2 days trying to get the midnight blue one... then had already trained it up 1 level thankfully I didn't use scrolls... then the second was the hardest and I'm still heartbroken over it.... I lost my Pink Hiryu at a player event with the PEC when it suddenly went wild 2 min into the event... I'd just taken it out of the stable... fed it lored it all was good... went to the event said "All kill" 1 time..... and it went wild just like that..

Still haven't been able to replace her and I'm just sick over it. I tell you the idea of losing another pet makes me just sick and not want to play my tamers which for me is 90% of my game play. If I'm not using my archer I'm on a Tamer...

So yeah... hearing about you all having pets just vanish from ships makes me not want to continue doing this event. I've had my unicorn board a few ships but the simple log in log out has worked... I had a fire drake fall off the boat into the water but again the simple log in log out brought him back to me... I do NOT suggest repeatedly calling your pet... this will make them unhappy EXTREMELY fast. If they go off ship and you want them back just log in log out.

Reactions: Lord Frodo

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
I lost my Pink Hiryu at a player event with the PEC when it suddenly went wild 2 min into the event... I'd just taken it out of the stable... fed it lored it all was good... went to the event said "All kill" 1 time..... and it went wild just like that.
Sounds like the event had mobs that could cause a pet to go wild. Dragon type pets (which a Hiryu is) in particular are vulnerable to it. Mobs like the Serpentine Dragon and Skeletal Dragons used to be able to make tamed Draconic pets go wild. They then changed them to instead have a 20% chance to deal triple melee damage to pets. Some EM event mobs though, like the Crimson and Platinum Dragons, can still make Draconic pets go wild, so be very careful bringing anything vulnerable to Dragon Slayer to an event.

Also be careful of mobs that can Discord you. If a mob Discords you, and drops your Taming/Lore skill, if you try to command your pet, it can go wild very quickly. Why Bards are a big No-No at Travesty, since she can copy skills. Juo'nar on the Roof has a Discord like effect with his necrotic touch, so don't try commanding your pet during then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tabby Kapak

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far I've been lucky, however I've seen all kinds of pets on boats in the hunting areas.

It would be handy if the server lines would show up better so you dont accidently cross them when you dont want to. HOWEVER, its highly disappointing we still have all our containers slammed shut after all these years... having to set up everything again. I guess some things can not be fixed. Then they should do something to warn us. Not to mention on a North/South line.

Just an FYI, NPC ships cant cross server lines. If there was a way to mark the line, then you could automadicly stop and just keep with them.

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mar 19, 2004
I lost my oldest dragon two days ago. She was given to me when first greater dragons spawned. I spent many the month working with her to get her skills up. Alas! She flew off the ship, never to return. I hope she found happiness in the place where dragons go when they vanish. I did everything possible to try to retrieve her, even asking for GM assistance. But of course, they cannot replace irreplaceable pets.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I lost my oldest dragon two days ago. I spent many the month working with her to get her skills up. Alas! She flew off the ship, never to return. I hope she found happiness in the place where dragons go when they vanish.
Wouldnt that be something... if these lost pets went in to some kind of "pound" and Game Masters would actually help you get them back. :)

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Apr 13, 2015
Awards
Drakelord#5598
Since the first words of pet loss during these event I made sure to not have my tamer on a boat with a pet till we have "CONTACT" with a stationary target like a beacon, I been avoiding the battles with pirate ships while doing so. I run two clients (Duo PC) an archer/mage who has the boat with cannons and a tamer mage with a frost dragon. The tamer remains at home ready to recall aboard when the Archer has find a target worthly of our attention. As soon as the beacon falls the tamer and pet recalls off the boat to home/city stables once more. I would strongly suggest to not have the pet on board till you are ready to fight, either recalling in with a pet or using the pet ball to summon it to your location to fight.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 18, 2004
NPC ships can and do cross server lines. I chase them across often. They cross both the mid-map server lines and the edge of the world server lines they pop you to the other side of the map. It would be interesting to see which one that these are happening at.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 23, 2013
I had a fire drake fall off the boat into the water
When you see that happen, bring your ship close to the pet, then recall to your own ship. You're only moving a short distance, but a bonded pet will go with you to the middle of your ship.

NPC ships cant cross server lines
Yesterday I saw a pirate ship cross the server boundary south of Zento. I pursued.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday I saw a pirate ship cross the server boundary south of Zento. I pursued.
Really? That's insane... but knowing how things sometimes, even in a small %, defy logic... I believe it.

Not that I have 100's of hours of experience doing these hunts, every time they are close to the server line, they tend to bounce back.

I remember them "floundering" back when High Seas was new. Now its just left/right, left-right, left-right to death... N-S, E-W. OR they attack you and try running away sideways or diagonally. Drives me bonkers... but I still win! :) The bounce-back on the server line is a small blessing, considering all the lights going out for a second and closing all the packs. Cant be easy keeping control of the cannons at the same time, if they close during battle.