• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Warning: Guild bug! don't lose your guild

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi All,
Seems there is a nasty guild bug out. I want to get the word out so something will get done about it sooner rather than later. The long and short of it is that one Emissary can take over a guild in one night.

It also seems like it only takes one vote to make your emmy into the guild leader overnight. It happen to my Pac guild, :( I could not believe it, after all it takes a majority (ie,51%) of the guild to vote in a new guild leader. So I tested it out on a guild I am in on another shard, and guess what? My former emmy is now the new guild leader in that guild, on that shard.

What I do not know, is if a member can pull off the same crap. :( I hope not.

Drop those emmys, I hope that will do the trick.

Nyses of Pacific

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi All,
Seems there is a nasty guild bug out. I want to get the word out so something will get done about it sooner rather than later. The long and short of it is that one Emissary can take over a guild in one night.

It also seems like it only takes one vote to make your emmy into the guild leader overnight. It happen to my Pac guild, :( I could not believe it, after all it takes a majority (ie,51%) of the guild to vote in a new guild leader. So I tested it out on a guild I am in on another shard, and guess what? My former emmy is now the new guild leader in that guild, on that shard.

What I do not know, is if a member can pull off the same crap. :( I hope not.

Drop those emmys, I hope that will do the trick.

Nyses of Pacific
P.S. I have reported this to the bugs feedback on UO.com

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
This may not be a bug. Awhile back they put in a way to help old guilds whose guild masters no longer play. You need a majority of the characters who have logged in the last 30 days to be GM of the guild.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This may not be a bug. Awhile back they put in a way to help old guilds whose guild masters no longer play. You need a majority of the characters who have logged in the last 30 days to be GM of the guild.
Ya, I remember the changes, our guild master had been on in the last 30 days, as had about 30 other emissaries, not to mention about 200 plus other members/characters, that was just in the last 30 days. They did demote members to ronins, so no vote, but over 30 emmys had been on.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While they are checking into this issue, they should consider making guildies unable to steal from or loot or kill each other in Trammel ruleset. Or at the very least require people to check a box to enable this if they want to train stealing in Tram and such.

As for losing ownership of your guild, I was on two of my accounts and traded ownership of a guild from one account to the other, went to original GM on the account that owned the guild to promote that character up to emissary and she already was.

This didn't happen on the other guild I did the same thing with between accounts. The original GM was now just a member and I had to promote her up to emissary.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How does one go and reverse this? I checked my guilds and have lost one....annoying