• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wand of Warding reward?

mihali

Sage
What does it do? How do folks use it? Transmog target? Also does it do something by itself? Takes a shield slot (left hand), and also looks imbuable like a shield.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In CC it kinda looks like this. But would be better if it were a light source.

1681874912849.png

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Holy Crap!! It's the UO version of Will Ferrell's Buddy the Elf!! I bet you end up buying a name change token now..... You're welcome :) lol.
that is so funny.
The Grinch is wearing the Darden Armor set.
when you equip it, certain items go invisible in the EC.
If i had the soles of providence on, then it looks like he isn't wearing any pants.
(which is probably why he does lot of community service on Sonoma, where he has to be the elf in December hehe)

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for posting this because I had no clue, same as you. Now...if I can only find out what transmogrify is. I think it is converting gear to gargoyle but not sure.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Thanks for posting this because I had no clue, same as you. Now...if I can only find out what transmogrify is. I think it is converting gear to gargoyle but not sure.
a potion from the store that converts stats from a source object onto something from the same slot
(currently they have them for robe, shield and head slots)

example: transfer stats from hawkwinds to an evening gown
hooks shield to the wand of warding

1682283333183.png

I usually purchase mine on Atlantic for around 60M

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
a potion from the store that converts stats from a source object onto something from the same slot
(currently they have them for robe, shield and head slots)

example: transfer stats from hawkwinds to an evening gown
hooks shield to the wand of warding

View attachment 143053

I usually purchase mine on Atlantic for around 60M
I wish they had available on test because some things randomly can't be done

mihali

Sage
Transmogrify potions, pet costumes and the like are meager efforts to try kill gold in the game. Supposedly efforts to control the gold massive bloat, they are still one rain drop in the massive ocean bucket. But they offer some gold to the game existence and some pixel serotonin pleasure to the buyers.
Sadly, 60 M etc are respectable amounts of gold, and require dilligent effort to amass, for a tabard or a shield, and offer no extra functionality, just as intended. Just like all deco items I gather. Still all is good, for the folks that enjoy Deco.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Transmogrify potions, pet costumes and the like are meager efforts to try kill gold in the game. Supposedly efforts to control the gold massive bloat, they are still one rain drop in the massive ocean bucket. But they offer some gold to the game existence and some pixel serotonin pleasure to the buyers.
Sadly, 60 M etc are respectable amounts of gold, and require dilligent effort to amass, for a tabard or a shield, and offer no extra functionality, just as intended. Just like all deco items I gather. Still all is good, for the folks that enjoy Deco.
The potions are bought with RL money from the UO store. They are not an attempt to remove gold from the game. They were asked for because we said the Hawkwinds robes were ugly. So they made a way to turn those into tabards. That idea became so popular that they made a potion for 3 slots and new items to use for some of the slots.

Nothing about these potions removes money from the game.

Cinderella giving gold to another player for an item from the store, does not remove gold from the game.

mihali

Sage
It seems you are correct. I am just perplexed why would someone buy them fro the store, then sell them in game. I would assume a legal way of transforming $$ to UO gold, vs someone bought a few too many, now they are selling the extras. I see, so this process just moves gold around, not eliminate from the game, it just does so for the end buyer. Does the rates system act in a similar fashion, i.e. just move gold around?
I also wonder what type of process would just remove gold in large amounts from the game. So far what is available, bribing BODs, vendors fees, npc dealers fees seem very tiny to have any impact. Are there any other things in game that could make a dent? I.e a decent gold sink? (I hope Im not opening a Pandora's Box).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It seems you are correct. I am just perplexed why would someone buy them fro the store, then sell them in game. I would assume a legal way of transforming $$ to UO gold, vs someone bought a few too many, now they are selling the extras. I see, so this process just moves gold around, not eliminate from the game, it just does so for the end buyer. Does the rates system act in a similar fashion, i.e. just move gold around?
I also wonder what type of process would just remove gold in large amounts from the game. So far what is available, bribing BODs, vendors fees, npc dealers fees seem very tiny to have any impact. Are there any other things in game that could make a dent? I.e a decent gold sink? (I hope Im not opening a Pandora's Box).
Gold sinks are another topic which will get many opinions. Gold sinks will only hurt the players with low amounts of gold and reward those with a lot of gold. Lets say they introduced a Mount that would cost 1 plat. Would you be able to buy one? Would that make a dent in the rich UO players gold and plat account?

Yes selling UO store items is basically legal RMT.

mihali

Sage
Gold sinks are another topic which will get many opinions. Gold sinks will only hurt the players with low amounts of gold and reward those with a lot of gold. Lets say they introduced a Mount that would cost 1 plat. Would you be able to buy one? Would that make a dent in the rich UO players gold and plat account?

Yes selling UO store items is basically legal RMT.
Exactly. Gold sinks and uber exp. in game items would be reachable only by the uber rich, not by most of the regular players. Agree that 1 plat purchase may not make any kind of dent, but imagine 20,000 or more such purchases over 1 year of something in game, maybe a prestige shiny item or what. Would that make a dent?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Exactly. Gold sinks and uber exp. in game items would be reachable only by the uber rich, not by most of the regular players. Agree that 1 plat purchase may not make any kind of dent, but imagine 20,000 or more such purchases over 1 year of something in game, maybe a prestige shiny item or what. Would that make a dent?
Duping must be stopped first..