• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wammy`s next on the Chopping Block?

G

gjohnson5

I wouldn't drop anatomy on my wraith samurai template
Evasion requires anatomy (well atleast a decent working evasion)

I would remove focus or resisting spells

C

Connor_Graham

I don't have anatomy, focus, or magic resist.
Nor do I.

To the OP-

If you would like to know an alternate template for a Sampire or Wammy, send me a PM and I'll give you the information.

Seems I've been doing a lot of that the past few days. :D

G

gjohnson5

I don't have anatomy, focus, or magic resist.
So you 2 just dont use evasion or just deal with a partially working one?
I was using the vampire with jewelry and am reworking my tempalte as well and to use wraith form , you now need spirit speak. If you drop anatomy , then your damage is fairly heavily reduced and evasion has shortened duration.

My thinking is the parry / evasion isn't very effective anyway. I was going to try putting 40 ninjitsu points on my samurai and use mirror image . Hoefully the 40 ninjitsu points doesn't make the warriors damage drop like most ninjitsu people complain about

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since, Sampires have been on the chopping block.

Nothing happened to Sampires. I already have the new template and armor prepped for when the change goes live. It will be a seamless transition.

If you played a sampire you should be able to figure this out..

G

gjohnson5

Nothing happened to Sampires. I already have the new template and armor prepped for when the change goes live. It will be a seamless transition.

If you played a sampire you should be able to figure this out..
In terms of points , sampires would be weaker if they carried 100 necromancy. If you carried both your fighting skills must be low...

I dont wanna run with alot of +necromanct skill jewelry because that would take away from dci/hci/di/lmc etc

The template would be become alot weaker
Something did happen... It's calleda nerf LOLOLOL

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In terms of points , sampires would be weaker if they carried 100 necromancy. If you carried both your fighting skills must be low...

I dont wanna run with alot of +necromanct skill jewelry because that would take away from dci/hci/di/lmc etc

The template would be become alot weaker
Something did happen... It's calleda nerf LOLOLOL
Nope.. you're wrong. And after reading your other posts its pretty clear you don't know what your talking about.

You don't need HCI on a sampire. You don't need LMC on a sampire. To be honest, you can even get away with 60 DI between talisman and weapon.

The template is not weaker, you just have to acheive it in a different way.

G

gjohnson5

Nope.. you're wrong. And after reading your other posts its pretty clear you don't know what your talking about.

You don't need HCI on a sampire. You don't need LMC on a sampire. To be honest, you can even get away with 60 DI between talisman and weapon.

The template is not weaker, you just have to acheive it in a different way.

Sounds like your sampire is weak.

IMHO you don't know what the benefits of many modifiers are in the game either
No way I'm sacrificing HCI and damage increase just to wear +necromancy jewelry

You're the one who's wrong

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Um, negative. I'm pretty sure Lynk knows what he's talking about. And I agree with him. HCI is unnecessary, mana leech and lightning strike makes it useless for PvM. LMC is pretty useless too, as an elf with 10 int you still have 30 mana at all times, which is more than enough for every thing you'll use a sampire. All that's really necessary is dex bonus, damage increase, defense chance increase, and resists.

C

Connor_Graham

I'd have to agree with this wholeheartedly. I make it a solid rule not to use +skill items in suit building. Not only do they take up slots of much more beneficial mods, any rework of the template is going to require the entire suit be redone.

Even with the upcoming change to Vamp form my suit has remained exactly the same. In fact, the only thing I swap when switching between a Sampire and a Wammy are the ring/brace so I can take advantage of not needing the extra fire resist on them in favor of other more preferential mods, and swapping Anatomy for Spirit Speak. A matter of minutes instead of hours or even days.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Who says it has to be +necromancy? Plenty of +30 skill jewels with DCI and DMG. The skills just have to be in your template. I do enough dmg with 60 DI to solo a dreadhorn.