• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WAIT on Pub 74. BOD Bribery gold sink.

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With each bribe an NPC accepts, it increases a cost multiplier applied to future bribes. So, after being bribed 100 times, he will charge 100 times as much as the base price. Each NPC tracks its own bribe multiplier, so there is benefit to shopping around. Each NPC is initialized with a random cost multiplier between 0 and 10. (If you catch an NPC with a very low cost multiplier, he could do an upgrade for you for free!).

The cost multiplier decays extremely slowly. If an NPC is not bribed at all in an entire month, its bribe cost multiplier will only decay by about half.

Over time, the NPC bribe prices should rise up to whatever the market will bear.

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll test this out on test center and we can see what the max cost can be per Smith bod, I'll report back.
There is no hard cap.

The nature of the "guild heat" also makes it difficult to drive one NPC's greed factor up too fast, because they have to take a 2 to 3 hour timeout after taking a few bribes in a short timeframe.

Keep in mind that the cost multiplier goes up when any bribe is accepted, while the base value for the bribe is based on the current material, quantity, quality, and large-ness of the deed. Large deeds with higher level materials have larger base prices, while small deeds with lower level materials have lower base prices.

So, if an NPC takes a bunch of small bribes for upgrading small iron BoDs, his price on the large verite ones goes up very rapidly.

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, as was recently posted elsewhere, we have managed to fix the issues that forced us to deactivate Runic Re-Forging before publishing to Origin. Re-Forging now appears to be set to go live with Pub 74, and that will radically improve the usefulness of all levels of all runics.

The addition of Runic Re-Forging and the addition of BOD Bribery are intended to work together, both to increase the usefulness and the availability of runic hammers and sewing kits of all types.

I think the prices for those is anybody's guess right now. If I had to wager, I'd say the going rate for runic sewing kits is gonna go up and the going rate for high-end runic hammers is gonna drop.