• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

VvV Virtue vs who???

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When at least 2, non-allied VvV players are logged into the game a random Virtue City will be open for battle.

There should be at least 10 non-allied players logged in, and not just logged in, they need to be in fel. It should NEVER be possible to win a city unchallenged.

Please amend.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, the problem isn't with the mechanics of the city fights (other than the gump that is the size of Texas that can't be closed)... the problem is with the incentive to get the VvV players to care about the city.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why don't the devs setup vvv where the controlling parties can control certain buffs similar to the town loyalty buffs. That would give some motivation towards controlling the cities wouldn't it?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, the problem isn't with the mechanics of the city fights (other than the gump that is the size of Texas that can't be closed)... the problem is with the incentive to get the VvV players to care about the city.
Well, a lot of people use supernova potions, we just need to limit the city to 10+ members in fel. People won't bother fighting over the cities if they can just log on at any hour of the day when the shard is dead and farm points all day long.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please make this change. I';ve been in VvV and I have alliance friends that are in it. But most of the time when I'm doing "trammy stuff" like Trade Quests, I have to wait out the entire 20 minutes or however long that ridiculous battle is, when there's no one fighting it. It's beyond annoying. It shouldn't start unless there's a reasonable amount of members on , 2 or less is not reasonable.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why don't the devs setup vvv where the controlling parties can control certain buffs similar to the town loyalty buffs. That would give some motivation towards controlling the cities wouldn't it?
Because that would make it enjoyable content with a thought out plan behind it.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, a lot of people use supernova potions, we just need to limit the city to 10+ members in fel. People won't bother fighting over the cities if they can just log on at any hour of the day when the shard is dead and farm points all day long.
With proper incentives PvPers WOULD fight in the cities (better than yew moongate). Right now there is NO incentive to do towns other than points for mounts and supernovas... which are honestly easier for PvPers to buy off the scripters who run the stealth guys or cycling through newb characters once per week. Bring the fight back to the cities and you fix both problems.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I have an account dedicated to cycling points for novas...it really was a poorly executed plan. All I do is create a toon, claim novas and then delete them afterwards once the time is up. I have ZERO need for towns outside of Mounts. I can get enough points for my mount basically in 1 battle claiming alters and keeping my guy invis'd so I don't accumulate the points bar. Right now it's more of a nuisance than anything else. It really does need to be re-addressed and hopefully soon! Maybe the devs can overlook my ban from the focus group. Wouldn't mind contributing again. Oh and this time, don't let people it be 90% trammel based players

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and this time, don't let people it be 90% trammel based players
You gotta kiss ass a bit better to be involved in PvP focus groups. Interesting how the pets, gold sellers and board nerds are the only ones allowed into a pvp focus group tho. That's like letting me into your RP focus group I'd turn dost thou into yo pancake so fast!

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP focus group? What on earth is that? Is that when a handful of people who don't pvp get together and discuss how to fix problems for those who do pvp?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
VvV is such a let down from the start. Why do I want to defend a town that has zero interest to me? If you had to have a certain amount of kills (not points) to use the town buff then it might make it more lively?

I wish it was based in dungeons and more specifically the dungeons with champ spawns.

Would be great if you login and get the VvV message that a certain champion has risen, go and kill it. So you go to the dungeon, the champ is up whoever kills it first gets the points and scrolls etc.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
VvV is such a let down from the start. Why do I want to defend a town that has zero interest to me? If you had to have a certain amount of kills (not points) to use the town buff then it might make it more lively?

I wish it was based in dungeons and more specifically the dungeons with champ spawns.

Would be great if you login and get the VvV message that a certain champion has risen, go and kill it. So you go to the dungeon, the champ is up whoever kills it first gets the points and scrolls etc.
Well as we all know the problem is if they did that we would have to do a quest that requires this resource that requires us to take anther quest that you have to do before you can have entry to the area to get the item needed to do the first quest after that you go back to the second quest collect all 100 keys so you finish the third quest after about a week you can do the last quest if the keys timers don't run out which is randon from 1 second to 1 week ( yes luck plays a part maybe ! not sure dev team doesn't even know ) now you finished the quest and collect all the items you have 1 1,000,000,000 chance at getting the first puzzal done in .05 seconds if not start the hole proces over ???

Is this fun ?

I think not

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well as we all know the problem is if they did that we would have to do a quest that requires this resource that requires us to take anther quest that you have to do before you can have entry to the area to get the item needed to do the first quest after that you go back to the second quest collect all 100 keys so you finish the third quest after about a week you can do the last quest if the keys timers don't run out which is randon from 1 second to 1 week ( yes luck plays a part maybe ! not sure dev team doesn't even know ) now you finished the quest and collect all the items you have 1 1,000,000,000 chance at getting the first puzzal done in .05 seconds if not start the hole proces over ???

Is this fun ?

I think not
LOL! Seems to be the thought process nowdays...

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran

Message that a champ is up............RAID RADAR? hahahahaha I like this one!!

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only time we have ten vvv players on at the same time is during an EM event, and they're at the event, not in a vvv town.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Baja. Leave VvV as it is.
Or, make the changes you want, but provide an alternate means to getting the decorative items that does not require additional people.

While we're talking about things that take additional people, Justice needs to change. All the former actual reds have used a Royal Forged Pardon. The only way to gain Justice now is to have two accounts.

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People used to care about sigils to have reg vendors and more... keeping people awake until server down and up.... build the right system, they will come.

I enjoyed being the winner of uo (Great Lakes version) to be the last holder of sigils before the VVV system. *grins* Oh, and TB sucked more than the Chicago Bears, cept their thieves!
http://[IMG]http://i65.***********/2luqom0.png[/IMG] http://i65.***********/2luqom0.png

Blitzkrieg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Factions were so fun, I never understood why they werent more popular. On Catskills we had, at the end, maybe 5-6 active faction members. Dont know why they had to get rid of it, why not have both VVV and factions? I was a chaos/shadowlords members for a while before choas/order went away. It seemed like with VvV they sought to bring the best of both systems into play. It hasnt been horrible, but it does seem kind of pointless now.