• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

VvV mounts, really?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no delay to remount after dismount. Just stupid.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't tested that yet, but if that's true its over powered... Out of curiosity does it by pass the No-Dachi (sp?) dismount timer where you have to heal your pet to remount (if that still is in effect?)

-Lore's Player

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bypasses no dachi, and you can mount it even if its poisoned. I was even able to mount when it was parad.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk is right =D
I did have alot of fun with it...instant remount on youre DP'ed mount after dismount...Enemy wernt so happy about that..but good lulz, and alot of players were harmed in the process..haha
I testet this using a War ostard, cant say if the horise is bugged.. (I used archer..)

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Next time there is a focus group, im gonna join it..Seems like our focus group haven't testet jack ****..

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Next time there is a focus group, im gonna join it..Seems like our focus group haven't testet jack ****..
Right, because the Focus Group was there to TEST stuff. Hence the name, FOCUS GROUP.

This is 100% obviously a bug, in fact if you go to Developer Feed, Kyronix has a post about them being aware of the current bugs, and the fact you can also seemingly mount your horse when its dead.

Skalazar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Solus you should really stop your endless crusade to justify VvV. It is quite clearly bad let it die and find some other terrible system to fight for.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Solus you should really stop your endless crusade to justify VvV. It is quite clearly bad let it die and find some other terrible system to fight for.
And you have done nothing but bad mouth it from day 1.

Atlantic has been very busy since the publish and quite a few people seem to be enjoying it.

But none of that matters in a thread about an obvious bug.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right, because the Focus Group was there to TEST stuff. Hence the name, FOCUS GROUP.

This is 100% obviously a bug, in fact if you go to Developer Feed, Kyronix has a post about them being aware of the current bugs, and the fact you can also seemingly mount your horse when its dead.
So how does this make you feel ? DEVS just releasing BUGGED stuff to the public !?
No wonder why duping, hacking, etc etc is still an issuse, when noone even borther to test simple stuff like this.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So how does this make you feel ? DEVS just releasing BUGGED stuff to the public !?
No wonder why duping, hacking, etc etc is still an issuse, when noone even borther to test simple stuff like this.
Considering none of the people on TC seemed to have noticed or reported the issue.....

Yes, lets blame the Devs some more.

** I never used the horses. Anyone I fought never mounted them under odd circumstances.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Atlantic has been very busy since the publish and quite a few people seem to be enjoying it.

Why do you keep defending VvV ?
I have fun playing in VvV on europa. I don't think people will find enough intrest in it for more than a few weeks..
I already find it quite boring running from alter to alter..

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering none of the people on TC seemed to have noticed or reported the issue.....

Yes, lets blame the Devs some more.

** I never used the horses. Anyone I fought never mounted them under odd circumstances.
It takes no magic to see this BUG.
I play archer, its very commen for an archer to dismount (atleast it is on europa).
People dont like this, so they will usually poison youre pet..
This is very commen, and its a miracle noone has spottet this while testing VvV in large battles on TC1.
I'm not the most clever man in the world, but it didnt take me more than 5min to figure out, after i dismounted the first.. I didnt test if this issue is only related to beeing on VvV mounts.
It could be related to the bola nerf, but i dont really think its my job to find out.
I pay good $$$ for my account every month, and it p*sses me off when they just release bugged stuff.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It takes no magic to see this BUG.
I play archer, its very commen for an archer to dismount (atleast it is on europa).
People dont like this, so they will usually poison youre pet..
This is very commen, and its a miracle noone has spottet this while testing VvV in large battles on TC1.
So all the time you were complaining about VvV while it was on TC you never witnessed this bug?

Or....You never tested VvV on TC.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't speak for this focus group, but I have been in focus groups before, and will allow as to the testing done is usually specific, ranging from rather to very.

Access to full systems is not the norm, and I think most reasonable folks can understand why that might be, even if there are some relatively small bugs that make it through the pipeline. And lets face it, while having an opponent mount a a conflicted, damaged... whatever, mount in the heat of battle is clearly not intended, if it is your first time to witness folks doing something that should be impossible, then this must be your first rodeo.

I remain interested in seeing what comes of the new system.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another bug, I just got dismounted off my new vvv red war horse, and I couldnt remount was getting message : this isnt your mount, it refuses to let it ride...
Yay its not my mount anymore..
Jeez , i Cant beleive all these bugs went thru to the prod shards...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another bug, I just got dismounted off my new vvv red war horse, and I couldnt remount was getting message : this isnt your mount, it refuses to let it ride...
Yay its not my mount anymore..
Jeez , i Cant beleive all these bugs went thru to the prod shards...
Quickblade, do you think that might mean it needs a dose of that special VvV pet potion? I wonder if that could cause that message.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe people should be testing it when it's available to test, instead of doing nothing, then complaining when it goes live with bugs :D.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I reported this before it went world wide ( I found it in test ) but i wasnt going to report it. However I changed my mind.

You can see how far it got. I think itrocks. People who rely on dismount in pPvP just got a temp nerf. They may actually need to learn hiw to PvP. *gasp*

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I reported this before it went world wide ( I found it in test ) but i wasnt going to report it. However I changed my mind.

You can see how far it got. I think itrocks. People who rely on dismount in pPvP just got a temp nerf. They may actually need to learn hiw to PvP. *gasp*
Just curious as to the channels you used to report it. Sometimes some channels work better than others.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just curious as channels you used to report it. Sometimes some channels work better than others.
Well man I used the bug submit form and then again on here on startics in a thread kyronix was in.
not sure the best avenue they dont seem to answer to any of them.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its a bug it will be fixed.

complain all you want ... even if you did not bother to assist on tc1.. your helping now. Ty

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well man I used the bug submit form and then again on here on startics in a thread kyronix was in.
not sure the best avenue they dont seem to answer to any of them.
Okay, thanks. Just wondering. Sometimes you get that feedback, and sometimes you don't. Long stretches where it seems like no one is listening can be disheartening. And, I have experienced that. But, I think the team has been getting a lot of feedback over the last week, and been too busy to personally respond to everything.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Okay, thanks. Just wondering. Sometimes you get that feedback, and sometimes you don't. Long stretches where it seems like no one is listening can be disheartening. And, I have experienced that. But, I think the team has been getting a lot of feedback over the last week, and been too busy to personally respond to everything.
That could be it, when i asked about changes before publishing Kyronix said they had no plans for the particular changes. This told me they were done working on it and were shoving it out the door. It is very likely the team was fried. But in the same turn, fixing bugs is part of the gig regardless of workload.

Either way hope they get some rest. Looking forward to wwhat's coming up next.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hold on a second, I don't think it's right to blame the players for not noticing things on test centre. I have no idea why this was only on test for about a week, and why would we all test things that worked fine before. Are we supposed to test ALL things that were working that might now be bugged??
Also, there are a lot of things that actually were reported as bugged and we pleaded please don't publish until the bugs are fixed but they still released.

Lets take stat loss, we all presumed the 2 minute stat loss was purely for testing purposes.

Also if you look at the bug list, there are bugs going back to 2012 that have not been fixed. What more can we, the responsible fee payers do?

Like, they ADDED blackthorns castle to the crystal teleporting ball, yet failed to fix the bug that you can recall out of blackthorns in fel. This has been on the bug list for a while.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe people should be testing it when it's available to test, instead of doing nothing, then complaining when it goes live with bugs :D.
Or maybe, since I don't pay to test noob developers games, they could test it themselves and not put out bugs...?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something here from Voltaire about best and good being enemies. Yeah, something like that.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Or maybe, since I don't pay to test noob developers games, they could test it themselves and not put out bugs...?
Apparently you pay to pancake about bugs, rather than taking the time to help the developers AND other players.

Yep... I know the kind.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently you pay to pancake about bugs, rather than taking the time to help the developers AND other players.

Yep... I know the kind.
Well lets use everyone else's excuse that is used for them in situations like these mmkay? "ITS NOT MY JOB TO HELP THEM FIX THEIR BUGS." But just so you're aware, I was here, and on test, commenting on the whole thing. I did voice my opinion. I'd love to see metrics on how many people who actually commented and "helped" design the system actually play it. Wouldn't you? Because the audience that actually plays in fel, doesn't really come here to comment on systems that are made for them much. There is such a thing in development as "knowing your target audience." Then there's the other thing that goes with it. "Targeting them effectively."

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, there are a lot of things that actually were reported as bugged and we pleaded please don't publish until the bugs are fixed but they still released.

Lets take stat loss, we all presumed the 2 minute stat loss was purely for testing purposes.

Also if you look at the bug list, there are bugs going back to 2012 that have not been fixed. What more can we, the responsible fee payers do?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So all the time you were complaining about VvV while it was on TC you never witnessed this bug?

Or....You never tested VvV on TC.
I did some testing on TC for around 1 day..
Do bear in mind, i wernt part of this focus group :)

Skalazar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

The concept of VvV has been terrible from day 1 when it originally had something to do with Shrines. Cities are a slight improvement but still a dumb idea.
I have expressed issues with flagging since day 1 and it's still an issue. It's a joke this was rushed off of Test Center and its an even further embarrassment this idea made it out of the concept stage. Mesanna should be fired for allowing this to happen.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't be serious..We pay for this, and we also need to test it ??
If they paid for my account, i would't mind spending some hours now and then hacking the game..

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...have you not read all of the posts about people who did find bugs, yet they released VvV anyway? dude, people on Test, in the focus group, they did test, they did check things out. the devs dropped the ball. so stop pancakes at Promathia...it's pointless. the only thing that matters is the devs pushed VvV out before it was ready. you can say whatever you want about VvV not having a chance to be successful, but that's the only thing that matters. I don't care if it comes out of the oven burnt chicken lizard egg, let's all just agree VvV was not ready to come out of the oven.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they paid for my account, i would't mind spending some hours now and then hacking the game..
most major games let alone UO have experimental test clients with happy player volunteers who want to see the new stuff first and test it out. seriously why u mad bro?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
most major games let alone UO have experimental test clients with happy player volunteers who want to see the new stuff first and test it out. seriously why u mad bro?
I'm not mad, just a bit sad to see the game i really like, beeing destroyed by bad developers, and even worse managers.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...have you not read all of the posts about people who did find bugs, yet they released VvV anyway? dude, people on Test, in the focus group, they did test, they did check things out. the devs dropped the ball. so stop pancakes at Promathia...it's pointless. the only thing that matters is the devs pushed VvV out before it was ready. you can say whatever you want about VvV not having a chance to be successful, but that's the only thing that matters. I don't care if it comes out of the oven burnt chicken lizard egg, let's all just agree VvV was not ready to come out of the oven.
I only "pancake" at Promathia, because he really thinks this VvV is god's gift to UO.. I aparently dont think so :)
Guess we are stuck with this incomplete VvV system :(

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe if we all were like the loud squeaky wheels here we'd be heard. "Oh Messanna, can I have your pixel crack baby?" How's that? Did I not clean the spot I kissed good enough? I am playing VvV. It was a fairly sound plan using existing tech/code, and breathing a bit of life into an old broken system. Is it ok? Sure it's ok. I'm playing it, but the ONLY reason I'm playing it is because I A: Get to kill more noobs. And B: Get to use faction armor on the cheap. So basically... I'm playing factions with a 2 minute stat loss timer that never hits me because I NEVER die. Or blue moon rarely. Stat loss is an arbitrary punishment that no one even remembers why it was implemented. There's 8 people fighting at any time. Take it out already. It's boring and silly. You don't want to PUNISH people for pvp. You want to REWARD them for pvp. You don't WANT them to pay more when they die, you want them to pay LESS so they PVP MORE. Stat loss isn't "fun." by anyone's definition of the word. Then while you're at it, fix the buff bar icons that are broken. And please, for the love of god, stop giving people timelines for releases. Who cares when it's out? "When it's done." is a perfectly acceptable answer. Talk to ID Software. Then have Stratics the "unofficial" official website for UO stop telling people to shut up in pm and deleting their perfectly acceptable posts. And we'll be on the road to recovery.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
.... do you think paying players don't test other games, have you ever heard of Public Test Realm (PTR) for Blizzard games?

Yes I was serious, they go through the same issues.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.... do you think paying players don't test other games, have you ever heard of Public Test Realm (PTR) for Blizzard games?

Yes I was serious, they go through the same issues.
Have you ever heard about Quality assurance ?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am playing VvV. It was a fairly sound plan using existing tech/code, and breathing a bit of life into an old broken system. Is it ok? Sure it's ok. I'm playing it, but the ONLY reason I'm playing it is because I A: Get to kill more noobs. And B: Get to use faction armor on the cheap. So basically... I'm playing factions with a 2 minute stat loss timer that never hits me because I NEVER die. Or blue moon rarely. Stat loss is an arbitrary punishment that no one even remembers why it was implemented. There's 8 people fighting at any time. Take it out already. It's boring and silly. You don't want to PUNISH people for pvp. You want to REWARD them for pvp. You don't WANT them to pay more when they die, you want them to pay LESS so they PVP MORE. Stat loss isn't "fun." by anyone's definition of the word.
Yessss.

I don't know, towns are better than shrines, and they did listen to our core, xtransfer concerns of having a relatively cheap, item focused factions replacement. But to me, I want 1-3 places to fight, in addition to the removal of stat. I know everyone knows what I have to say at this point--pushing for more of a MOBA style mini-game within UO, which we got in part through the Covetous re-vamp--but to me, that's a winning model, because a MOBA is geared around 10 players and on most shards that'll be what we get, at the most. Because if you make VvV too large, too many towns or regions, then champ spawn people die, and while it's nice to be able to farm silver easily and get items easily, having only one or a few places to fight makes the fighting worth more. Otherwise you have an incentive-driven PvP experience in which everyone has met the incentive and there's nothing left but a lack of competition.

I know people like their items, but with the loot changes (again, with the loot changes), everyone short of an imbuer should have a relatively easy time gearing up w/o VvV items...and I continue to dislike a PvP system which is based on item incentives and penalized by stat. Of course, being able to mount a ghost horse should probably be the first thing on the agenda ;P and then maybe there could be a restructure...but eh. I would love to see a battle arena that was made specifically for VvV, not a town, not a dungeon that has been changed for a Halloween fight, a new structure/place specifically hand designed for combat. One place to kill them all ;).