• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

VvV Comments

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix ,

Speaking as GM of my guild:

Is there a way for a guild to join VvV and yet keep the safety of their non-pvp players with the addition of a PvP flag switch? I like many others will not join my guild to VvV if I cannot ensure the safety of the 50% of my members that do not have PvP skill but wish to do more PvM-based game play. So I am wondering if any thought has been given to adding a PvP switch to individual characters with a timer on it of say 15 minutes? I know other games do this and do it well, DAOC is one. I think the addition such a thing would answer a LOT of prayers by the looks of this thread.

Could you speak to how something like this might be implemented or why it is not able to be implemented?

Speaking as Alliance Leader for my alliances:

I think a guild that wishes to join VvV that is part of alliance (a member or leading guild) should be able to do so without hindrance. Those guilds would flag ORANGE to other VvV guilds, yet remain GREEN to alliance guilds that do not participate in VvV.

A guild that does NOT subscribe to VvV could possibly flag GREEN to their VvV allies in Trammel-based lands and then flag BLUE (like any other non-VvV guild would) in Felucca yet still have access to the alliance chat features?

Could you speak to how something like this might be implemented or why it is not able to be implemented?
There are two ways to go about it, for one thing - if you don't go to Felucca, you can't be attacked in VvV. That being said we are also looking at an individual opt-in/opt-out for members of a guild. However, if you were opted-out of VvV and you enter a battle region you'd be fair game.

We are still working on it, and thanks for the feedback!