• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

VvV Comments

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basically what I understand from VvV is it's going to be a flopped system with less appeal then Yew Gate/Factions/Spawn pvp that's focus team centers around ten people-two of which actually pvp.

I'll put money on VvV being active for the first few weeks because it's "new" and be just as dead as Factions are now. The issue isn't lack of interest in the current PvP systems, it's the cheats/glitches/hacks, dead servers , unbalanced/outdated skills/templates, negative behaviors from the current pvpers that's the issue.

My opinion, developers are wasting their time, instead of a VvV focus group, work on a PvP focus group with players that actually pvp.

Edit: I do appreciate the attempt to take a look at PvP and it's current systems by its devs. Hopefully I'm proven wrong and this does bring back some life to PvP. I'm just not counting on it.
Its fixed major complaints people have about factions already and its only bare-bones on test. the biggest one being stat-loss given by non-faction member.
I agree that this stuff could have been fixed without a total revamp, but we dont even know what all it has. so far its just working out bugs to get the basic stuff working properly. i hear the reward for taking a town is a glacial horse, so pretty cool.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its fixed major complaints people have about factions already and its only bare-bones on test. the biggest one being stat-loss given by non-faction member.
I agree that this stuff could have been fixed without a total revamp, but we dont even know what all it has. so far its just working out bugs to get the basic stuff working properly. i hear the reward for taking a town is a glacial horse, so pretty cool.
That's the thing, this could be the best addition to the game since it started, but that won't mean anything when it's intended for PvP which is a whole different issue on its own, no matter where or what system it is.

Nothing's being fixed or improved, it's just now giving another option the very small percentage of those who still do pvp under its current settings another place to it aside from Yew Gate, Factions (Which they're replacing with), and Spawns.

Yalp of Zento

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Couple of thoughts on the system..

• Any non-VvV player that aggresses or performs a beneficial act on a VvV player will flag orange to all VvV players.
this will kill the blue/red system and drive players not in the system out of fel. good luck with that.

Add'l thought.. wtf making dismount different timers for ranged vs. melee weapons. PVP players with the dismount hack never get dismounted now. It should be either equal timer for both or mana for dismount special move for ranged should be reduced by 50%

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couple of thoughts on the system..

• Any non-VvV player that aggresses or performs a beneficial act on a VvV player will flag orange to all VvV players.
this will kill the blue/red system and drive players not in the system out of fel. good luck with that.

Add'l thought.. wtf making dismount different timers for ranged vs. melee weapons. PVP players with the dismount hack never get dismounted now. It should be either equal timer for both or mana for dismount special move for ranged should be reduced by 50%
Nah, lets reduce it to 100%, and rename the game to AOL...Archers online..pew pew perma moving shot yay :)

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How is it possible that so many 'supposed' pvpers in this thread and the other VvV threads can keep asking what the rewards are? Who cares what the rewards are if it is good pvp?
How about you start testing and asking questions about the actual pvp mechanics before you start whining for pixel shinies?

Must be the same people that whined about how much factions sucked yet couldn't live without the easily obtained vending machine uber gear they got for doing nothing more then signing up and buying silver :(

How can the devs expect to get any serious or valuable input on a new (or existing) pvp system when they know that the huge majority of people commenting on it are completely biased?

*shakes head*
THIS!!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On July 18th, I posted all of the following questions in the thread about the new publish that had just been released to TC1. While Kyronix did patiently answer my earlier questions about which towns would be included in the system, none of these questions have been addressed. I hope that either he or Bleak will have some time to answer these questions somewhere along the line in the process of finalizing this system.

JOINING/QUITTING
- How long does it take to exit the VvV system and what will the process be? (I'm still confused about whether or not guild leaders will eventually be able to add their entire guild to the system or not. And with factions now, you have to first quit your guild and then quit the faction. You're out in 3 days and you can ask while in Fel what your faction status is to find out how much time remains until you get out.)

- Are all your characters on the same account limited to joining only one side of VvV on any particular shard? (I'm assuming you can have more than one character per account in VvV on the same shard, as was added in 2008 to factions.) If yes, can those characters on the same account and shard be in different guilds?

TRAPS
- Will you go into skill loss if you die from trap damage? If yes, who gets credit for the kill?

- Can you tell us yet how traps are going to be made available when this is fully implemented?

- Can traps retrieved by a disarmer be reused?

- Is the cap of 20 traps the cap for the entire battle, i.e., once 20 traps are placed the first time during a battle, that's it for the entire battle? Or if 5 are disarmed, can an appropriate party put down 5 more in the same battle? Will the traps expire at the end of a battle?

- Is disarming the other side's traps the only way to remove them, i.e., there is no way for anyone on the side that "owns" the traps to pick them up?

OCCLO
- Are you planning to add a permanent moongate on Occlo, at least on Mugen and Siege, so people who participate in a VvV battle there and lose everything they're wearing have a way to get off the island without having to rely on someone else's kindness in casting a gate or maybe having a boat in their bankbox?

SIGILS
- Does the thief need to have 100 real skill in stealing, or can part of their stealing skill come from items?

- Can the thief who stole the sigil hand it off to another character on the same side in the system, even if in another guild? Can they hand it off to a character on the opposing side? (I hope not.)

- Does any character who wants to carry the sigil need to have 100 stealing skill?

-Is there a time limit on how long a character can hold onto a sigil or will it disappear if not handed off to a priest, or if allowed, to another character?

- Will there be any visible indicator to show that a character is holding the sigil?

- If your character kills a character that is holding the sigil, what happens to the sigil? Does it just vanish or does the killer acquire the sigil?

- If you are holding the sigil, how will you know if you are close to stepping outside the city region and are in jeopardy of making the sigil go poof?

- Can you use any spells or abilities to move your character to another location while holding a sigil, e.g., recall, gate, sacred journey, teleport, shadow jump? Can you get in a boat within the city region while holding the sigil?

MISCELLANEOUS
- Can you self-rez while in a VvV area? (Asking because you can't do it now within faction strongholds.)

- Will there be any wandering healers in an active VvV area? (Not asking for this but just wondering about it.)

- What will the rules be regarding using blocking items in an active VvV battle area? Will it be "anything goes," as it is currently within faction strongholds, or will it be the normal rule for outside faction strongholds that you must leave some kind of a path?

- Can you fight members of guilds that belong to the opposing side while outside of Fel even if your guild is not at war with their guild? (I'm only asking this because you made a comment not long ago that made it sound like you'd be able to fight outside of Fel if enrolled in this system.)

- The patch notes say "Stat loss will be applied on death to those players participating in VvV." Is this only true if you were killed by an orange character? Or is true for any death that a VvV participant has anywhere in the game?

- With regard to the statement, "Any non-VvV player that aggresses or performs a beneficial act on a VvV player will flag orange to all VvV players," is this only true in Felucca? Also, will you be able to rez VvV characters using a non-VvV character?

- What does this mean: "There is a 5 minute kill timeout for receiving points for kills"? Does it mean you have to wait 5 minutes between killing the same enemy character to get any points for such kills? Or does it mean something else?

- If you are not in VvV, will there be some way to tell whether another character IS in VvV?

- Do you anticipate MyUO including eventually including any kind of information on characters/guilds in VvV? Also will there be any way eventually to see point accumulations via something like MyUO or will it only be available via a gump accessible to a character in VvV?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You know, so many of your questions can either be tested/checked on TC yourself right now, or have already been answered prior to this.

**Removed my answers for Kyronix's more up to date response

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On July 18th, I posted all of the following questions in the thread about the new publish that had just been released to TC1. While Kyronix did patiently answer my earlier questions about which towns would be included in the system, none of these questions have been addressed. I hope that either he or Bleak will have some time to answer these questions somewhere along the line in the process of finalizing this system.

JOINING/QUITTING
- How long does it take to exit the VvV system and what will the process be? (I'm still confused about whether or not guild leaders will eventually be able to add their entire guild to the system or not. And with factions now, you have to first quit your guild and then quit the faction. You're out in 3 days and you can ask while in Fel what your faction status is to find out how much time remains until you get out.)

This is still currently in development. What's on TC now is only for testing.

- Are all your characters on the same account limited to joining only one side of VvV on any particular shard? (I'm assuming you can have more than one character per account in VvV on the same shard, as was added in 2008 to factions.) If yes, can those characters on the same account and shard be in different guilds?

There are no sides in VvV, teams are based on your guild.

TRAPS
- Will you go into skill loss if you die from trap damage? If yes, who gets credit for the kill?

Yes, the person who placed the trap.

- Can you tell us yet how traps are going to be made available when this is fully implemented?

You will spend silver points (points achieved by participating in the system) to get them.

Yes.

- Is the cap of 20 traps the cap for the entire battle, i.e., once 20 traps are placed the first time during a battle, that's it for the entire battle? Or if 5 are disarmed, can an appropriate party put down 5 more in the same battle? Will the traps expire at the end of a battle?

The limit is 20, and if the count is under the limit more can be placed until the limit is placed. Traps are destroyed at the end of the battles.

- Is disarming the other side's traps the only way to remove them, i.e., there is no way for anyone on the side that "owns" the traps to pick them up?

If you placed it, you can remove it without skill, otherwise you need to use the remove trap skill on a trap that was not placed by your guild.

OCCLO
- Are you planning to add a permanent moongate on Occlo, at least on Mugen and Siege, so people who participate in a VvV battle there and lose everything they're wearing have a way to get off the island without having to rely on someone else's kindness in casting a gate or maybe having a boat in their bankbox.

Worst case scenario they could use the help stuck feature, but we'll look into this suggestion.

SIGILS
- Does the thief need to have 100 real skill in stealing, or can part of their stealing skill come from items?

100 real skill.

- Can the thief who stole the sigil hand it off to another character on the same side in the system, even if in another guild? Can they hand it off to a character on the opposing side? (I hope not.)

There are no sides, it's guild based. Once a thief steals the sigil they can do with it what they want so long as they are not trying to give it to someone that is not a VvV participant, or remove it from the region.

- Does any character who wants to carry the sigil need to have 100 stealing skill?

No.

-Is there a time limit on how long a character can hold onto a sigil or will it disappear if not handed off to a priest, or if allowed, to another character?

Not currently, but we are still evaluating the sigil aspect of the battle and how it works.

- Will there be any visible indicator to show that a character is holding the sigil?

Not currently, but we are still evaluating the sigil aspect of the battle and how it works.

- If your character kills a character that is holding the sigil, what happens to the sigil? Does it just vanish or does the killer acquire the sigil?

The sigil is cursed, it falls into the corpse of the backpack of the person who had it.

- If you are holding the sigil, how will you know if you are close to stepping outside the city region and are in jeopardy of making the sigil go poof?

The regions use standard city regions, we can look into providing a warning.

- Can you use any spells or abilities to move your character to another location while holding a sigil, e.g., recall, gate, sacred journey, teleport, shadow jump? Can you get in a boat within the city region while holding the sigil?

There are no spell limitations, you can get on a boat, although while on a boat you will not be counted towards claiming the city, so you risk another team winning. As I said before, the sigil aspect of the battle is still under evaluation and the system is very much still in development.

MISCELLANEOUS
- Can you self-rez while in a VvV area? (Asking because you can't do it now within faction strongholds.)

There are no current restrictions, however VvV is in an extremely early stage of testing and implementation. and we are evaluating all aspects.

- Will there be any wandering healers in an active VvV area? (Not asking for this but just wondering about it.)

Not likely. Being able to resurrect your dead teammates is part of the battle.

- What will the rules be regarding using blocking items in an active VvV battle area? Will it be "anything goes," as it is currently within faction strongholds, or will it be the normal rule for outside faction strongholds that you must leave some kind of a path?

VvV is in an extremely early stage of testing and implementation. and we are evaluating all aspects of the system.

- Can you fight members of guilds that belong to the opposing side while outside of Fel even if your guild is not at war with their guild? (I'm only asking this because you made a comment not long ago that made it sound like you'd be able to fight outside of Fel if enrolled in this system.)

There are no sides. You cannot fight outside fel.

- The patch notes say "Stat loss will be applied on death to those players participating in VvV." Is this only true if you were killed by an orange character? Or is true for any death that a VvV participant has anywhere in the game?

The killer must be a player.

- With regard to the statement, "Any non-VvV player that aggresses or performs a beneficial act on a VvV player will flag orange to all VvV players," is this only true in Felucca? Also, will you be able to rez VvV characters using a non-VvV character?

You will be orange, however you can only fight in Felucca assuming you aren't in a guild war with an opposing guild.

- What does this mean: "There is a 5 minute kill timeout for receiving points for kills"? Does it mean you have to wait 5 minutes between killing the same enemy character to get any points for such kills? Or does it mean something else?

Yes, you only get points for killing opposing guilds once every 5 minutes.

- If you are not in VvV, will there be some way to tell whether another character IS in VvV?

They are orange (or whatever color we end up making VvV players).

- Do you anticipate MyUO including eventually including any kind of information on characters/guilds in VvV? Also will there be any way eventually to see point accumulations via something like MyUO or will it only be available via a gump accessible to a character in VvV?

Both.
Disclaimer: Everything answered here is subject to change as the system is still very early in testing and development. Expect changes in future test center releases.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sigil Feedback:

Sigil holders should show up like they currently do now in Factions so there is a visual cue they have it on them.
There should be a time limit on holding the sigil. In factions it was 15 minutes I believe? Should be shorter for VvV.
Holding a sigil should have the same restrictions it has now - No recall/gate, no teleport. Should include no houses + boats.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's an enlightening indicator of the game's development and quasi-official forum that you were quickly dismissed by those who clearly didn't read your questions, as some were about things that clearly cannot be "tested," and then you as a regular player is expected to discover answers when the gods ought to be able to give them quickly.

Edit: ok, there are Kyronix's answers, not that readable when it looked like he only quoted.

JOINING/QUITTING

TRAPS

OCCLO
- Are you planning to add a permanent moongate on Occlo, at least on Mugen and Siege, so people who participate in a VvV battle there and lose everything they're wearing have a way to get off the island without having to rely on someone else's kindness in casting a gate or maybe having a boat in their bankbox?

SIGILS

MISCELLANEOUS

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix, THANK YOU!! I appreciate the time you took to answer all those questions. I think it is very important to have written answers from the developers themselves for questions like this, rather than just my answers or someone else's answers based on our best guesses as to what you've done. It is also very helpful to know which items are still in flux.

I hope you can perhaps clarify a couple of your answers, plus I have a few new questions.

CLARIFICATION PLEASE?

- Original question and your answer: "Can you fight members of guilds that belong to the opposing side while outside of Fel even if your guild is not at war with their guild? (I'm only asking this because you made a comment not long ago that made it sound like you'd be able to fight outside of Fel if enrolled in this system.)" Answer: "There are no sides. You cannot fight outside fel. "

If there are no "sides," can you please explain why this system is being called "Virtue vs. Vice"? I'm just really puzzled about that part of it. Are the virtues going to play any part in this system? I know the first specifications for this system talked about the fights being centered around the shrines, so I could kind of picture how the virtues were involved. But now with the towns being involved instead, I'm kind of puzzled. I know some towns are associated with various virtues, but other than the priests that will take the sigil, how does virtue or vice play into this? Or will it be the choice of the sigil-carrier as to which priest he returns the sigil, perhaps because of different rewards offered by the two types of priests? When your guild joins the system, is there even a question about whether your guild is going to be on the virtue side or the vice side? And if yes, what if your guild is in an alliance and the other guilds haven't joined yet? If they join later, will they have the ability to be "virtue" or "vice" as well?

- Original questions and your answers: "- The patch notes say 'Stat loss will be applied on death to those players participating in VvV.' Is this only true if you were killed by an orange character? Or is true for any death that a VvV participant has anywhere in the game?" Your answer: "The killer must be a player. " ALSO "With regard to the statement, 'Any non-VvV player that aggresses or performs a beneficial act on a VvV player will flag orange to all VvV players,' is this only true in Felucca? Also, will you be able to rez VvV characters using a non-VvV character?" Your answer: "You will be orange, however you can only fight in Felucca assuming you aren't in a guild war with an opposing guild. "

Hmm. Does this mean that if a character who is NOT in this system kills your VvV character in Fel, your VvV character is going to have five minutes of skill loss?

- Original questions and your answers: "Can traps retrieved by a disarmer be reused?" Your answers: "Yes." ALSO "Traps are destroyed at the end of the battles. "

So if you disarmed a trap and picked it up, will the picked-up trap be destroyed at the end of the battle? Or will just placed traps be destroyed?

- Original question and your answer: "Is disarming the other side's traps the only way to remove them, i.e., there is no way for anyone on the side that "owns" the traps to pick them up?" Your answer: "If you placed it, you can remove it without skill, otherwise you need to use the remove trap skill on a trap that was not placed by your guild. "

If someone else in your guild placed a trap, do you need to use disarm skill to pick it up?

- Original question and your answer: "If your character kills a character that is holding the sigil, what happens to the sigil? Does it just vanish or does the killer acquire the sigil?" Your answer: "The sigil is cursed, it falls into the corpse of the backpack of the person who had it."

Does this mean that anyone who loots the corpse can pick up the sigil and carry it to a priest?

- Original question and your answer: "- What does this mean: "There is a 5 minute kill timeout for receiving points for kills"? Does it mean you have to wait 5 minutes between killing the same enemy character to get any points for such kills? Or does it mean something else?" Your answer: "Yes, you only get points for killing opposing guilds once every 5 minutes."

Huh? This answer really confuses me. So you kill someone in an opposing guild, your guild gets some points. Now your whole guild has to wait another 5 minutes before killing someone else in that guild is worth any points???

SOME NEW QUESTIONS
- If your character logs off while holding a sigil or is involuntarily disconnected, what happens to the sigil?

- Are the "skill loss" decreases for this system going to be calculated the same as in the faction system?

- How much disarm (remove trap) skill is needed to pick up the traps in this system? (I believe you only need 90 in factions, although the lower your skill is, the higher the risk you'll fail and take damage.)

- Can you use hiding/stealth skills while carrying a sigil?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix, THANK YOU!! I appreciate the time you took to answer all those questions. I think it is very important to have written answers from the developers themselves for questions like this, rather than just my answers or someone else's answers based on our best guesses as to what you've done. It is also very helpful to know which items are still in flux.

I hope you can perhaps clarify a couple of your answers, plus I have a few new questions.

CLARIFICATION PLEASE?

- Original question and your answer: "Can you fight members of guilds that belong to the opposing side while outside of Fel even if your guild is not at war with their guild? (I'm only asking this because you made a comment not long ago that made it sound like you'd be able to fight outside of Fel if enrolled in this system.)" Answer: "There are no sides. You cannot fight outside fel. "

If there are no "sides," can you please explain why this system is being called "Virtue vs. Vice"? I'm just really puzzled about that part of it. Are the virtues going to play any part in this system? I know the first specifications for this system talked about the fights being centered around the shrines, so I could kind of picture how the virtues were involved. But now with the towns being involved instead, I'm kind of puzzled. I know some towns are associated with various virtues, but other than the priests that will take the sigil, how does virtue or vice play into this? Or will it be the choice of the sigil-carrier as to which priest he returns the sigil, perhaps because of different rewards offered by the two types of priests? When your guild joins the system, is there even a question about whether your guild is going to be on the virtue side or the vice side? And if yes, what if your guild is in an alliance and the other guilds haven't joined yet? If they join later, will they have the ability to be "virtue" or "vice" as well?

Vice and Virtue fit into the larger fictional context we are working on. Mechanic wise it's related to guilds because player expressed disinterest in being paired with others they did not wish to be paired with, hence you get to pick your team.

- Original questions and your answers: "- The patch notes say 'Stat loss will be applied on death to those players participating in VvV.' Is this only true if you were killed by an orange character? Or is true for any death that a VvV participant has anywhere in the game?" Your answer: "The killer must be a player. " ALSO "With regard to the statement, 'Any non-VvV player that aggresses or performs a beneficial act on a VvV player will flag orange to all VvV players,' is this only true in Felucca? Also, will you be able to rez VvV characters using a non-VvV character?" Your answer: "You will be orange, however you can only fight in Felucca assuming you aren't in a guild war with an opposing guild. "

Hmm. Does this mean that if a character who is NOT in this system kills your VvV character in Fel, your VvV character is going to have five minutes of skill loss?

It only applies to those who aren't joined in VvV who agress/beneficial act upon a member of VvV.

- Original questions and your answers: "Can traps retrieved by a disarmer be reused?" Your answers: "Yes." ALSO "Traps are destroyed at the end of the battles. "

So if you disarmed a trap and picked it up, will the picked-up trap be destroyed at the end of the battle? Or will just placed traps be destroyed?

Only placed traps.

- Original question and your answer: "Is disarming the other side's traps the only way to remove them, i.e., there is no way for anyone on the side that "owns" the traps to pick them up?" Your answer: "If you placed it, you can remove it without skill, otherwise you need to use the remove trap skill on a trap that was not placed by your guild. "

If someone else in your guild placed a trap, do you need to use disarm skill to pick it up?

You can't pick up a trap that someone else in your guild picks up. Only you can pickup your own traps, only opposing guilds can disarm traps you place.

- Original question and your answer: "If your character kills a character that is holding the sigil, what happens to the sigil? Does it just vanish or does the killer acquire the sigil?" Your answer: "The sigil is cursed, it falls into the corpse of the backpack of the person who had it."

Does this mean that anyone who loots the corpse can pick up the sigil and carry it to a priest?

Yes.

- Original question and your answer: "- What does this mean: "There is a 5 minute kill timeout for receiving points for kills"? Does it mean you have to wait 5 minutes between killing the same enemy character to get any points for such kills? Or does it mean something else?" Your answer: "Yes, you only get points for killing opposing guilds once every 5 minutes."

Huh? This answer really confuses me. So you kill someone in an opposing guild, your guild gets some points. Now your whole guild has to wait another 5 minutes before killing someone else in that guild is worth any points???

No, just you.

SOME NEW QUESTIONS
- If your character logs off while holding a sigil or is involuntarily disconnected, what happens to the sigil?

It remains in their backpack. We are still evaluating the sigil aspect of the battle and there are likely to be changes.

- Are the "skill loss" decreases for this system going to be calculated the same as in the faction system?

Same as how faction stat loss worked.

- How much disarm (remove trap) skill is needed to pick up the traps in this system? (I believe you only need 90 in factions, although the lower your skill is, the higher the risk you'll fail and take damage.)

It's a sliding scale, there is no discrete value...suffice to say the better you are the less chance you'll accidentally set it off.

- Can you use hiding/stealth skills while carrying a sigil?

Yes.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix, thank you for answering those additional questions. I'm still concerned about alliances, however, and what is going to happen to guilds who belong to alliances if more than one guild in the alliance joins this system. It sounds like there is the very real potential that you will could end up being orange to each other all the time. Is that correct? And if one guild in the alliance joins VvV and the others don't, are there implications while in Fel for the non-participating guilds?

Also, could you please clarify what will happen if a character who is in a guild that isn't enrolled in VvV and whose guild isn't allied with any VvV-participating guilds, or is a character that belongs to no guild at all, is attacked in Felucca by a VvV participant? If the non-VvV character which is attacked does not fight back, who are they flagged to in this situation and for how long (e.g., if attacker leaves without killing, or if attacker kills the non-VvV character)? If the attacked non-VvV participant who offers no defense is killed by a VvV participant, will the non-VvV participant in this situation have 5 minutes of skill loss?

Now consider the situation where a non-VvV character is attacked by a character that is in a VvV guild and the non-VvV character decides to defend himself directly. Who are they flagged to in this situation and for how long (e.g., attacker leaves without killing the non-VvV character, or attacker kills the non-VvV character)? What are the rules in this situation if non-VvV character that is attacked uses a pet to defend himself? Who are they flagged to and for how long? Will the non-VvV character that defended itself have 5 minutes of skill loss if a VvV participant kills him? Is there any skill loss for the pet?

Thanks!

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I realize this doesn't help improve VvV but I will not join it, and have no intention of joining it until it benefits my guildies somehow. We have a lot of other stuff we can do, if VvV has no reward or reason we will not do it. Why? Greed partly, but mostly because there is no reason for us to do it. What does this entire system do for pvp and for my guild? What reason do we have to want to do this?

As far as I can tell it's just another way to have a scorecard for pvping. And I could care less about it

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd suggest that guilds in alliances be seen as one group for VvV, lest the larger guilds perpetually dominate this system.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thoughts are simple the new pvp system is not complete and until it is its hard to give an honest response to wether or not i like it. show us a finished idea then we can make a fair judgement of the system. As of so far i see the fights in test center more around yew gate then i do in the warzones. To make people decide to participate or not depends on what you get for participating in the VvV system.

As the rest of test center goes love the loot upgrade gonna make PVM fun again(also T-hunts and MIB's) havent done any trade quests yet i will shortly though)

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As of so far i see the fights in test center more around yew gate then i do in the warzones. To make people decide to participate or not depends on what you get for participating in the VvV system.

You arent going to see people on TC constantly fighting in the warzones. Just like you dont see them do any other content. Most of those people dont care about testing things.

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You arent going to see people on TC constantly fighting in the warzones. Just like you dont see them do any other content. Most of those people dont care about testing things.
The one thing I do like is when in VvV when someone flags on anyone else they turn orange..please keep that aspect of things..no more gate hiding!! It forces you to do one of two things..get better, or bring more help..either way my bank account gets padded with gold..

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How is it whining or being biased? Right now it's you go to the town and win yay! There's nothing to fight over..there's no reason to be there other than to pvp..it's like yew gate fighting with a chest thumping result as of now..that's fine for me. The problem "IS"!! This system was supposed to revive PvP idk maybe have people come back or trammy's try out pvp..neither of which will happen for 0 reason. A COD type capture the flag mini game with no real purpose won't do any of that."THAT IS FEEDBACK" I don't care if it's phase 0 or phase 200..that's a fact! Take it for what's it worth and troll on brother..

As for uber Faction Artie's..seriously? Since reforging they are god awful useless..make artifacts worth having that can't be replicated or close to with a shame piece, or without tons of hours farming silver so
You can replace it..I want people to fight against! Not the same 3 guilds spread over 4 shards..
1) What world are you living and pvping in?
I run around Atlantic and I see 98% of faction players wearing at least 2 faction arties.

2) "There's nothing to fight over..there's no reason to be there other than to pvp"
That just became the saddest thing I have ever seen posted on these boards.
You absolutely just proved that you only want to pvp for the sake of pixel shinies or chest thumping.
Bravo mr. old school pvper. What would you have done before aos lol?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) What world are you living and pvping in?
I run around Atlantic and I see 98% of faction players wearing at least 2 faction arties.
I have 3-4 characters in factions on 3 different servers, each of which don't use faction arties..I'm not interested in replacing items every few weeks, or farming silver on multiple shards to even play. I log in maybe an hour a day just to pvp..not pvm!

1)

2) "There's nothing to fight over..there's no reason to be there other than to pvp"
That just became the saddest thing I have ever seen posted on these boards.
I also said which I'm fine with..but it's apparent you're "that guy" that takes a statement and spins it to his liking.
1)
You absolutely just proved that you only want to pvp for the sake of pixel shinies or chest thumping.
Bravo mr. old school pvper. What would you have done before aos lol?
Pre-AOS was easy..I sold the vanqs,regs,armor of the the people on my gate vendor..that's actually how I made my first mil. Thanks for the memories! Maybe now I can sell the 15 of each potion for 8gp..extremely profitable!

Naxatilor Feluka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they need to look at what was successful in the past and give it more depth. Champion spawns. Best thing to ever happen to felucca - strategic objective based pvp that yielded a consumable desirable reward.

Yew gate "pvp" is the most unhealthy and dare I say toxic pvp enviroment in the long sad history of mmos. I haven't seen the vvv system yet but I hope they aren't catering to the 7 players that dedicate their ultima careers to that crapshoot.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they need to look at what was successful in the past and give it more depth. Champion spawns. Best thing to ever happen to felucca - strategic objective based pvp that yielded a consumable desirable reward.

Yew gate "pvp" is the most unhealthy and dare I say toxic pvp enviroment in the long sad history of mmos. I haven't seen the vvv system yet but I hope they aren't catering to the 7 players that dedicate their ultima careers to that crapshoot.
I agree with this, the champ spawns are still where the most fighting happens. It is often challenging ( due to spawn and pvp ) , few to no guard zones ( why is marble gz.. ugh) , and almost no town fighting (where you can't cast an ev or a a field etc). I enjoy fighting in these areas. I don't want to be guard wacked for exploding someone and they run towards the gate, I don't want to run into npcs and not be able to x heal friends. Even if you can do this in the new VVV system, why do we want to take over towns again?

Uo pvp is always centered where it is the best advantage for a blue. I don't spawn to spawn anymore I do it for the fight. I believe this is the case for 95% of people who still chain despise.

If people going red is the issue then why not get rid of the red coloring? I said this years ago, it can't be that hard to make everyone blue, and make everyone pick a faction when they make a character. Then when you go to fel, you turn orange or whatever and pvp. In all seriousness this is the reasoning behind VVV and faction right? To pvp without going red? Seems like a lot of bs for a broken system that most people won't even use. I know personally I never cared for factions and have no intention of playing in this vvv system either. I see it as a scorecard for pvp. I suppose a lot of reds use their murder counts in the same regard, you just can't show off murder counts the way you can show off punkte.

Also 'teamwork' is often 8 people syncing on the same target. It's not that hard to do and you don't need ventrillo or map to do it. I don't see how teamwork is a legit argument for factions. Because the penalty for death is higher? To me it means people are less likely to pvp and play much more cautiously because they don't want to die. That leads to boring pvp because no one is aggressive.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I don't care too much as I no longer pvp, but I really don't want to see all the posts when it goes live from people saying they hate the new system - people who hav'nt tested/commented.
Haha. I hope to do some testing this weekend myself, but work/social stuff has killed what little hours I spend playing UO.

Personally I want a way to keep my Faction horse...and then, see if vVv has enough Vs.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was previously stated that all faction horses would be removed - now you say we can keep them? Will they still be available in the same hues in game? IE will they become rare?
After the initial feedback from the In Concept thread it was clear that people felt attached to their steeds. Existing faction horses will be converted to function like normal pets, and those mounts will also be available in VvV.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After the initial feedback from the In Concept thread it was clear that people felt attached to their steeds. Existing faction horses will be converted to function like normal pets, and those mounts will also be available in VvV.
When you say "function like normal pets" do you mean that they will not be rezzable with bandages and have high HP?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix, can you please take a crack at answering these questions I posted on Tuesday? Thanks.

Kyronix, thank you for answering those additional questions. I'm still concerned about alliances, however, and what is going to happen to guilds who belong to alliances if more than one guild in the alliance joins this system. It sounds like there is the very real potential that you will could end up being orange to each other all the time. Is that correct? And if one guild in the alliance joins VvV and the others don't, are there implications while in Fel for the non-participating guilds?

Also, could you please clarify what will happen if a character who is in a guild that isn't enrolled in VvV and whose guild isn't allied with any VvV-participating guilds, or is a character that belongs to no guild at all, is attacked in Felucca by a VvV participant? If the non-VvV character which is attacked does not fight back, who are they flagged to in this situation and for how long (e.g., if attacker leaves without killing, or if attacker kills the non-VvV character)? If the attacked non-VvV participant who offers no defense is killed by a VvV participant, will the non-VvV participant in this situation have 5 minutes of skill loss?

Now consider the situation where a non-VvV character is attacked by a character that is in a VvV guild and the non-VvV character decides to defend himself directly. Who are they flagged to in this situation and for how long (e.g., attacker leaves without killing the non-VvV character, or attacker kills the non-VvV character)? What are the rules in this situation if non-VvV character that is attacked uses a pet to defend himself? Who are they flagged to and for how long? Will the non-VvV character that defended itself have 5 minutes of skill loss if a VvV participant kills him? Is there any skill loss for the pet?

Thanks!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix, can you please take a crack at answering these questions I posted on Tuesday? Thanks.

Kyronix, thank you for answering those additional questions. I'm still concerned about alliances, however, and what is going to happen to guilds who belong to alliances if more than one guild in the alliance joins this system. It sounds like there is the very real potential that you will could end up being orange to each other all the time. Is that correct?

If you are in VvV you will highlight (may not necessarily be orange, we used that for the sake of testing) to everyone so that it is clear you are in VvV.

And if one guild in the alliance joins VvV and the others don't, are there implications while in Fel for the non-participating guilds?

If you attack someone who is in VvV or you beneficial act someone in VvV, you become freely aggressable by anyone in VvV.

If you are in VvV and you are killed by a player you get stat loss. If you aren't in VvV and you attack/beneficial act someone in VvV you get stat loss when you die from a player.

If you are attacked by a VvV player and you are not in VvV, normal flagging rules apply (criminal/murder etc).

Thanks!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix, can any guild that belongs to an alliance join VvV? Or do they have to leave their alliance? I believe the way it works today with factions, a guild that is already in factions can start an alliance with another guild that belongs to the same faction and additional guilds that are in the same faction can join that alliance. However, I don't think that the alliance can be extended to include non-faction guilds or that guilds that belong to a faction can join an existing alliance that only includes non-faction guilds (or guilds in another faction).

You really didn't answer the question about whether or not VvV guilds can be part of an alliance and how it is going to work. This is important information for people who might be thinking of participating, especially very small PvP guilds.

It's also important information for guilds that today aren't in factions but do PvP and are part of an alliance that includes non-PvP guilds. They will want to know soon whether or not they will need to leave their alliance to be part of VvV.

In either of these two cases, people may need to make decisions about whether or not to exit their current guild to join a different guild or start a new guild if the guild leader of their current guild is inactive, the guild leader doesn't want to be in VvV, or other members of the guild don't want to be in VvV.

Also, I'm still confused about what is going to happen to a non-VvV character who is attacked first by a VvV character and chooses to defend himself by attacking the VvV character who attacked him. Is the attacked non-VvV character going to become orange when he attacks the VvV character? I don't PvP all that often, and most of the PvPing I have done was inside of the faction system, so I'm really kind of fuzzy on this. It would give me and perhaps some other people a little more confidence in this system if you could provide a clear-cut answer that if you're in Fel on a non-VvV character and are not going out of your way to tangle with VvV characters but end up being attacked by one or more of them, that you will have the ability to defend yourself without becoming freely attackable with no consequences (i.e., no murder counts) by other VvV participants AND that you won't end up going into VvV skill loss if you lose in your attempt to defend yourself.

That's where I'm coming from with those questions and would really, really appreciate getting some clarity on this issue. It's important to me and I'm sure it is important to other people who may not have any interest at this time in participating in VvV but do have reason to be in Felucca, either because they play on Siege/Mugen, they have a home in Fel, they like to hunt in the Fel dungeons for the luck boost, or do champ spawns.

I really don't want to believe that you intend to force VvV on ANYONE who goes to Felucca and gets involved in a fight, even if they have specifically tried to avoid fighting with VvV participants. However, that is the conclusion I am coming to at thi s point because I can't get a clear answer on this. And yes, I could go attempt to try to puzzle it out by myself in Fel on TC1 trying to juggle between signing onto two accounts at the same time on one computer. But I shouldn't have to do that because these are important issues for many people and it is critical that we get straight answers to them directly from the designers/programmers of the system.

Thank you for your patience with my persistent questions. I'm not trying to be a pain in the you-know-what. Just trying to figure out if it's worth sticking around to see how this develops.

:)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix, can any guild that belongs to an alliance join VvV? Or do they have to leave their alliance? I believe the way it works today with factions, a guild that is already in factions can start an alliance with another guild that belongs to the same faction and additional guilds that are in the same faction can join that alliance. However, I don't think that the alliance can be extended to include non-faction guilds or that guilds that belong to a faction can join an existing alliance that only includes non-faction guilds (or guilds in another faction).

You are free to do whatever allying you want. The only time alliances come into play in VvV is determining whether there are enough guilds to start a battle (need to be at least 2 non-allied guilds online) and getting occupation points while in a City (allied guilds are all awarded occupation points if they are the only ones present).

You really didn't answer the question about whether or not VvV guilds can be part of an alliance and how it is going to work. This is important information for people who might be thinking of participating, especially very small PvP guilds.

See above

It's also important information for guilds that today aren't in factions but do PvP and are part of an alliance that includes non-PvP guilds. They will want to know soon whether or not they will need to leave their alliance to be part of VvV.

You don't need to leave an alliance.

In either of these two cases, people may need to make decisions about whether or not to exit their current guild to join a different guild or start a new guild if the guild leader of their current guild is inactive, the guild leader doesn't want to be in VvV, or other members of the guild don't want to be in VvV.

Also, I'm still confused about what is going to happen to a non-VvV character who is attacked first by a VvV character and chooses to defend himself by attacking the VvV character who attacked him.

It's handled under normal criminal flagging. The attacker goes gray if the victim is otherwise an innocent.

Is the attacked non-VvV character going to become orange when he attacks the VvV character?

No, based on the above situation.

I don't PvP all that often, and most of the PvPing I have done was inside of the faction system, so I'm really kind of fuzzy on this. It would give me and perhaps some other people a little more confidence in this system if you could provide a clear-cut answer that if you're in Fel on a non-VvV character and are not going out of your way to tangle with VvV characters but end up being attacked by one or more of them, that you will have the ability to defend yourself without becoming freely attackable with no consequences (i.e., no murder counts) by other VvV participants AND that you won't end up going into VvV skill loss if you lose in your attempt to defend yourself.

If you are an innocent victim, it plays out just like it does now with gray flagging/murder counts.

That's where I'm coming from with those questions and would really, really appreciate getting some clarity on this issue. It's important to me and I'm sure it is important to other people who may not have any interest at this time in participating in VvV but do have reason to be in Felucca, either because they play on Siege/Mugen, they have a home in Fel, they like to hunt in the Fel dungeons for the luck boost, or do champ spawns.

I really don't want to believe that you intend to force VvV on ANYONE who goes to Felucca and gets involved in a fight, even if they have specifically tried to avoid fighting with VvV participants.

Not the case. See above.

However, that is the conclusion I am coming to at this point because I can't get a clear answer on this. And yes, I could go attempt to try to puzzle it out by myself in Fel on TC1 trying to juggle between signing onto two accounts at the same time on one computer. But I shouldn't have to do that because these are important issues for many people and it is critical that we get straight answers to them directly from the designers/programmers of the system.

Thank you for your patience with my persistent questions. I'm not trying to be a pain in the you-know-what. Just trying to figure out if it's worth sticking around to see how this develops.

You're welcome. Hope to see you on the battle field!

:)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the clarifications. However, I'm still confused about allied guilds. If two guilds that are in VvV are in the same alliance, will they see each other as green while in Fel, or will they be orange to each other in Fel? And does each of the allied guilds have its own separate total for points during the battles? And what if members of two allied guilds kill each other in Fel during a battle? Do those kills count for points? If you heal a character in an allied guild while in Fel, is that a "good" thing or a "bad" thing for purposes of the VvV system?

I'm just trying to understand if there is any point to being in an alliance if you are going to join VvV or if it's basically not going to mean anything. And at this point I'm still really confused.

Sorry.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for the clarifications. However, I'm still confused about allied guilds. If two guilds that are in VvV are in the same alliance, will they see each other as green while in Fel, or will they be orange to each other in Fel? And does each of the allied guilds have its own separate total for points during the battles? And what if members of two allied guilds kill each other in Fel during a battle? Do those kills count for points? If you heal a character in an allied guild while in Fel, is that a "good" thing or a "bad" thing for purposes of the VvV system?

I'm just trying to understand if there is any point to being in an alliance if you are going to join VvV or if it's basically not going to mean anything. And at this point I'm still really confused.

Sorry.
As I said in a previous post, we are still very early in the development process for VvV and what is on TC now is from the prototype phase of the system. After initial feedback from our focus group and the player base at large we'll be putting together our next phase which will include changes based on that feedback.

We are still working on the flagging/highlighting to make it more intuitive and easy to follow. It would make sense that your allies would be green.

Each guild, regardless of the relationship it has with another guild, is scored independently.

Right now, if you kill another VvV player, given it's outside the kill timeout, you get points for it. Although I don't know how kindly your allies would take to you killing them.

Healing, in the scope of two VvV players doesn't count as anything. It's not good or bad. Again, if you are healing your enemies your guildmates/guildmaster might have a problem with that.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the additional clarification. Things are getting a little clearer now, but this has raised more questions! (Surprised? Probably not.)

- So if you are in an alliance and your guild has laid down some traps, what's to prevent characters in an allied guild that you normally wouldn't be taking potshots at from stepping on some of your traps and keeling over as a result and (presumably) going into skill loss because of the trap damage?

- How important are the scores going to be in terms of obtaining rewards, if there will actually be any in this system? In other words, if you are a small guild that is rarely going to be the top scorer in these battles (since alliances mean nothing for scoring), will there be any point in participating? Will the rewards always go only to the one and only highest-scoring guild? Or will there reward potential be based on other criteria? Will individual characters have some kind of reward potential as well, even if they belong to a small guild that rarely, if ever, wins battles?

Thanks!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for the additional clarification. Things are getting a little clearer now, but this has raised more questions! (Surprised? Probably not.)

- So if you are in an alliance and your guild has laid down some traps, what's to prevent characters in an allied guild that you normally wouldn't be taking potshots at from stepping on some of your traps and keeling over as a result and (presumably) going into skill loss because of the trap damage?

Allies will not trigger each other's traps.

- How important are the scores going to be in terms of obtaining rewards, if there will actually be any in this system? In other words, if you are a small guild that is rarely going to be the top scorer in these battles (since alliances mean nothing for scoring), will there be any point in participating? Will the rewards always go only to the one and only highest-scoring guild? Or will there reward potential be based on other criteria? Will individual characters have some kind of reward potential as well, even if they belong to a small guild that rarely, if ever, wins battles?

You receive silver points based on actions done in real time during the battle. The amount of silver points have nothing to do with your actual guild size, it's based on what you accomplish (kills/sigil captures/occupation) during a match. At the end of the match the winner(s) (anyone with a score equal to that of the highest score) receive bonus silver points. Participant points are awarded as well in both cases. Example - if I get 5 silver points for a kill, everyone else participating (regardless of guild) in the match gets 1. If my guild gets 200 silver points for winning the battle, everyone else gets 100. The points are spent at a vendor to purchase various rewards that include consumables, armor, weapons, mounts, deco, etcs. There is very much the ability for a smaller, organized, tactically advanced group to win a battle over someone with sheer numbers.

Thanks!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know the numbers are probably just examples at this point, but if a kill is only 5 points, 100 and 200 seem much too high for battle loss / win. i would think if a kill is 5, a loss should be 20 a win 40. im sure the numbers will be worked out when that phase gets to testing.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i know the numbers are probably just examples at this point, but if a kill is only 5 points, 100 and 200 seem much too high for battle loss / win. i would think if a kill is 5, a loss should be 20 a win 40. im sure the numbers will be worked out when that phase gets to testing.
I picked the numbers at random.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the additional information today, Kyronix. It's been very helpful. I'm looking forward to seeing more details on silver points and what guild leaders and guild members will be able to spend them on. You call them "silver points," so that sounds to me like they are just a number. Or will the points actually at some point be translated into silver coins? (Guess I'm wondering what happens to existing silver. I think you said somewhere there will be a use for it?)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for all the additional information today, Kyronix. It's been very helpful. I'm looking forward to seeing more details on silver points and what guild leaders and guild members will be able to spend them on. You call them "silver points," so that sounds to me like they are just a number. Or will the points actually at some point be translated into silver coins? (Guess I'm wondering what happens to existing silver. I think you said somewhere there will be a use for it?)
It's a virtual currency.

Edit to Add a little teaser of one of the many items that will be available for purchase with silver points...

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All right, thought of a few more questions!

I asked this question earlier: "- Are all your characters on the same account limited to joining only one side of VvV on any particular shard? (I'm assuming you can have more than one character per account in VvV on the same shard, as was added in 2008 to factions.) If yes, can those characters on the same account and shard be in different guilds?"

Your reply was, "There are no sides in VvV, teams are based on your guild. "

You didn't really answer my question about whether or not you could have characters on the same account and shard in different guilds if you want to participate in VvV. Is this going to be possible?

Also, how close are you to finalizing the rules for joining/leaving VvV so we can pound on that for you too and make sure there's nothing that can be exploited?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All right, thought of a few more questions!

I asked this question earlier: "- Are all your characters on the same account limited to joining only one side of VvV on any particular shard? (I'm assuming you can have more than one character per account in VvV on the same shard, as was added in 2008 to factions.) If yes, can those characters on the same account and shard be in different guilds?"

Your reply was, "There are no sides in VvV, teams are based on your guild. "

You didn't really answer my question about whether or not you could have characters on the same account and shard in different guilds if you want to participate in VvV. Is this going to be possible?

It's based on guild joining rules with regards to accounts.

Also, how close are you to finalizing the rules for joining/leaving VvV so we can pound on that for you too and make sure there's nothing that can be exploited?

It will be in a future TC update, it's all currently being worked on.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only thing i would ask for in the PvP world, is this:

A way to keep records of the following stats online.

Kills
Deaths
Assists
Damage totals (given, recieved)
Heal totals (given, Recieved)
Guild History

Regardless of the format we are in pvping in, Fel Champ Spawns, Harrys, Fel Yew Gate, VvV, or factions with out those stats your work in pvp goes unrewarded for the most part. A couple scrolls, silver, or random arties are not a claim in history. They are by no means a lasting triumph. In order for PvP to be successful I feel that there needs to be some type of pride in it.

Give them a way to leave their mark in UO on a record list.

I also feel this should be the same with EM events.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing i would ask for in the PvP world, is this:

A way to keep records of the following stats online.

Kills
Deaths
Assists
Damage totals (given, recieved)
Heal totals (given, Recieved)
Guild History

Regardless of the format we are in pvping in, Fel Champ Spawns, Harrys, Fel Yew Gate, VvV, or factions with out those stats your work in pvp goes unrewarded for the most part. A couple scrolls, silver, or random arties are not a claim in history. They are by no means a lasting triumph. In order for PvP to be successful I feel that there needs to be some type of pride in it.

Give them a way to leave their mark in UO on a record list.

I also feel this should be the same with EM events.

I completely and 100% agree with MyUO returning with such stats. :p

The thing about PvP is that its competitive in nature, thus having those stats available (like DAOC did a long time ago) is something that very much appeals to PvP'ers (speaking as an former PvP of course of olden days).

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix ,

Speaking as GM of my guild:

Is there a way for a guild to join VvV and yet keep the safety of their non-pvp players with the addition of a PvP flag switch? I like many others will not join my guild to VvV if I cannot ensure the safety of the 50% of my members that do not have PvP skill but wish to do more PvM-based game play. So I am wondering if any thought has been given to adding a PvP switch to individual characters with a timer on it of say 15 minutes? I know other games do this and do it well, DAOC is one. I think the addition such a thing would answer a LOT of prayers by the looks of this thread.

Could you speak to how something like this might be implemented or why it is not able to be implemented?

Speaking as Alliance Leader for my alliances:

I think a guild that wishes to join VvV that is part of alliance (a member or leading guild) should be able to do so without hindrance. Those guilds would flag ORANGE to other VvV guilds, yet remain GREEN to alliance guilds that do not participate in VvV.

A guild that does NOT subscribe to VvV could possibly flag GREEN to their VvV allies in Trammel-based lands and then flag BLUE (like any other non-VvV guild would) in Felucca yet still have access to the alliance chat features?

Could you speak to how something like this might be implemented or why it is not able to be implemented?

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix ,

Speaking as GM of my guild:

Is there a way for a guild to join VvV and yet keep the safety of their non-pvp players with the addition of a PvP flag switch? I like many others will not join my guild to VvV if I cannot ensure the safety of the 50% of my members that do not have PvP skill but wish to do more PvM-based game play. So I am wondering if any thought has been given to adding a PvP switch to individual characters with a timer on it of say 15 minutes? I know other games do this and do it well, DAOC is one. I think the addition such a thing would answer a LOT of prayers by the looks of this thread.

Speaking as Alliance Leader for my alliances:

I think a guild that wishes to join VvV that is part of alliance (a member or leading guild) should be able to do so without hindrance. Those guilds would flag ORANGE to other VvV guilds, yet remain GREEN to alliance guilds that do not participate in VvV.

A guild that does NOT subscribe to VvV could possibly flag GREEN to their VvV allies in Trammel-based lands and then flag BLUE (like any other non-VvV guild would) in Felucca yet still have access to the alliance chat features?

There are two ways to go about it, for one thing - if you don't go to Felucca, you can't be attacked under VvV rules. That being said we are also looking at an individual opt-in/opt-out for members of a guild. However, if you were opted-out of VvV and you enter a battle region you'd be fair game.

We are still working on it, and thanks for the feedback!