• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

VP woes

• Thread starter Ugly Wrinkleflip
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

Here I go again on my on little rantings. I went into a VP today with 1 sf and the rest randoms. The only person on the elevator less then a name dropper was my friend.

My rant is how do you become a name dropper or higher using Bugel on a LURED level 12 cog when you are a low laff toon? Expecially when you only have 12 laff points left. It amazes me. I realize that these are probably kids but come one. Your a name dropper you know how it works.

Needless to say I had to fight to get through the first set of cogs. Between REluring and toon ups I had to throw a flippy cause everyone ran out of tu but me.

Then I get lucky enough to get on the same side as the IDIOT with the horn(must have had a whole bag full of them). And a Glitcher. I despise a glitcher BTW. now I am the only toon in 3 with laff points, lure, and toon up. The glitcher is a 45laff working both sides taking double hits. again we play lets burn thru Joe's Lure. finally I just stopped tooning up. Trying to live thru the battle and not lose my 7's.

Finally the glitcher goes buh bye(woohoo). My friend is on the other side have a hard time so I figure I am low on laff I will burn 7's. I burn all my 7's except squirt(monkey braintumor isdiot went sad in middle"woohoo"). I run around to her side and there is 3 toons all full laff. I think We can do this. I jump in and as I jump in 2 of them run before I can join the fight. Friend gets down to 26 laff. I throw my last 7 and take all but 2 down. She goes sad and I go down to a 30laff. Finally get thru the cogs and try and run but VP is going ballistic. Darn thing turned into a kangaroo or rabbit. It was like he was on a trampoline. I go sad.

Bad day in VP.

Again How can you be a Name dropper and use a bugle on a ROW of lured level 12 cogs?

P.S. sorry forgot to mention i used 3 fippys and a gag up throw.

S

soupandquackers

Sorry that happened, sometimes i wonder the same things.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

The worst part is I am trying to get my laff oint before the weekend. This is not helping the situation. lol

S

SSniffleslam

I'm sorry that happened, but I can tell you my theory...My daughter's toon, Sally Sniffleslam (the first) is a 114 laffer who's a RB and a HW. I got her to those levels - she's not that great at the practical strategizing. MOST of the time, when she runs into a boss battle, I end up having to finish it for her (she's not good at timing jumps, she's a horrible stunner in the CJ, etc, and her laff goes down fast.) She's getting better though!! Also, sometimes when i'm not looking (cooking, etc.) my 5-year-old hops on and tries to do something silly.

So note, you could have just been on there with kiddos who don't really understand, and you can't really get mad at them for that. Chalk it up to a toon's life experiences.

(that's just my theory)

S

Steveo

Joe sorry this happened to you. I will tell you this when you are in the pie round and the vp starts to jump run up and hit him on the side. This way you might have a little more time to get a pie in his cage. But watch out for his hands they can slap you good. I would rather take off 1 alugh than 10. Its also great to learn to stun him from the front and the back. Also just run to side to side this way you are close to him and he should not jump as much. Also he might have had his wheates this AM.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

thats all grat advice. But I never even had a chance to get pies before he jumped. and one I was down he just kept going.

I think he ate the WHOLE warehouse full of wheaties.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't seen a bad VP in so long I forget they can go bad. You know, a name dropper has only VP'd 10 or more times successfully. If you don't have friends who have done it before, this may not be enough, especially if you're a kid.

P

Pinky Thunderpop

So sorry bout that VP. I have not had one that bad in who knows how long! You went down fighting tho. We'll try it again with more people we know instead of randoms who may be kids! See ya round!

S

susan4633

really sorry joe. don't know if you read my post about my 5 year old nephew?

i let him play with my lower laff toons thinking he would be running around ttc, dd and dg and couldn't get into much trouble there...forgot he would be able to tp to my friends if he used the unauthorized toons.

i let him play with "SPECIFIC" toons while he was here on vacation. next thing i know he is following me into the elevator for vp, with 13 laff out of 66 and minimal gags. luckily i caught him. he also tried to follow me in to cj on an unauthorized toon (unauthorized for him). again i caught him, but at 5 he just went where ever he wanted....actually where ever he could.

if you want revenge tonight let me know, be glad to help out.
susan

E

Electroflap

Wow I hope I dont end up being that bad.. I've only went into the VP once and lost and never tried again.. I do need more practice for friday so if you wanna try again and help coach me so i dont do something stupid like that ( but even i know that was dumb) let me know! The one time I went I found fighting the cogs to be easy.. it was the pie throwing I wasn't good at!

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

Sally and Susan,

I realize that children do occasionally get onto an elevator with groups not knowingly. But the chances of there being 3 Adults and 5 children is not something I can concieve. Expecially when 1 of them was glitching. So mark that down to 4 kids. Don't see that either.

The reason I don't is because I was talking to the SF that went with me and happened to be on the other side to make sure she was doing ok. And they were smart enough to say I cant understand you and use the speedchat. Which I was using telling them what gags to throw.

Chalk it up to bad luck. It was bound too happen. I went through so many Vp's without a hitch with and without Stratics members. Sooner or later your destined to get all your hopes and dreams ravished.

As for the Revenge run. The wife is off all day and she has laid claim to Disney so far. If she lets me play it willprobably be after 7pm est. Look for me. If I am there I will run. I will repost a thread closer to that time if I know I will be on.

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch! You are lucky though if this is your only VP that has gone bad. I've gone sad :stretcher: enough times with randoms to avoid them if I can.

But about what Sally and Susan said . . . my 4 year old owns a toon with laff in the low 20's and his favorite toontown word is "glitch". He has seen his older sister do glitches and when he is watching her in the mint he knows enough to ask if she is going to do the glitch.

My 7 y/o daughter was the one who really worked up our main toon and she speed chats much faster than my husband. :D I've also battled with several kids who are pretty witty with the speed chat phrases. They're SF's of my daughter now and they figured out how to become SF's using the speed chat.

Just saying that sometimes, it really can be difficult to differentiate bad adult, bad kid, good adult and good kid players. Not to mention the teenagers who fall in between. :confused:

S

SSniffleslam

That is so true, and then there are those who do things for motivations I can't figure out. I went into the Bullion mint the other day with a 121 laff horse who let two of us go sad on purpose...It was the first battle, and there is no way that either of us had done anything to upset him. We used sound on 4 level 11 skele's and it missed. Their attacks took me down into the 50's and the other guy into the 40's while doing virtually no damage to the horse and some other random who I went in with. Next round, the guy in the 40's used lure, I used toon up and the horse used toon up on me...OR so I thought. He changed his mind at the last minute and used sound - a bugle at that!! Well, my TU didn't work (only gave 8 laff) and no one used TU on me. So I went sad, the other guy went sad, and all the while this horse is saying "Ha Ha"

Some people are just odd and rude...what can I say??

S

susan4633

Sally and Susan,

As for the Revenge run. The wife is off all day and she has laid claim to Disney so far. If she lets me play it willprobably be after 7pm est. Look for me. If I am there I will run. I will repost a thread closer to that time if I know I will be on.
i'll probably be on miss lilac lady since she has room for fr. so if you have room and want to pm me a code that would work. would it be kookygrove?

ps and same for you electroflap. if you want to pm me a code i'll add you in case you come tonight.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

Ouch Sally, Sorry to hear that happened. There are some toons that are untoony. They get their COG all rusty and take it out on the rest of the toons. Their problem is most likely boredom. They have maxed themselves as far as their AMBITION will allow and now they are only playing to torture thos of us that are still ejoying the game.

Susan,

It would probably be easier if you PM me a code. Like I said my wife is laying claim to ToonTown and I have no Idea when or if I will get to play today.

Thanks

S

Steveo

If you need one more Count me in. Maybe we can CFO after a revenge run if eveyone has time.

B

Beachmom321

Sorry you got creamed in the VP, it is always a tough pill to swallow! I will join for the revenge run, I'll come back later to check the status of this plan after grocery shopping (yuck).

I am also free for a few more tf's, if I've seen you around and you'd like to do so ... pm me a code : )