• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Voting for Faction Commanding Lord

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yahaxathonix and I had a brief discussion on Siege this afternoon regarding the process of voting for a faction's Commanding Lord ("CL"). I told him I had some information from a few years ago describing the process, but I'm not sure if it is still accurate. I haven't been active in factions in quite a while now.

Can folks please take a look at this and see if it looks accurate, and if not, what's wrong with it? Thanks.

To become a CL, the character must have a faction rank of at least 6 or be the current CL. [To be in rank 6, you must have at least 70% of the faction's kill points. If you have at least 10 kill points, you lose 10% of your kill points (rounded up to 1) each day; although it appears that at this time atrophy is hitting everyone who has any points.]

Election cycles normally last 9 days and consist of three sub-cycles: a 5-day "election pending" period when no one can vote or run for office; a "campaign" period when up to 10 eligible characters can choose to run for office and that normally runs for 1 day but will go to 2 days if no one is running; and a "voting" period that will last for 3 days but is skipped if only one candidate ran for office.

A rule change made a couple of years ago (along with the change to allow multiple characters from the same account and on the same shard to join the same faction) limits votes to one per account and the voting character must be at least 15 days old.

Is this information still accurate? Also, does anyone know how the winner is determined? Do they just need a simple majority of the votes? Also, what is there is a tie? I found a post from a year or so ago where someone asked this and JC thought that in that case the current CL just continued in office.

Thanks, all!

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only information I have noticed was that if you click on The Faction Stone of the True Britannians, the menu shows with the reference to Vote
for Leadership. If click on the arrow button then shows:

TRUE BRITANNIANS
A new election campaign is pending
Days to go 0
Cancel button

I have only seen the Days to go only up to 3

There is no list of candidates
There is no way to vote.
I also see no method to run for CL.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Later today, I saw a message saying Elections are open.

I when to the Faction stone and saw I could enter as a candidate.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yahaxathonix and I had a brief discussion on Siege this afternoon regarding the process of voting for a faction's Commanding Lord ("CL"). I told him I had some information from a few years ago describing the process, but I'm not sure if it is still accurate. I haven't been active in factions in quite a while now.

Can folks please take a look at this and see if it looks accurate, and if not, what's wrong with it? Thanks.

To become a CL, the character must have a faction rank of at least 6 or be the current CL. [To be in rank 6, you must have at least 70% of the faction's kill points. If you have at least 10 kill points, you lose 10% of your kill points (rounded up to 1) each day; although it appears that at this time atrophy is hitting everyone who has any points.]

Election cycles normally last 9 days and consist of three sub-cycles: a 5-day "election pending" period when no one can vote or run for office; a "campaign" period when up to 10 eligible characters can choose to run for office and that normally runs for 1 day but will go to 2 days if no one is running; and a "voting" period that will last for 3 days but is skipped if only one candidate ran for office.

A rule change made a couple of years ago (along with the change to allow multiple characters from the same account and on the same shard to join the same faction) limits votes to one per account and the voting character must be at least 15 days old.

Is this information still accurate? Also, does anyone know how the winner is determined? Do they just need a simple majority of the votes? Also, what is there is a tie? I found a post from a year or so ago where someone asked this and JC thought that in that case the current CL just continued in office.

Thanks, all!
Hey Tina

as you know from being in factions yourself, the ranking system is all messed up.
you can have a player join that is level 10 the next server down.
and you can have a player who is active and has killpoints who never gets above level 2.

its allways been wonky like that.

but yes, you must be level 6 or higher to even run in an election.

as to who wins its a majority thing.
if there is a tie im not sure how its then decided.
i know from past its not the fella who was CL who continues on cause i lost once that way to one of my alts.
if i had to guess id say its probably alphabetical.
why?
cause everything in UO is alphabetical.

other then that the stuff you listed looks good.

and to the other fella.
when you see "0 days left for an election" the 0 day actually counts as a day.