Virtue Armor/Anniversary stuff and Fel Spawn rate

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 2, 2004
Okay has ANYONE gotten any virtue Armor/Anni stuff? I been hunting since 3:36 pm CDT and zip, nada, nothing! I prefer to hunt the fel dungeons cause the spawn rate WAS faster....Hello!! Who beat on The fel spawn with "NERF STICK"? The fel spawn is slower than tram?? I'm sorry is me or is UO just turn into one big carebear land? What happen risk vs. reward?

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Okay has ANYONE gotten any virtue Armor/Anni stuff? I been hunting since 3:36 pm CDT and zip, nada, nothing! I prefer to hunt the fel dungeons cause the spawn rate WAS faster....Hello!! Who beat on The fel spawn with "NERF STICK"? The fel spawn is slower than tram?? I'm sorry is me or is UO just turn into one big carebear land? What happen risk vs. reward?

[/ QUOTE ]

They thought the faster fel spawn rate was a bug... so they "fixed it"

What they forgot to consider was that most of us who were unaware that this was a bug... hunted in Fel dungeons for this very reason (sometimes I didn't even have time to completely loot the things I killed) and the fast spawn rate... did make felucca more challenging.

I wish they would have kept this bug in...

G

If you think it's painful in Fel, you obviously haven't tried it in Tram.

(risk-vs-reward axiom: the only thing you risk in UO is your time)

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 2, 2004
Great!! No wonder everyone's quitting! This game is head straight into the crapper.
I wish they'd ASKED us BEFORE the nerfed the game? Oh, I'm sorry I forget we don't count for squatt we just PAY to play this mess. Okay Everyone if you don't like this so-called "FIX" please post to my thread and let the dev team know how we feel! So C'mon we're paying for this speak up otherwise we may as well all quit now cause at this rate UO won't last another 6 months tops.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 2, 2004
Well I don't hunt tram much anymore, I got tired of the spawn hogging-leet speakin-bad attitude noobs. I hunt Fel cause if a noob gives me some `tude I let them taste my blade! I also hunt Ish which the spawn isn't too bad but I hunt the less popular places, you might say I'm kind of a anti-social hunter.

G

Um ... trash talk on Legends? Are you sure? The only trash talk I've ever encountered was once at Swoop and once or twice while passing through Luna bank (well, and on U.Hall obviously).

G

Yep, if Fel is bad, Tram's has been virtually non-existent since the "end" of the event they were introduced.

Going from a drop rate of 3 per night to NONE in two weeks in the same location basically made me quit the whole endeavor. Bag of Sending change made it so that it became even more pointless.

B

BadManiac

Took me three full nights of hunting Daemons and Ogre Lords to get a single armor piece in Tram, and because of the BoS nerf I didn't even loot any gold. If I had, I woild have had to run to the bank every 15 minutes and I'd still be hunting!

Spawn rate nerfs and the death of BoS killed PvM for profit. I PvM for fun now, I never even make back the insurance costs should I die during an evening of hunting.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 2, 2004
Yeah Maple, I've had some trash talkers but not in while. Pm me if ya want names, lol. Please Devs PLEASE fix the spawn rate in fel and tram. Please fix the Virtue armor and stuff drop rate.. Please! Everybody that reads this and agrees PLEASE post tell the dev team you want it fixed! Please lets get this thread over 1000 posts!! C'mon Uhall you can do it!!

G

Anti-Virtue Dungeon Arties aren't that hard to get...if you do the first few Tiers of a champ spawn in Fel. Can expect to get 1-3 of them in the time it takes to get the champ to 3rd Tier. When 3rd Tier, it's best to leave, that's usually when the Spy Cam/Ghost Cam guilds raid.

G

I still have a couple of areas that I "PvM for profit", however right now, I'm doing MUCH better working the BOD system all the way around (especially with where I'm mining currently).

G

um ... actually I forgot to mention that I'm not actually opposed to a super-slow drop rate now that it's a post-event bonus - I see them as a sort of a rare for lower-end characters.

Sorry to hear you've had bad experiences with people - no I'd rather not know names, I prefer to avoid "getting involved" anywhere but stratics

G

I agree 100% the spawn rate in fel is way way too slow now, no sense hunting in fel anymore, it's just not worth it.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 21, 2006
Atlantic
You can blame Wilki for the spawn rate change.

His explanation doesn't entirely make sense though, as his claim that the "bug" only affected subservers containing champ spawns is an erroneous statement. Overland areas that are clearly not on the same subserver as champion spawns had double spawn rates before the "fix", indicating that the "bug" was affecting all of Felucca. Now, after the "fix", these same overland areas have excruciatingly slow spawn rates.

This might indicate that the spawn rate override really was intended for all of Felucca, and that Wilki was just reading too much into the comment.

The oddest part of this entire ordeal is the fact that I have occasionally noticed spawns in Ilshenar and Tokuno going at the double rate previously seen in Felucca. Which means that the progression of Risk vs. Reward in Fel in concerns to spawn has gone from 4x better reward for the risk than Trammel rulesets (double resources and double spawn rate), to 2x better reward for the risk than Trammel rulesets (double resources and the same spawn rate), to way more risk for no increased reward whatsoever (double resources, but half the spawn rate of Trammel rulesets).

In conclusion: Honestly, what the hell? Put it back now.

I

imported_trammelite

here on europa i do not experience any problems with the virtue/anni arties. in average it takes around 30-45 minutes in fel for one drop when farming and there is no special trick about it.
my experience is, better kill 1000's of low level mobs than hunting the biggies, for example, equip your lizardman slayer on your strong melee warrior and do rounds through despise lev 1. once your finished with one round, the mob definitely has respawned. too, you might end up near the entrance, so you could quickly walk the few steps outside, recall home to unload hides and gold and be right back for the next turn. if you get tired of stopping to loot, have a friend join to skin/loot the corpses while one of you slaughters the critters.
the higher level critters mostly live in crowded places, attracting the occasional red, so your danger of an encounter is reduced and your chance to dodge a possible attacker is increased when staying away from these "points of interest".

C

Connor_Graham

It's just a bad roll of the RNG for you. I got 4 on the Tram side in Despise just going from 40-85 in Macing just last week. This was in the space of maybe 4-5 hours total.

G

Since the introduction to AoS there is no point to go hunting in Fel dungeons anymore. Other than Champ Spawns and Harrowers.

The dungeons are empty because monsters offer pointelss loot. I'm sorry, but even the Virtue armor is useless. I throw all mine away at the bank.

It used to be that when you kileld a high end moster you had a chance of a really nice weapon. this is no longer the case unless you are doing a peerless or Doom Gauntlet. So basically every dungeon in the game is a total and complete waste of time, except for new palyers.

If you think I am wrong, then go to any Fel dungeon that doesnt have a champ spawn and see if you actually find a player in there. In the old days every dungeon was swarmng with people, it's sad this is no longer the case.

And really... do you expect people like Wilki to actually get something accomplished taht makse sense? Cmon this is the fool who gave us the bacon in our gift boxes... and to make maters worse, the bacon was a mistake.

Sorry Wilki, BUT I AM SICK OF YOU AND YOUR TEAMS INABILITY TO GET ANYTHING DONE CORRECTLY OR IN AN ORDER THAT MAKES SENSE. YOU ARE USELESS AND SHOULD LEAVE UO FOR A RESTURAUNT JOB!! AT LEAST WHEN YOU MESS UP THERE THE CUSTOMERS CAN YELL AT YOU, AND YOU WON"T HAVE THE ABILITY TO HIDE BEHIND A VIRTUAL WORLD.

I've been playing this game for 10 years and it's still the same old garbage excuses, or game chages that all of a sudden appear without discussion to the community.

Like the proposed Arch Cure changes... thank god it took everyone screaming for you to realize how it was probably one of the stupidest ideas to come out of your guys tiny little brains... and you guys have amde some realy doozies.

I've said it before and I will say it again, remove your head from your butt and take a breath before you suffocate!!

This will probably be my last post as I am sure Staritcs will ban me for speaking the truth. But so be it, at least I spoke my mind.

P

Pfffft

ROFL!!

Funny and true.

Don't foret about how they added the Super Dragons. Once again they make changes to the game without first fixing the broken parts.

Maybe he should take a breath of air.

In B4 The Lock!!

G

Don't get me wrong, I get no enjoyment out off critisizing him, it's just that I am so over it I just don't care anymore.

I am pretty much about ready to cancel my 6 accounts.

I just seems that so many things are left unfinished. How long did it take the Devs to remove the stupid Generals from Terra Keep? It was almost a year after they were introduced.

They destroyed Magincia, which was one of the places a red could go heal and find a healer with relative ease. Now not only is Mag a desert, reds are left to wander the world looking for a res. Yes I know there is Moonglow and Trinny, but they are alwasy all over the place and can take 15 minutes sometimes to find a res.

A simple fix to appease most reds is to make all the blue wandering healers in Fel red.

But I guess this makes to much sense to be implemented. Besides they would have to remove their Dev resources from making neon candy canes to changing the healers colors, so that will never happen sicne candy canes are way more important

G

dude relax,

I believe that wilki has moved on to another company, so no worries there.

as far as closing accounts, well I am with you there, down to just my first account (had 7 at one time)

even with the lack of progress, I can still justify paying about $140 a year for a game. Its still the cheapest enterainment for my money.

G

I know where you are coming from but...

Insert any Devs name in place of Wilki!

I sometimes think: Devs = Gate Trash. Some of the blues hiding in the gate are the Devs who cant PvP, so they imbalance PvP just so they can compete. Makes sense to me, if you cant write code worth a darn than you probably cant pvp worth a darn either.

The way I see it the devs have no respect for the PvP community. They prove it by ignoring PvP as they do, or by making changes that make no sense like PvPing with super dragons.

They are as stupid today as they were when they released 99 HP damage Word of Deaths to the public shards...and then said oops.

So I have no respect for them! and will continue to flame them until they get off their respective assets and properly address PvP issues!