• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Video card problems

Phangs_of_Phage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey guys, I just put a old Radeon 3400 series card with 512mb video memory in. All other 3d games work fine (WoW showed some graphical tearing but not much). And for each teran tile half of it is like a black triangle. The rest of the textures are fine its just the terrain. Drivers are up to date and such. Anyone got any ideas?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hey guys, I just put a old Radeon 3400 series card with 512mb video memory in. All other 3d games work fine (WoW showed some graphical tearing but not much). And for each teran tile half of it is like a black triangle. The rest of the textures are fine its just the terrain. Drivers are up to date and such. Anyone got any ideas?
Phangs, I just posted a thread about having the same problem with black triangles. Did your problem get fixed, and if so, how? For me it's the terrain, dungeons, luna bank floor, etc - but not inside my house. I've been playing EC with ATI Radeon HD 4200 for a while but only got the black triangles a couple weeks ago. Have not changed graphic setup but reinstalled just to make sure with no improvement. Wondering if it's because of EC updates. Thanks

Phangs_of_Phage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Phangs, I just posted a thread about having the same problem with black triangles. Did your problem get fixed, and if so, how? For me it's the terrain, dungeons, luna bank floor, etc - but not inside my house. I've been playing EC with ATI Radeon HD 4200 for a while but only got the black triangles a couple weeks ago. Have not changed graphic setup but reinstalled just to make sure with no improvement. Wondering if it's because of EC updates. Thanks
There was a hotfix for Skyrim and Diablo 3 that I installed and that fixed it. It just wasnt registering as an autoupdate.

Phangs_of_Phage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

AMD Catalyst™ 12.4a Hotfix Driver

Thats a link to it