• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vice vs Virtue Review

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
http://www.jcthebuilder.com/vacancy-vs-virtue/

I'll give you all the summary: It is falling flat. Here are the three main reasons:
  1. There needs to be rewards that will entice players to participate, especially veterans. Rewards that make people who don’t participate jealous and encourages them to join in.
  2. There needs to be a reason to capture a town beyond grinding silver. A sense of urgency to draw players to fight.
  3. There needs to be a scoring system. Preferably with online leaderboards as we had with Factions.
As it stands right now I can't get excited about this. And from what I can tell a lot of people are feeling the same way. I really hope there is going to be more changes and additions to this system in the near future.
As we've talked about in other threads, we are constantly looking to improve upon VvV and will continue to support the system moving forward. It's feedback like this that will help us get there. With regards to your points...different people are going put different values on certain rewards. If you like to decorate, then decorations are going to appeal to someone more than someone who is more interested in suit building, and is eyeing a prized artifact. Based on your assessment, you aren't interested in potions, mounts, hair dye, artifacts, hooded robes, the pardon, decorations, or anything that is going to boost your skills...so what's left? What kind of reward would you be interested in?

As to your second and third points, making the results of the battles more impactful and adding leaderboards in game as well as with the new MyUO are next up in terms of big new features for VvV. Our immediate goal was to address some of the major concerns with flagging in PvP and providing an easy-in/easy-out, fast paced PvP experience. So far I think we've accomplished that, and as we continue to balance various aspects and make things more impactful we can address these concerns.

As far as your wider point about the wider why you don't "pick" a side to join - this was part of the original concept but there were many concerns voiced about how to regulate those that would seek to join a side only to attack one's teammates, as well as concerns that individuals simply did not want to be forced to join a team with someone that they viewed as a mortal enemy.

Thanks again for the feedback!