• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vet reward balance for younger players

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First off, yes I hate that shard shields are only available to vets.

Why should i and others be punished for finding this game later than others?

Now how about all vet rewards be available to all players?
Vets get the rewards for free but why cant younger players BUY them for cash in the store?

Shard shields and Davies Lockers etc I for one would buy

Come on Mesanna lets get some balance here, transfer tokens are 90m MILLION to buy from player vendors in ALT which is just outrageous, on my home shard none come up in the search.......

Surely you want to keep players happy? the vets get them for free, CHARGE us so younger players can at least have the ability to enjoy them to

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should sell most items in the store imho

Just last night I was look at a new game and was thinking about trying it out, then I found out that early donators got extra perks and items that I couldn’t ever get. I have seen this over and over on many online games, I walk away from all of them.
I don’t mind having to buy items if I really want them but not being able to be equal to other players is a NO GO for Me.

I have every vet reward and can claim 20plus shields so this post isn’t me wanting transfer shield or any vet items. I have had my own accounts since 1999.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why not make the shard shields like the house teleports the vet version has no charges the store version needs charged
Make them cost $50 each and has to be charged 100 recalls per use or something?

Just a thought

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OUTSTANDING idea. They can charge you $120 per year that you are missing to upgrade your account and they can do this right after they create a vet reward turn in for all the new rewards added that we wasted our picks on because they weren't offered at the time. We had to use 3rd yr vet reward to get an ethy and now all you new vets get them after 1 year or better yet how about all those soulstones that we missed out on supporting the game so you could become a member of UO.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You aren't being punished for finding the game later. The "vet's" are being REWARDED for paying $10-13 a month, for ONE HUNDRED SIXTY EIGHT MONTHS to get the shard shields.
Yes they are, and they do deserve recognition for sure. But this greatly imbalances the game for example rares and events. Like it or not, players have chars on several shards now,( the transfer argument is long gone, server history and identity is dead and gone, no going back) But why can't "lesser" players not enjoy the luxury of free passage and the great shinnies? I think this will be a way to general HUGE income for Broadsword, enhancing the game experience for everyone who wants to indulge and surely prolong subs and the life of the game? We are hitting 21 years and I dread to think whats coming to further imbalance the game between the elite and the minions........
I quit when the shard shields came out, I raged at Mesanna and whoever would listen about how unbalanced the shields were. I saw Event rares freely moving to Atlantic so the Vets get richer. We see it in real life worldwide with the top 10% controlling the money and populous of the world, surely we should not have it in a game we use to escape reality?
Like I say reward the veteran players, they DO deserve it, all of it, but I would like to have the ability to have shard shields, Davies locker and teleports (Vet ones, not Micky mouse ones)etc and not having my pants pulled down by players that sell on vendors.

Mesanna I have money to spend here, and I am sure others do to!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Teleporter tiles 90m gold on Atlantic REALLY?????
Char transfer 90m gold

I have been away for 5 years and its gone totally insane, in game sellers market

However on Europa, I have been back 3 weeks now, loving starting from scratch again. NO transfer tokens, No teleporters, NO Davie's Locker in vendor search. lol you cant even buy bright bulrush seeds via the vendor so I am growing them myself, and remembering the nostalgia and loving it, but I cant grow teleporters in the garden !

and even if I do get lucky and grab some at an idoc ( no chance by the way, All idoc this week a teleporter tile and Davies locker got hoovered up before the bricks hit the ground (thats another problem)

Money I have to spend, but the commodity I want is not for sale.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
have you thought about giving Siege Perilous a try?

some of the stuff you might like there:

no shard transfers to or off that shard, so that issue simply doesn't exist.
a functioning economy that is not completely out of whack - e.g. vet tele tiles usually go for around 9 mil, soulstones (the shop ones) have been going for around 3 mil lately, sometimes less.
you can buy most other vet rewards for gold from players at roughly 500k to 1 mil per year, so it won't be long until you have all the vet rewards you need.

If you are interested and need some help and/or info on how to get started, don't hesitate to contact me and I'll be happy to help out. Bring a friend or two and make this your great new adventure!

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the devs have already given the ability for all payers to use all vet rewards except shard shields. the teleporters ive seen are 50 to 55 mil. just because someone puts a price/90 mil on something doesn't mean they will get it, or that's the going price. for years I couldn't use many vet rewards. I didn't cry, I just went and had fun playing. all players can get what they want if they work for it. one thing I will agree with is the cheating, scripting ect…, at idocs. most have no chance to get that teleporter or davies locker or most good items. the devs have failed in this area and many others concerning cheating. why isnt something done about this. how can a guy that does idocs, 50 or more a week, is able to cheat/script everyday and is still playing the game. anyone that does a lot/enough of idocs knows cheating is happening everyday. if items like vet rewards are put in store, im will be done the game and u can have my teleporters and lockers for free lol.

Last edited:

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes they are, and they do deserve recognition for sure. But this greatly imbalances the game for example rares and events. Like it or not, players have chars on several shards now,( the transfer argument is long gone, server history and identity is dead and gone, no going back) But why can't "lesser" players not enjoy the luxury of free passage and the great shinnies? I think this will be a way to general HUGE income for Broadsword, enhancing the game experience for everyone who wants to indulge and surely prolong subs and the life of the game? We are hitting 21 years and I dread to think whats coming to further imbalance the game between the elite and the minions........
I quit when the shard shields came out, I raged at Mesanna and whoever would listen about how unbalanced the shields were. I saw Event rares freely moving to Atlantic so the Vets get richer. We see it in real life worldwide with the top 10% controlling the money and populous of the world, surely we should not have it in a game we use to escape reality?
Like I say reward the veteran players, they DO deserve it, all of it, but I would like to have the ability to have shard shields, Davies locker and teleports (Vet ones, not Micky mouse ones)etc and not having my pants pulled down by players that sell on vendors.

Mesanna I have money to spend here, and I am sure others do to!
My answer
The key word being REWARD. I have played this game non stop since it's very beginning ,some from beta. Some of us have multiple accounts. Translate that into dollars, time spent loving and playing and oh yes and loyalty to the game!. Yes I feel that Vets should be distinguished from newcomers who like you ,want it all. Try playing the game with all you have now .There is plenty to keep you busy , plenty of fun to had. Let the Elders have their perks. or buy them from those that will sell them.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
But why can't "lesser" players not enjoy the luxury of free passage and the great shinnies?
In my opinion, not everybody is "entitled" to everything. In UO, the "Vet" players have earned that right, through paying for those accounts for years. In RL, by earning the $$$ to buy the things they want. Not everybody is entitled to a big house, a Cadillac, a Mercedes, or a Ferrari. Or shard shields. But, I can also see some merit in your stance about putting them in the UO store, IF the cost were equal to the cost of raising your account to the level of the reward. No cheaper. Again, just my opinion.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My answer
The key word being REWARD. I have played this game non stop since it's very beginning ,some from beta. Some of us have multiple accounts. Translate that into dollars, time spent loving and playing and oh yes and loyalty to the game!. Yes I feel that Vets should be distinguished from newcomers who like you ,want it all. Try playing the game with all you have now .There is plenty to keep you busy , plenty of fun to had. Let the Elders have their perks. or buy them from those that will sell them.
I have been playing for 7 years, not a newcomer at all

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My answer
shard shields are account bound of course, so cannot be bought hence the reason for my post

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In my opinion, not everybody is "entitled" to everything. In UO, the "Vet" players have earned that right, through paying for those accounts for years. In RL, by earning the $$$ to buy the things they want. Not everybody is entitled to a big house, a Cadillac, a Mercedes, or a Ferrari. Or shard shields. But, I can also see some merit in your stance about putting them in the UO store, IF the cost were equal to the cost of raising your account to the level of the reward. No cheaper. Again, just my opinion.
thats why I suggest players having to BUY them, not entitlement like vet players, but have the ability to pay for them, understand?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
thats why I suggest players having to BUY them, not entitlement like vet players, but have the ability to pay for them, understand?
So, I read you have been playing for 7 years. So, doing some math, 7 years=84 months. Even assuming you paid 6 months at a time, 84 months at $10.00 a month equates to $840 to "advance your account" to 14 years. If you are OK paying that to get shard shields I would be as well, should BS/EA/UO allow that. If you think they should be $20-50 or something like that, I would ask you think about all of the people who did pay a MINIMUM of $1,760 (168 months x $10.00 per month) and look at it from their point of view.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, I read you have been playing for 7 years. So, doing some math, 7 years=84 months. Even assuming you paid 6 months at a time, 84 months at $10.00 a month equates to $840 to "advance your account" to 14 years. If you are OK paying that to get shard shields I would be as well, should BS/EA/UO allow that. If you think they should be $20-50 or something like that, I would ask you think about all of the people who did pay a MINIMUM of $1,760 (168 months x $10.00 per month) and look at it from their point of view.
That's why they get them for free. Players with less time should not have the privilege of having them as a rewards, but they should be able to have them if they wish to buy.

Also, what if someone like me wants to but a set of shard shields, plus a few teleporters, and a Davies locker

That's a lot of money that vet players did not pay

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's why they get them for free. Players with less time should not have the privilege of having them as a rewards, but they should be able to have them if they wish to buy.

Also, what if someone like me wants to but a set of shard shields, plus a few teleporters, and a Davies locker

That's a lot of money that vet players did not pay
You are oblivious to the wait time between receiving these reward . we didn't just click several boxes and get all these rewards at one time. Why should you?
Each reward came at a different time .We didn't jut raise our hands and say gimee

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Soo let's say you get your way and they decide you can buy with real life money your account up to 14 years/168 months so you can get shard shields. So then when you check your account age it will show 2 numbers and 1 of those will be your accounts actual age and the 2nd will be the year you unlocked for reward choices.

IMO you will still need to earn the available choices you get every year just like the veterans did.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A few days ago we had a philosophical radio transmission. Comparing the own situation against others will not keep you lucky. It's always the same. Somebody has something better than me:
Partner, car, pool, shard shield.
I want to give my bronze robe away to get another vet reward. Unfair¡¿

We are living in a unequal world without the chance to equalize everthing.

This may sound negative, but the positive fact is, there are more than one person playing the game. I can transfer to some shards. Just ask, there will no fee.
I am sure you have a lot of friends which will do the same.
So a solution is just a click away.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are oblivious to the wait time between receiving these reward . we didn't just click several boxes and get all these rewards at one time. Why should you?
Each reward came at a different time .We didn't jut raise our hands and say gimee
I am not asking for something for free, I want to be able to buy them, I think gimme and ££££$$$$ are totally different don't you?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A few days ago we had a philosophical radio transmission. Comparing the own situation against others will not keep you lucky. It's always the same. Somebody has something better than me:
Partner, car, pool, shard shield.
I want to give my bronze robe away to get another vet reward. Unfair¡¿

We are living in a unequal world without the chance to equalize everthing.

This may sound negative, but the positive fact is, there are more than one person playing the game. I can transfer to some shards. Just ask, there will no fee.
I am sure you have a lot of friends which will do the same.
So a solution is just a click away.
That certainly was the case 5/6 years ago, But my home shard is like a ghost town sadly :(.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just so there is NO misunderstanding, well there seems to be so lets put it right.
Vets DESERVE the rewards, no argument there. I am happy for you, you did well. ok!

Now what is the harm is selling the same items to younger players.

To me all I see is I have them you can't which is SELFISH

I am NOT asking for something for nothing I am asking for the ability to be able to PAY my way. Whats wrong with that?

Please stop with the "you want everything for nothing" nonsense as this is not what I am asking.

It does NOT affect the Vets, it has NOTHING to do with the Vets, so I don't know why the Vets are so anti

Delores D

Journeyman
Mr Flash,
Say you have been at your present job for 20 years.
Would you want a new person just starting out in the place where you work, not knowing what you do about the job, that he/she has just started, get the same salary as you?

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just so there is NO misunderstanding, well there seems to be so lets put it right.
Vets DESERVE the rewards, no argument there. I am happy for you, you did well. ok!

Now what is the harm is selling the same items to younger players.

To me all I see is I have them you can't which is SELFISH

I am NOT asking for something for nothing I am asking for the ability to be able to PAY my way. Whats wrong with that?

Please stop with the "you want everything for nothing" nonsense as this is not what I am asking.

It does NOT affect the Vets, it has NOTHING to do with the Vets, so I don't know why the Vets are so anti
Please stop with the "selfish" ploy .It I basic Greed to say I can pay .I WANT WHAT I WANT NOW. Try answering the question above, would you ask others to pay all that money for each item?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are more than welcome to pay to go from one shard to another and it is the same way we did before we hit the 14 year mark and they can be acquired by anybody playing UO, they are called Transfer Tokens and you can get as many as you want so please feel free to go to the EA store and buy all the sovereigns you want and then use them in the UO store to get your tokens. I also find it very hard to believe that Europa is as dead as you claim it to be because every time I go there I have no problem finding people in Gen Chat but I guess if I came off as being entitled all the time then no one would want to talk to me either.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The youth of today ladies and gentleman. "We deserve what everyone else has worked for!"

Im sorry young buck. As a 20 year vet I say no. Do what I did. Build characters on different shards. But I have had 20+ years to do so!
I am 44 thanks, am once again I am asking to BUY items, not asking, it seems that some people are missing this point. Protect what I have as you look down at others, Wow what qualities. This is a game by the way, you worked for nothing, you PLAYED never forget this.

I find it do disappointing that people feel the need to attack to defend what they were given, and feel so offended and threatened that others want to buy them
Here is another angle. How about a 20 year that spent many of the picks and now wants a complete set of shard shields but does not have enough picks. How about they are also able to buy the extras? How dare they

So no sense of sharing, or community, just mine mine mine, you cant have it.

Once again, YOU get it for free. Other want to BUY, how exactly does this hurt and affect you?

Just remember, if this game finishes all your pixel crack is gone, forever. Its not yours! so what harm is it doing your gameplay that others can buy nice in game things? Please elaborate why this issue outrageous a request?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In fact, why are Vet players answering me, you have no say, no opinion, Its down to Mesanna etc to reply, If they don't want extra revenue so be it, but I find it quite amusing that Vets clam up spit out diamonds when their comfy lives seem to be threatened, which of course they are not, Not like I can use your shields is it. lol

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not very likely to get an official reply here Jack, maybe try on the other forum? Although I'm not sure when Messana last posted there....

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not very likely to get an official reply here Jack, maybe try on the other forum? Although I'm not sure when Messana last posted there....
Thank you for reply and being very civil and helpful, very welcome and refreshing. I will start a conversation with Mesanna and politely ask if Broadsword want some more income. I am appalled at the attitude form the self confessed "elite" for which I have little respect for now.
I once remember this game for its community spirit and helping and sharing. What has it become?

I bet these people don't offer change to the homeless, or anything community based to help others, I am alright Jack, Better change my char name :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In fact, why are Vet players answering me, you have no say, no opinion, Its down to Mesanna etc to reply, If they don't want extra revenue so be it, but I find it quite amusing that Vets clam up spit out diamonds when their comfy lives seem to be threatened, which of course they are not, Not like I can use your shields is it. lol
Go buy transfer tokens problem solved.

Dorset

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@jack flash uk

Good try, but you'll never win with most of this lot.

People need to be encouraged to play and more important STAY playing this 20+ year old game, not keep certain items back because you've only paid for a minimal 7 years!
What a short time aye.

Before I get slated, I've played this game from when the lights when on. I was one from an era when your parents friends use to think something was wrong with your home landline, it as just me on this awesome game.
I've built accounts on most shards, deleted accounts, rage quit and still continued to pay, then started again!

Whatever people think about shard shields, it does give you an advantage on certain items and certain parts of the game.
I now help people I've met along the way, I transfer items for them or bring items back from other shards. But players should not have to rely on others for this, when the game is in a state of players/subscribers that it is.

I have no problem with players getting the same items as me for only playing/paying a shorter amount of time. Honestly who gives a cr#p?

Do people really think riding around on a spider, or being able to transfer items between shards is value for money for what they have paid? I do not pay this game for value for money, that's for sure.

:popcorn::pint::popcorn:

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am 44 thanks, am once again I am asking to BUY items, not asking, it seems that some people are missing this point. Protect what I have as you look down at others, Wow what qualities. This is a game by the way, you worked for nothing, you PLAYED never forget this.

I find it do disappointing that people feel the need to attack to defend what they were given, and feel so offended and threatened that others want to buy them
Here is another angle. How about a 20 year that spent many of the picks and now wants a complete set of shard shields but does not have enough picks. How about they are also able to buy the extras? How dare they

So no sense of sharing, or community, just mine mine mine, you cant have it.

Once again, YOU get it for free. Other want to BUY, how exactly does this hurt and affect you?

Just remember, if this game finishes all your pixel crack is gone, forever. Its not yours! so what harm is it doing your gameplay that others can buy nice in game things? Please elaborate why this issue outrageous a request?

Ya got me Jack :gee:

Short answer. They already allow you to purchase Shard Transfer tokens. You have to buy individual tokens. If you were able to buy a Shard Shield, they would lose out on those said tokens that you can buy.

I didnt attack you. I assumed you were a 20 year old.

How you got "no sense of sharing and community" is beyond me.

I mean, you want an xfer shield, to use the xfer token to transfer your character and its pixels to another shard....The same way we want to protect our pixel rewards.

And im fully aware that when this game shuts its doors and closes its servers, that all the pixel crack goes away....as does your Shard Shield.

Also I dont think its an outrageous request. I just dont think it should be implemented.

ALSO ALSO, I think its kinda disappointing when someone has a differing opinion and its labeled as an attack and offensive.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
transfer tokens are 90m MILLION to buy from player vendors in ALT which is just outrageous
I agree. They should just make the tokens account bound. Problem solved.
(Or even better, it should just be a number on your account and no in-game item, so you can't dupe them.)

BUY them for cash in the store?
Since you're eager to spend some money, go buy your tokens from the store. Problem solved.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for reply and being very civil and helpful, very welcome and refreshing. I will start a conversation with Mesanna and politely ask if Broadsword want some more income. I am appalled at the attitude form the self confessed "elite" for which I have little respect for now.
I once remember this game for its community spirit and helping and sharing. What has it become?

I bet these people don't offer change to the homeless, or anything community based to help others, I am alright Jack, Better change my char name :)
You have yet to answer if you would pay a years subscription cost per year to advance to 14 years. It has been asked twice. Also a vet token will not move you to another shard. You can only take what is in the bank and stable. The vet token s are make for transfer and return. The store tokens are one way transfer of everything but house.

So the store token is what you need.

Also mark me as an elitist.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Someone who played UO longer than me has something I don’t have! There are lots of cool things I’d love to have in the game but I can’t because some other jack ass has it not me! All shard transfers have accomplished is encouraging everything to centralize on Atlantic. As a shield owner all I use mine for is Atlantic shopping trips and then going home to the much more fun, and less laggy Pacific.

As others have said you can buy those tokens, make characters on other servers, etc. Why should they change it?

Last edited:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
every year players pay a monthly fee for a year to get rewards so theses rewards are not actually free because we earned them by paying every month to get one. but you want one and will pay for it are you willing to pay the cost of what the players have paid yearly to get their rewards, or do you think you should get it for less because your a

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I hear ya man. The couple of childish attacks in this thread say it all ;) But this has been discussed endlessly, and people every time come up with ridiculous solutions like paying up $1000 for shard shields. Also every time, they totally neglect that they paid for access to a service all those years, not only to save up against their vet rewards. But that's all :bdh:. They would price a soulstone at 12 months of gametime, since it is a one-year vet reward. Spend your money somewhere else, UO does not want it.

On the flipside, it's keeping Atlantic busy. Little new players will stay for long on a quite shard with almost no vendors and the prospect of begging other people for the next 14 years if they need supplies ^^

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lovely topic.

Shields create major imbalance. Period it's nothing they ever should have made in the first place.

Being a paying customer to receive a service (Being able to play) should not bring you anything which creates such an imbalance. However I can see giving special titles or a shiny clothing which don't have properties.

If they really want to give out rewards which actually "do something" everyone should be able to choose any item once a year is fully paid.

And before now someone come and said "but we paid 14 years till we got them"
Yes you did BUT from these 14 years 13 did not even HAD the shields existing in the first place..

BS is selling a service which you pay to use no idea how the entitle you to get such advantages.

And telling new joiners "well you have to play now 14 years" or "buy crazy expensive transfer token" or even better "find someone who can take your item for you" is a ****ing joke...

Ask the EU-1 guys who recently got scammed for billions by one of their own... They will tell you how good is it to trust someone....

But I guess as long as we have people who think they are special because they started to play earlier and now holding back BS because of this or insist on an old client and force the dev to maintain 2 we will not have any issue wihh new joiners anyway...

They should sell everything player want in uo store as the majority of games do.

Sell what the 3rd party sites do but cheaper to push them out of the market and use the money for more staff..

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It also works the other way around....
The Devs introduced the Commodity deed box as a Year 1 vet reward......meaning some of us had to use a year 14 vet reward just to get a year 1 reward.....

Many ways to introduce vet rewards to younger players have been given over the years.
It seems they don't "want" the extra cash from sales as they would no longer be able to use the excuse "we don't have the cash to do x...y...z..."

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It also works the other way around....
The Devs introduced the Commodity deed box as a Year 1 vet reward......meaning some of us had to use a year 14 vet reward just to get a year 1 reward.....

Many ways to introduce vet rewards to younger players have been given over the years.
It seems they don't "want" the extra cash from sales as they would no longer be able to use the excuse "we don't have the cash to do x...y...z..."
You are comparing apples and cherries.

The usage value of a commo box is nothing compared to the value of the shield...

Also. Every one has a commo by default - the bank box.

Furthermore as you said. You can use a 14th year reward to get the box but you don't have to as you can buy in game and u got a bank box
But a new joiner cannot use his reward to get a shield even close.. He cannot buy one in store or game.

Slight difference or?

I agree with you on the other part... They could make tons of money but it looks as they don't want..

Well instead of they hire corrupt Ems. Well haha