• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Very Diffrent build

V

VazTheSpaz

animal lore
animal training
chivarley
archery
tactics
lumber jacking
bowcraft

G

Archer/tamer, huh? Well, I personally would put veterinary in there, unless you're confident you can keep up your pets' health through chivalry alone. Of course, putting veterinary in there means you have to put something out.

V

VazTheSpaz

i am hopeing to keep my pets health up with chiv but i know nothing of the game just bought it

G

I see.

Well, I'm not the one that gives advice on making the ultimate super duper killing machine, the template of all templates. I'll just say this: make a template YOU are comfortable with. Then experiment.

One of the best ways to experiment is test center. Or you can try it on a production shard and hope it satisfies you.

In any case, an archer/tamer template is viable. Some tamers, including myself, have taken it up and found its niche.

If you want to see an example of an archer/tamer template, here's mine.

115 Archery (couldn't afford a 120 scroll...)
105 Animal lore (... so I put my extra 5 points in a random skill)
100 Animal Taming
100 Veterinary
100 Tactics
100 Chivalry
100 Focus
-----------
720 total

G

Seriousy you would do well to move the LJ and bowcraft to a diferent character. I say this because you realy need the carpentry skill on a LJ to make boards form the colored logs you will eventually chop. This will allow you to add in vet and also some magery for gating new pets to the stables. Speeking of stables if you only stay with taming and lore you will only get 3 stable slots untill you GM thoes two skill. Here is the break down of stable slots.

Everybody 3 stable slot to start
240 skill points combined tame, lore, vet = 5
Every skill at GM, 110, 120 will get another one per skill milestone for a max of 14 stable slots at 120 in all three skills.

V

VazTheSpaz

Im trying to stay away from magery. But replace vet in and something esle sounds good

G

i'm sure someone will say you can just use items, but i'd suggest focus or med, otherwise it will be a hard road to keep up heals

V

VazTheSpaz

I got lore training tracking chiv archer tactis, what else shouldi get to complement what i already have?

I

imported_IgotWood

here's my build that i absolutely have fallen in love with, first time tamer

120 archery
115 taming
110 lore
110 vet
100 tact
110 bush
75 chiv

and with items i still have 40 points left over...need more 120's

I

imported_Sarphus

LOL

It does...

It sounds like he played WoW, where everyone is a crafter. In UO, you have Artisans and you have warriors, but people can still be artisan warriors. Most people specialize... through hybridization... if that makes any sense lol