• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Alchemy] Vendoring Potion Kegs vs Bottles

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone sell 100 packs of bottled potions vs. the common practice of selling a full keg of potions on their vendor?

What drawbacks would you foresee of doing this?

I understand there would be a possibility of a slight mark-up required for selling the bottled form but 100 bottles at 5 gold each is roughly the same if I bought empty kegs from another player vendor...so might not even have to do that.

There is also a small annoying bug of gardening with bottled potions vs kegs, something like you have to move the potions around in your main pack before they are recognized or something. So might affect my gardener customers slightly.

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone sell 100 packs of bottled potions vs. the common practice of selling a full keg of potions on their vendor?

What drawbacks would you foresee of doing this?

I understand there would be a possibility of a slight mark-up required for selling the bottled form but 100 bottles at 5 gold each is roughly the same if I bought empty kegs from another player vendor...so might not even have to do that.

There is also a small annoying bug of gardening with bottled potions vs kegs, something like you have to move the potions around in your main pack before they are recognized or something. So might affect my gardener customers slightly.
At one time, when you used potions from a stack, the empties did not automatically restack with each other, and you had a mess in your pack, especially if you did mass plantings with multiple potion types. That's no longer an issue.

The primary advantage is, an empty potion keg is only 20 stones - 100 empty bottles are 100 stones. And, as far as I can tell, other than the easier to distinguish graphic, there really aren't any other advantages.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there is one major advantage. you don't have to double click 100 times to get your pots outta the keg.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick question from a recently returned player who has no knowledge of potion kegs: are the kegs used to fill bottles with the potion they contain, or can they be put in a backpack and used directly? If both are possible, I'm guessing for a major encounter you'd want the keg over the stack of bottles for the reduced weight.

Thanks!

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
weight is a different story.
a full keg(100 pots) weight 100 stones, as does 100 pots.
however no, you will have to have a bottle in your pack to fill from the keg, you cannot just drink from it.