• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vendor Search Reoccuring Problems... Trying To Be Nice :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
To be as constructive as possible... I sent the following bug report concerning reoccurring problems with vendor search.

1. New items not showing up in search (coffee plants, probably the new veteran rewards, and to be preemptive the up coming "Holiday gifts" etc). I think it might be nice to automatically or manually refresh the database when new items are added to the game. As opposed to looking at it when I melt down and post like a raving loonie, lol.

Just an FYI. For example you can throw an item in a bag and describe (1000000, coffee plant) the bag "coffee plant" and the bag will show up in search if someone searches for "coffee". Just sayin'... so even if the art isn't in the search system we can find the item. Not sure really how the search system works... but I know this works for me when selling.

2. Search items being cut off. Often if you search high to low, then search low to high different items appear. For example if you search from low to high often the last partial page of high end items don't appear. If you then search high to low the last partial page of low end items don't appear. So for example if someone is searching high to low, and you have set the lowest price for an item, it might not show up unless the person reverses their search and searches again.

There is my respectable polite post on the subject. Let's see what Happens :)

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would also like to add Easter bunnies to the list. I know when I was looking for them a while ago I had to search each city by name. It would not show up in a search for Easter or bunny. The Easter baskets, eggs, and grass would show but not the bunnies.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'd also like to add EM greetings sashes. You can find them by searching for the EM's name, and (since the recent index update that got other newer items included into search) you can find older sashes, but you can't find any new ones that come out if you just search for "greeting".

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well Mesanna says the database will be updated after Thanksgiving (although I noticed things like Coffee Plant are showing up). It's a manual process each time new items are added. No comment on items being cut off on the high and low end :( Hopefully things get added as soon as possible with Christmas gifts...

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A simple thing that i'd like to see is after you type your item name in the search window your allowed to press enter after the name and automatically search and not have to go down and manually press the <search> button. tehehe :) *i'm so selfish* ;)

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The items showing differently between low to high vs high to low searches is because as it did when first implemented, the search is "rounding down" to a full page. So if 5 items show per page, and your search finds 6 items, it displays the first 5. This error WAS fixed, it's been doing it again for some time.

Also it would be great if the system were "purged" of false returns every so often. There have been quite a few items that show for sale at the VDP that aren't actually for sale. They have been like this for months, one would think these items would correct over time, but they do not (for an example, search "box" on Atlantic, low to high. On the second or third page, there is a gold metal box will show for 9 gold, it is actually on the vendor as "not for sale". This has shown like this since shortly after vendor search was launched)

Last edited: